Possible Return of the Spectre

Ok so I have been spending my day reading the new Halo novel The Thursday War. What has caught my eye is that on page 132 the Spectre and the Revenant are mentioned. Now Karen Traviss cooperated with 343i to make this novel and it just came out today, so why would they mention a vehicle from way back in the Halo 2 era in a 2012 novel? I think this is because it is returning in Halo 4, and possibly alongside the Revenant, as they are both mentioned.

I’m going to read the novel more now, but what do you guys think of this?

Its out. :open_mouth:

I think it’s entirely possible. Consider the Falcon. It wasn’t seen in the Halo Universe after Reach’s fall, but a picture showed them flying by the Infinity.

Dude come on man! Put Spoiler in the titles. Some of us haven’t read it yet! It’s not even halo 4 related as you have no proof!

I’m kidding btw. I wanna get this book. But figured id start at ghosts of onyx. Still need to finish up primordium =)

I mean i loved the specture,
But its not a NEW new vehicle like the mantis.

iM just hopinf for a brand new vehicle that has never been well seen :confused: yet

Hopin for a UNSC forerunner tech vehicle combined with elite tech too

This is just a wild guess by you, very wild, just because the vehicle was only featured in the game from 2002, doesn’t automatically mean it didn’t exist in the Halo Universe and should never be mentioned again.

Hate to be a killjoy, but simply because it is mentioned in the book does not mean it will be in Halo 4.

Also the Spectre was a terrible Hog wannabe IMO.

> This is just a wild guess by you, very wild, just because the vehicle was only featured in the game from 2002, doesn’t automatically mean it didn’t exist in the Halo Universe and should never be mentioned again.

I know its a wild guess, but the possibility is always there. I was always a fan of the Spectre so when I saw it mentioned I just wanted to let you guys know because sometimes crazy assumptions turn out to be right.