Possible Return of the Falcon?

The Falcon is arguably one of the best vehicles in the whole of the Halo franchise. 343i have released a clip on social media of their sound team recording a helicopter flying around what looks like an airfield.

Could this be a subtle confirmation that the Falcon is returning?

I certainly hope so… but there are other VTOL aircraft in the Halo universe that use rotary wings or fans. The Honeybee uses turbofans. The Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, and Hornet also use fans.

Though the Falcon is the only one of the aircraft I listed above that is closest to a traditional helicopter in terms of generating lift. So I think there is more credence lent to the Falcon returning than the others.

Not to mention Reach is quite in vogue right now, it seems they’re getting a lot of inspiration from it in general!

The Falcon is the only UNSC air vehicle worth bringing back. It is more than just another Banshee clone, especially if they allow passengers like they should have in the first place. And as much as people keep asking for a Pelican in multiplayer, the Falcon is also just better suited to the scale of Halo multiplayer.

The Falcon was an amazing air craft vehicle, but there was always the ever present problem of your team mates either ditching you gunner seat or complaining because you won’t turn them to hit a target or robbed them of a kill because you swerved to dodge an incoming rocket. So while it is amazing, it also has its downsides. I do however hope we get it back or something a lot like it.

It is as far from a confirmation for anything just like the pug-noises from the other clip.

> 2533274819446242;4:
> The Falcon is the only UNSC air vehicle worth bringing back. It is more than just another Banshee clone, especially if they allow passengers like they should have in the first place. And as much as people keep asking for a Pelican in multiplayer, the Falcon is also just better suited to the scale of Halo multiplayer.

Are you saying all the other UNSC aircrafts are Banshee clones? The Banshee isn’t a VTOL, the Hornet can carry passengers, and neither the Wasp nor the Hornet can do areal maneuvers or boost speed.

The Sparrowhawk utilizes a nose mounted anti vehicular laser and has the fastest forward top speed by far.

I honestly love all of the UNSC aircrafts. They all felt unique and were all fun to fly. And I believe it’s time for the Sparrowhawk to get the much deserved FPS treatment.

> 2535440120215345;7:
> > 2533274819446242;4:
> > The Falcon is the only UNSC air vehicle worth bringing back. It is more than just another Banshee clone, especially if they allow passengers like they should have in the first place. And as much as people keep asking for a Pelican in multiplayer, the Falcon is also just better suited to the scale of Halo multiplayer.
>
> Are you saying all the other UNSC aircrafts are Banshee clones? The Banshee isn’t a VTOL, the Hornet can carry passengers, and neither the Wasp nor the Hornet can do areal maneuvers or boost speed.
>
> The Sparrowhawk utilizes a nose mounted anti vehicular laser and has the fastest forward top speed by far.
>
> I honestly love all of the UNSC aircrafts. They all felt unique and were all fun to fly. And I believe it’s time for the Sparrowhawk to get the much deserved FPS treatment.

Yeah, pretty much. VTOL and fancy flight maneuvers don’t really change what you ultimately do with the thing(also CE Banshee was capable of hovering but I digress). The Banshee, Wasp, and Phaeton all follow a very similar archetype that really only varies by propulsion. The Hornet is ‘better’ than the Wasp or Phaeton, but given the passengers don’t ultimately have much impact outside of campaign and objective delivery, the Falcon is just a better choice being an objective capable air vehicle that is teamwork oriented in direct contrast to the Banshee.

I’m not against there being more aircraft in general, especially if they can fill a more unique niche, but given 343’s historical struggles with including usable UNSC air at launch, if we are only going to get one UNSC air, the Falcon is the obvious choice.

I hope that the Falcon or Hornet come back. The clip that we saw definitely makes it seem like the Falcon.

I’d assume the Falcon if it were prop-driven. IIRC all other UNSC VTOLs use Turbofans or jet propulsion w/ gravity assists (The latter is listed on Halopedia’s engine for the older models, unsure if true).

I’m split if it’s the Falcon. While the Wasp apes the Hornet and Banshee, it honestly feels slicker to drive than the former and latter, even if I kind of wish it didn’t fall apart in a stiff breeze.

I hope it comes back,it was fun having the team mechanic of the falcon.or make a vechicle that comes close to the teamwork of the falcon.

Bringing back the Falcon would definitely be a good idea. We can also bring back the Hornet. Those vehicles are awesome to use.

If they’re recording a helicopter, most likely candidate is either the UH-144 Falcon, or some new UNSC aircraft. As of right now, the UH-144 is the only UNSC aircraft that uses propellers. All other aircraft either use ducted turbofan engines, or fusion engines

The Falcon was very cool. I’d certainly like to see it return. Hopefully we will see it flying alongside other returning air vehicles, and maybe new ones.

I am a fan of the Falcon, but I don’t think this game needs more than one flying vehicle for any faction, just to keep the game concise from a sandbox perspective like the original games were. If it’s the Falcon they choose to bring back instead of the Wasp or Hornet, that’s okay by me (I may even prefer it) but I won’t be upset if it’s one of those other ones or something new entirely either.

I think situations where the Halo sandbox has nearly redundant elements diminish the niches of each item in question. Ever since Halo 4, for example, the DMR and BT have been occupying different halves of the same niche in the games, and it’s been detrimental to both of them in my opinion. I’d rather see one come back and the other stay out if it means a better defined in-game utility for the items that are present.