Possible Reason Why Elites Aren't in MP

So I was thinking about this problem for a while and it just hit me today while working. Elites can’t operate forerunner artifacts so maybe they can’t use forerunner weapons. it kinda makes sense to me. I’m not saying they don’t belong because I thought elites in MP were pretty interesting. Maybe we will see something else in MP before release.

Anybody have anything to add or conflict with my theory?

> So I was thinking about this problem for a while and it just hit me today while working. Elites can’t operate forerunner artifacts so maybe they can’t use forerunner weapons. it kinda makes sense to me. I’m not saying they don’t belong because I thought elites in MP were pretty interesting. Maybe we will see something else in MP before release.
>
> Anybody have anything to add or conflict with my theory?

Although this is a good and thought provoking question, there is no reason 343 can give for no elites in mp. They are on a holodeck! Make it happen!

that could very well explain it!

doesn’t make much sense that they got rid of them because of “cannon-reasons aboard the Infinity” but then have “scratch that itch” replace them. I thought “canon-reasons aboard the Infinity” meant only Spartan IV’s? what makes the “scratch that itch” so different than Elites?

still stupid IMO to get rid of Elites after 8 years of having them in Multiplayer.

Elites are not in multiplayer because they are foes of the UNSC once again. Tthe Infinity is used for training Spartan IVs after the Halo 4 campaign, the UNSC will not be training Elites on their own deck.

> Elites are not in multiplayer because they are foes of the UNSC once again. Tthe Infinity is used for training Spartan IVs after the Halo 4 campaign, the UNSC will not be training Elites on their own deck.

Um, elites were in Halo 2, and we were still fighting them pretty much the entire game… Oh and why would they have to be training them? They could just be holograms, there is no reason not to have elites in mp.

I thought they wouldn’t be in multiplayer because they are no longer the main enemy. I thought the focus was on humanity and forerunners.

Reason why there are no elites in multiplayer is that the multiplayer experience is taking place in the ship ‘infinity’ in the Wargames centre. A simulation which spartans fight in.

> > Elites are not in multiplayer because they are foes of the UNSC once again. Tthe Infinity is used for training Spartan IVs after the Halo 4 campaign, the UNSC will not be training Elites on their own deck.
>
> Um, elites were in Halo 2, and we were still fighting them pretty much the entire game… Oh and why would they have to be training them? They could just be holograms, there is no reason not to have elites in mp.

So people would play hologram and… Do you even realize how dumb this sound. For the sake of canon Halo 4 I think removing the Elites was neat.

They’ve already given a good enough reason…

AAAHHHHH! You people don’t realize that it is a holodeck! They can create anything they want! We could fight as unicorns if 343 wanted and it would fit the story! AAAAAhhhh! Read my posts!!!

> So I was thinking about this problem for a while and it just hit me today while working. Elites can’t operate forerunner artifacts so maybe they can’t use forerunner weapons. it kinda makes sense to me. I’m not saying they don’t belong because I thought elites in MP were pretty interesting. Maybe we will see something else in MP before release.
>
> Anybody have anything to add or conflict with my theory?

Forerunner weapons fit to the users grip and biology, species only matters when it comes to very high value machinery, also know as the Halo rings. If all Forerunner equipment worked only for them and us, then the Covenant would never of had the chance to reverse engineer any forerunner technology, they would not be a Tier 2 civilization.

I have always hated Elites in Halo, so I welcome them not being in with open arms. Just go play SWAT in Halo 3 for a couple minutes, you’ll understand. They don’t fit and there’s no purpose.

> > > Elites are not in multiplayer because they are foes of the UNSC once again. Tthe Infinity is used for training Spartan IVs after the Halo 4 campaign, the UNSC will not be training Elites on their own deck.
> >
> > Um, elites were in Halo 2, and we were still fighting them pretty much the entire game… Oh and why would they have to be training them? They could just be holograms, there is no reason not to have elites in mp.
>
> So people would play hologram and… Do you even realize how dumb this sound. For the sake of canon Halo 4 I think removing the Elites was neat.

Really? so it’s neat that 343 turned their back on a large part of the Halo community, when they full well could have made it possible to play as Elites. It didn’t even need a story! Red and Blue spartans fought each other in every other game! Stop being a jerk, I’m just pointing out that they could have done it even with the holo deck.

With Infinity slayer being more of a training grounds for the UNSC it all makes sense that the Spartans would be fighting Spartans over Elites.

Also the Covenant is not the powerhouse they once were. They don’t look as armored as they are in previous Halo games. So I’m sure the UNSC Spartans, Marines and ODST’s are stronger now since we won the war in Halo 3.

> that could very well explain it!
>
> doesn’t make much sense that they got rid of them because of “<mark>cannon-reasons aboard the Infinity</mark>” but then have “scratch that itch” replace them. I thought “canon-reasons aboard the Infinity” meant only Spartan IV’s? what makes the “scratch that itch” so different than Elites?
>
> still stupid IMO to get rid of Elites after 8 years of having them in Multiplayer.

They shot all the Elites out of cannons! :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe when they referred to something that’ll “scratch that itch”, they were talking about Invasion, not Elites. I may be wrong, though.

> that could very well explain it!
>
> doesn’t make much sense that they got rid of them because of “cannon-reasons aboard the Infinity” but then have “scratch that itch” replace them. I thought “canon-reasons aboard the Infinity” meant only Spartan IV’s? what makes the “scratch that itch” so different than Elites?
>
> still stupid IMO to get rid of Elites after <mark>8 years of having them in Multiplayer</mark>.

LOL, since when has that ever stopped 343?

Scoring System, Flag Pistol, Oddball Throwing… etc

343 isn’t a big fan of “tradition”. They just scrap it and make they’re own stuff saying “We wanted to make it our Halo”.

> > that could very well explain it!
> >
> > doesn’t make much sense that they got rid of them because of “<mark>cannon-reasons aboard the Infinity</mark>” but then have “scratch that itch” replace them. I thought “canon-reasons aboard the Infinity” meant only Spartan IV’s? what makes the “scratch that itch” so different than Elites?
> >
> > still stupid IMO to get rid of Elites after 8 years of having them in Multiplayer.
>
> They shot all the Elites out of cannons! :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I believe when they referred to something that’ll “scratch that itch”, they were talking about Invasion, not Elites. I may be wrong, though.

Moar cannon jokes? YEAHHHH!!!

please people learn the difference between cannon and canon ahahah

> > that could very well explain it!
> >
> > doesn’t make much sense that they got rid of them because of “<mark>cannon-reasons aboard the Infinity</mark>” but then have “scratch that itch” replace them. I thought “canon-reasons aboard the Infinity” meant only Spartan IV’s? what makes the “scratch that itch” so different than Elites?
> >
> > still stupid IMO to get rid of Elites after 8 years of having them in Multiplayer.
>
> They shot all the Elites out of cannons! :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I believe when they referred to something that’ll “scratch that itch”, <mark>they were talking about Invasion</mark>, not Elites. I may be wrong, though.

Who’s itching for Invasion? I don’t wanna be some dinosaur.

Because Elite gameplay is stupid.

Well, it’s mainly the story line for infinity. Also we dealt with the covies. They did say the will add something in to “scratch that itch,”. It’s simulation training.