Possible reason for so many map-packs so soon

I’ve been thinking that the reason why 343 is releasing so many map packs so quickly is, because they are working on Halo 2 Anniversary.

(Which would use Halo 4’s engine, like how Halo CE Anniversary used Halo Reach’s engine)

I think Halo 2 Anniversary would be a launch title for the Xbox 360 2, which will most likely launch in November.

Microsoft will most likely want to get the Xbox 360 2 to market before Sony makes it to market with the PlayStation 4.

And having a remake of Halo 2 ready for the Xbox 360 2’s (The 360 2 would most likely have a MSRP of $399.99 for it’s basic edition) launch will help sell systems, with being able to have a MSRP of $39.99.

People would be able to buy a Xbox 360 2 with Halo 2 Anniversary for under $500.00 including tax.

I’ve also been thinking that the reason there have been so many map packs so quickly is, because 343* might have more map pack’s that they want to release outside of the Map-Pack Pass, so people would need to buy them with Microsoft Points.

*343 is owned by Microsoft, so such decisions are made by Microsoft not 343.

If Halo 2 is coming on it’s 10th anniversary like CE it should be Nov 2014.

> If Halo 2 is coming on it’s 10th anniversary like CE it should be Nov 2014.

I didn’t think of that . .

That could also happen, and that would be 2 years since Halo 4 came out.

I was thinking that if Microsoft was going to release the Xbox 360 2 this year, then Halo 2 Anniversary would be a very good launch title for it.

If it had full cross play with Halo 4 multiplayer then I think it would sell.

Halo 4 and it would have specific playlists that use Halo 2 settings.

> > If Halo 2 is coming on it’s 10th anniversary like CE it should be Nov 2014.
>
> I didn’t think of that . .
>
>
> I was thinking that if Microsoft was going to release the Xbox 360 2 this year, then Halo 2 Anniversary would be a very good launch title for it.

You never know, but when Xbox 360 launched Perfect Dark and Project Gotham Racing 3 were amongst the new titles, Halo 3 was not a launch title for the 360, I can think of several others that could launch the next Xbox, and none are Halo.

> > > If Halo 2 is coming on it’s 10th anniversary like CE it should be Nov 2014.
> >
> > I didn’t think of that . .
> >
> >
> > I was thinking that if Microsoft was going to release the Xbox 360 2 this year, then Halo 2 Anniversary would be a very good launch title for it.
>
> You never know, but when Xbox 360 launched Perfect Dark and Project Gotham Racing 3 were amongst the new titles, Halo 3 was not a launch title for the 360, I can think of several others that could launch the next Xbox, and none are Halo.

That’s true.

I guess I’m hoping for a good games at launch.

I’m not saying those are bad games, I’ve never played them.

I think a good launch game is a AAA flagship game.

Microsoft has Halo and Gears of War, Sony has Killzone and God of War, and Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin.

If all of the big 3 had at least one of their flagship games at launch, every console would have a successful launch, especially Nintendo.

Launching Halo 2 Anniversary alongside the next Xbox (I’m sorry…but… Xbox 360 2? A terrible idea for a name… So let’s not call it that, good? Good.) would be a silly move on Microsoft’s part, since it would hinder the game’s sales by a lot.

I mean, let’s be honest here, how many people would buy the new console at launch, possibly paying 400-500$, for the sole purpose of getting Halo 2 Anniversary? Very few, I can tell you that.

> Launching Halo 2 Anniversary alongside the next Xbox (I’m sorry…but… Xbox 360 2? A terrible idea for a name… So let’s not call it that, good? Good.) would be a silly move on Microsoft’s part, since it would hinder the game’s sales by a lot.
>
> I mean, let’s be honest here, how many people would buy the new console at launch, possibly paying 400-500$, for the sole purpose of getting Halo 2 Anniversary? Very few, I can tell you that.

I agree that Halo 2 HD would not be a console seller. A console shouldn’t be bought for just one game, there are many reasons behind it. Online capabilities, media abilities, BC, etc.

Also, PLEASE do not start more nonsense about the name. We have a 3+ page thread about it already. (Not attacking you, Hotrod, just saying in general.)

I was under the impression that they weren’t going to do it, atleast thats what every article on the internet says. Here’s to hoping i guess.

> > Launching Halo 2 Anniversary alongside the next Xbox (I’m sorry…but… Xbox 360 2? A terrible idea for a name… So let’s not call it that, good? Good.) would be a silly move on Microsoft’s part, since it would hinder the game’s sales by a lot.
> >
> > I mean, let’s be honest here, how many people would buy the new console at launch, possibly paying 400-500$, for the sole purpose of getting Halo 2 Anniversary? Very few, I can tell you that.
>
> I agree that Halo 2 HD would not be a console seller. A console shouldn’t be bought for just one game, there are many reasons behind it. Online capabilities, media abilities, BC, etc.
>
> Also, PLEASE do not start more nonsense about the name. We have a 3+ page thread about it already. (Not attacking you, Hotrod, just saying in general.)

Halo 2 Anniversary would be a big incentive for Halo fans to pick up the new system at launch.

It wouldn’t be the only game at launch.

The two ideas in the OP are the best ideas that I could think of that would explain why map-packs are coming out so quickly.

The Halo 2 Anniversary idea came about because I really didn’t want to think that the map-pack pass idea was the possible reason.

343 is more then likely doing one of the two.

Or, maybe the maps are just ready to be released.

> Or, maybe the maps are just ready to be released.

But isn’t it odd for a game to have so many map-packs so close together ?

> > Or, maybe the maps are just ready to be released.
>
> But isn’t it odd for a game to have so many map-packs so close together ?

Nope. If they’re done, they’re done. There’s no need for everything to be a conspiracy.

> > > Or, maybe the maps are just ready to be released.
> >
> > But isn’t it odd for a game to have so many map-packs so close together ?
>
> Nope. If they’re done, they’re done. There’s no need for everything to be a conspiracy.

Then what will the next DLC* be ?

I really hope it isn’t the second idea I posted.

Edit = *thing be

I love conspiracy theorists lol

> I love conspiracy theorists lol

Jesse Ventura and his crew need to get on the case of what 343 is doing.

ROFL . . His show on Tru TV was very entertaining.

To be honest, I think it’s more of a money making scheme by Microsoft. Halo 4 had the largest budget of any videogame to date. They’re looking for a huge profit and will churn out as much as possible to make that profit larger. While I love Halo 4, the game should have been delayed and many things (Spartan Ops in particular) should have been handled better. The reason they didn’t delay it, and the reason they handled SpOps the way they did is likely the same reason for their handling of the Map Packs. Money. 343 is purely a MS owned company so they don’t have to share the profits. Map Pack releases often cause a short spike in online activity, which could, theoretically, result in more Gold purchases (again, the reason for SpOps’ handling). DLC is a fairly cheap method of adding to profits (one of the many practices that could quite easily collapse in on itself if trends continue).

If a Halo 2 remake is to coincide with a “significant” anniversary, then it would launch next year at the earliest date. Furthermore, remakes are rarely system sellers, and have never sold as well as the original version. There are a number of reasons for this but it’s a tried and tested truth of the industry.

Well eben gibon king, 343 are under a lot of pressure.

They need to satisfy Microsoft, make enough money, develop a game that they want, and also try to satisfy the core fanbase while trying to reach out to as much people as possible. It’s no easy task to manage such a big franchise like Halo.

I think that 343 needs to develop a “full” remake of Halo 2, not just a cool re-skin like Halo: CEA was. I believe that Halo should continue in this new direction, but fans are starved for that “classic” Halo feel and a full remake of Halo 2 could allow that. If done right, I believe it would be able to boost the next Xbox’s sales by quite a lot.

> > > > Or, maybe the maps are just ready to be released.
> > >
> > > But isn’t it odd for a game to have so many map-packs so close together ?
> >
> > Nope. If they’re done, they’re done. There’s no need for everything to be a conspiracy.
>
> Then what will the next DLC* be ?
>
> I really hope it isn’t the second idea I posted.
>
> Edit = *thing be

Why must there be something else?