Possible new covenant energy weapon

So with the cover art announced for Halo: Shadow of Intent, we get a glimpse at some sort of energy spear. Do you guys think this weapon could be in halo 5?

Personally I think it is pretty unlikely, but I have not seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I should bring it up. The energy sword pictured does share the halo 5 handle, so maybe this spear does take some inspiration from an in game weapon.

A bit off topic, but I am very happy to see rtas back.

> 2533274898131165;1:
> So with the cover art announced for Halo: Shadow of Intent, we get a glimpse at some sort of energy spear. Do you guys think this weapon could be in halo 5?
>
> Personally I think it is pretty unlikely, but I have not seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I should bring it up. Though, the energy sword pictured does share the halo 5 handle, so maybe this spear does take some inspiration from an in game weapon.
>
> A bit off topic, but I am very happy to see rtas back, it also seems like “arbiter” is no longer a mark of shame and has been given to a new elite.

Where did you hear about there being a new arbiter?

I hope

> 2533274898765950;2:
> > 2533274898131165;1:
> > So with the cover art announced for Halo: Shadow of Intent, we get a glimpse at some sort of energy spear. Do you guys think this weapon could be in halo 5?
> >
> > Personally I think it is pretty unlikely, but I have not seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I should bring it up. Though, the energy sword pictured does share the halo 5 handle, so maybe this spear does take some inspiration from an in game weapon.
> >
> > A bit off topic, but I am very happy to see rtas back, it also seems like “arbiter” is no longer a mark of shame and has been given to a new elite.
>
>
> Where did you hear about there being a new arbiter?

Just an assumption I made, but I edited it out. Looks like you were too fast though, rip.

> 2533274898131165;4:
> > 2533274898765950;2:
> > > 2533274898131165;1:
> > > So with the cover art announced for Halo: Shadow of Intent, we get a glimpse at some sort of energy spear. Do you guys think this weapon could be in halo 5?
> > >
> > > Personally I think it is pretty unlikely, but I have not seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I should bring it up. Though, the energy sword pictured does share the halo 5 handle, so maybe this spear does take some inspiration from an in game weapon.
> > >
> > > A bit off topic, but I am very happy to see rtas back, it also seems like “arbiter” is no longer a mark of shame and has been given to a new elite.
> >
> >
> > Where did you hear about there being a new arbiter?
>
>
> Just an assumption I made, but I edited it out. Looks like you were too fast though, rip.

No problem lol

Doubt it will actually appear in-game. Would be kind of redundant if it did.

Doubt it’ll make it into the game.

If it is in the game it will probably be an AI only weapon like how the energy sword was in Halo CE
Im perfectly fine with an energy spear tho :slight_smile:

It just looks like a redesigned energy stave. I’m not going to say it won’t be in H5 because I have no idea what the full arsenal of weapons will be, but I will say it would be a redundant weapon to include.

> 2533274898131165;1:
> So with the cover art announced for Halo: Shadow of Intent, we get a glimpse at some sort of energy spear. Do you guys think this weapon could be in halo 5?
>
> Personally I think it is pretty unlikely, but I have not seen anyone talk about it, so I thought I should bring it up. The energy sword pictured does share the halo 5 handle, so maybe this spear does take some inspiration from an in game weapon.
>
> A bit off topic, but I am very happy to see rtas back.

I don’t think they will be bringing in all of the lore additions, not so quick. I think they will aim more for forerunner additions this go around.

That ‘arbiter’ looking elite might actually be a new female elite. Go check out Halo Canon in youtube.

That’s not what got my attention.
What got my attention is when I found out Joe Staten is writing it!

I hope it is in the game. It would be badass.

It resembles a naginata, which isn’t surprising considering the similarities between the Elites and the Samurai. They were both very honor-bound, for example. But I don’t think or hope that the “energy naginata” will be in the game. It wouldn’t really be useful unless you gave it a longer lunge, and even if you did, it would still be too similar to the energy sword and live in the in energy sword’s shadow. If they were to add another energy weapon, it would have to be different from the energy sword.