Possible New Armor in Title Update!!

I was watching some old interview before the map pack Defiant came out, and someone was interviewing Frankie. They asked him if there was going to be any new armor that comes with the map pack or any future map pack and he stumbled and didnt really reply to the question. Know we all know that we didnt get any new armor with Defiant but maybe in that interview Frankie was thinking of Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary!! I may be wrong Bungie promised no more armor but 343 never did! Post what you think below, or what armor you would want! I personally hope they add red visor!!

Well maybe he was thinking of armor that comes with Anniversary or new armor that comes with the update…

I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.

It would take a monumental update to put in new armor, without a disc. So armor with an update? Very doubtful. Armor with CE:A? Very possible.

> I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.

And if you’re wrong?

> > I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.
>
> And if you’re wrong?

If I am wrong then we would have had new Armour in Halo 3, which we didn’t, and we would have new Armour in Halo: Reach, which we still don’t.

I think I am right :wink:

> > I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.
>
> And if you’re wrong?

Then Bungie is wrong about their own game, because they said this themselves.

> > > I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.
> >
> > And if you’re wrong?
>
> Then Bungie is wrong about their own game, because they said this themselves.

This as well, they confirmed that the helmet shown in the Defiant Map Pack had nothing to do with it, bs angel has said “if we told told, we would have to kill you”

They may have something in store for the helmet but adding it to a retail version of Reach, not possible.

> > > I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.
> >
> > And if you’re wrong?
>
> Then Bungie is wrong about their own game, because they said this themselves.

They also didn’t want to change Bloom or anything, which leads me to question: What if this was all set up to make 343i look good? The way they’re doing things, I mean, FireFight with the flood should be equally as impossible since you says assets need to be in the .map files. Armor should be equally as possible. Atleast for people playing off the CE:A disc.

> > > > I thought we all got over this stage and we agreed that it was impossible to add without downloading all the .map files, which by the way isn’t an option, the .map files are huge and Microsoft has a limit on the size of Title Updates.
> > >
> > > And if you’re wrong?
> >
> > Then Bungie is wrong about their own game, because they said this themselves.
>
> They also didn’t want to change Bloom or anything, which leads me to question: What if this was all set up to make 343i look good? The way they’re doing things, I mean, FireFight with the flood should be equally as impossible since you says assets need to be in the .map files. Armor should be equally as possible. Atleast for people playing off the CE:A disc.

Actually, anything is possible in DLC apart from new helmets that require the old .map files to be updated.

Adding the flood is possible in the new Firefight map as it won’t reflect on anything else within the game requiring no .map file to be updated.

The only reason Bungie didn’t make any code changes for Reach is because, well they felt no need to, they were handing it to 343i who then had the freedom to do what they wanted with it.

I still don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible if the armor was in the TU. Everyone would have to download the armor (not that big of a file) and so everything would be fine.

Well I hope they add armor on the C.E. disc!! It would be awesome!!

> I still don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible if the armor was in the TU. Everyone would have to download the armor (not that big of a file) and so everything would be fine.

Don’t be so quick to judge about it. For people that don’t understand coding very well, of course you don’t see why it may be impossible. As Reach is, yes, it IS impossible to add any new armor. They would need a new disc entirely, or update the .map files, which I do agree would be out of the question.

However, CE:A is in it’s own disc which changes everything. But how would it work for people who don’t buy the game is a whole 'nother story in itself. :confused:

> I still don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible if the armor was in the TU. Everyone would have to download the armor (not that big of a file) and so everything would be fine.

You need to understand how it would work.

In Reach’s current state, it is not possible to just simply flick a button, release a title update and new armour would be there.

You would actually need to make people redownload the .map files which contain the updated armour assets for Reach.

This includes redownloading the following, Multiplayer Maps, Firefight Maps, Campaign Maps, the spartan armour previews in Lobbies.

Now if you think how big Reach is on the disk(roughly 6GB) then you are seeing a huge download coming your way and it is simply not possible to do that, the highest Title Update that has been done was a 500 MB one and that was for the GoW3 Beta to work.

Plus the fact it would take DAYS for some people to download it because they can’t get better internet in their area.

> > I still don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible if the armor was in the TU. Everyone would have to download the armor (not that big of a file) and so everything would be fine.
>
> Don’t be so quick to judge about it. For people that don’t understand coding very well, of course you don’t see why it may be impossible. As Reach is, yes, it IS impossible to add any new armor. They would need a new disc entirely, or update the .map files, which I do agree would be out of the question.
>
> However, CE:A is in it’s own disc which changes everything. But how would it work for people who don’t buy the game is a whole 'nother story in itself. :confused:

This, completely forgot about the fact even playing via Halo CEA wouldn’t work as for the following,

1. You can install the maps to your hard drive and play them through Reach
  2. The maps will eventually be released to the Marketplace for people who haven’t bought Combat Evolved Anniversary.

You’re right, I don’t know much about coding and I’m basing my standoff off just a logical sense. I agree, it for sure wouldn’t work if it were on the disks.

On a final note, it would be possible if Microsoft made all Halo: Reach disks VOID and forced us to get a replaced copy to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

But that will NEVER happen.

Truth is, they have the potential to add it into CE:A without any massive update. It’s quite simple really:

Add it into the CE:A discs, then simply add a code telling the game that if it cannot load the part of armor, equip the default.

It would work, and then the people who pay for the new game can use and see them, while the people who haven’t will only see default armor. Otherwise, it would require a a huge update of several gigs.

Note that all of I’ve said is from memory and “chinese whispers”, so I may be incorrect.

> Truth is, they have the potential to add it into CE:A without any massive update. It’s quite simple really:
>
> Add it into the CE:A discs, then simply add a code telling the game that if it cannot load the part of armor, equip the default.
>
> It would work, and then the people who pay for the new game can use and see them, while the people who haven’t will only see default armor. Otherwise, it would require a a huge update of several gigs.
>
> Note that all of I’ve said is from memory and “chinese whispers”, so I may be incorrect.

I don’t think that would work either :confused:

> > Truth is, they have the potential to add it into CE:A without any massive update. It’s quite simple really:
> >
> > Add it into the CE:A discs, then simply add a code telling the game that if it cannot load the part of armor, equip the default.
> >
> > It would work, and then the people who pay for the new game can use and see them, while the people who haven’t will only see default armor. Otherwise, it would require a a huge update of several gigs.
> >
> > Note that all of I’ve said is from memory and “chinese whispers”, so I may be incorrect.
>
> I don’t think that would work either :confused:

Functionality-wise, it would work like a charm. In theory, it would work exactly like when you pull your trigger with no ammo left, think of it like this:

If ammo>0, load “fire”+“gun sound”
If ammo=0, load “trigger-click”

If armor=on disc, load armor
If armor=not on disc, load default armor

Look at it like that, and it’s incredibly simple. Mind you, adding armors would be much easier if they’d programmed them in differently, like Brink does.