Possible identity of Halo 4's composer

This though kinda crossed my mind as I listened to the music from the recent “Working at 343” video. If you listen right at the end of the song, do those beats not sound familiar? To me, it sounds like the work of Stephen Rippy. Halo Wars’ composer. It would make sense to have him as the composer. He has experience with making music for the Halo franchise. This is merely speculation other than the similarities between music. Let me know what you guys think.

I just hope that the composer gets announced soon.

He deserves to be recognized for that amazing piece from the “Working at 343i” video.

I have confidence in Halo 4.

> I just hope that the composer gets announced soon.
>
> He deserves to be recognized for that amazing piece from the “Working at 343i” video.
>
> I have confidence in Halo 4.

Agreed, I’m liking the new direction the music is taking. It will become the new Halo. The music gives me this vibe that Halo 4-6 are going to be FPS Action/Adventure games, which is good in my opinion. Puts a really good focus on storytelling and other crucial elements.

I’d laugh my head off if it was a super secret that Marty O’Donnell had something to do with it.

> I’d laugh my head off if it was a super secret that Marty O’Donnell had something to do with it.

The thought has crossed my mind that Marty might still be the composer, but then I keep remembering that he is part of Bungie’s actual staff and not contracted to work for them, so that usually puts that idea to rest.

Hmm this could be possible. At least there would be some form of continuity.

Good call. Even if wrong, still a good guess.

Apparently IGN thinks Marty is the composer. Oh IGN you worry me sometimes.
Then you head to Bungies one lol.

I hope it’s not Steven Rippy. I didn’t like Halo Wars’ soundtrack at all.

You know, you’re right.

The percussion sounds a lot like Rippy’s work. I’m crossing my fingers. <3

> I hope it’s not Steven Rippy. I didn’t like Halo Wars’ soundtrack at all.

You have to remember though, Halo Wars was an RTS, so the music had to be different, but still retain that Halo vibe. Thats exactly what he did. He created RTS music, and then mixed Halo into it. He could do the same here. Create an Action/Adventure style music with Halo. It works. Would you rather the composers who worked on Halo: Legends do it? Actually, I wouldn’t mind that at all. I liked Halo: Legends music as well.

> Apparently IGN thinks Marty is the composer. Oh IGN you worry me sometimes.
> Then you head to Bungies one lol.

Is it possible that he shows up on there because of CEA’s music?

> > Apparently IGN thinks Marty is the composer. Oh IGN you worry me sometimes.
> > Then you head to Bungies one lol.
>
> Is it possible that he shows up on there because of CEA’s music?

No, because he is not an employee of 343.

> > Apparently IGN thinks Marty is the composer. Oh IGN you worry me sometimes.
> > Then you head to Bungies one lol.
>
> Is it possible that he shows up on there because of CEA’s music?

Marty may have done the original music, but a new composer and Skywalker Sound did the remakes. So maybe they gave him credit, I don’t know.

what song? you didnt give a link or anything

also what about michael salvatori he helped marty compose and produce some of the best halo soundtracks, is he contracted for bungie?

so that was halo music on the video? I thought it was some random music.

> I’d laugh my head off if it was a super secret that Marty O’Donnell had something to do with it.

Please oh please!

> so that was halo music on the video? I thought it was some random music.

Yes the work for 343 video had Halo 4 music in it.

> what song? you didnt give a link or anything
>
> also waht about michael salvatori he helped marty compose and produce some of the best halo soundtracks, is he contracted for bungie?

Oh, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTomRwElYk Working at 343 Music. Tentatively titled Arrival.

I’ll have to look for the Halo Wars song that has a similar ending beat, but I know there is one.

To tell you the truth, I dont care who is composing as long as they do a good job, and from the sound of the leaked piece it seems like he/she is doing a good job.

> To tell you the truth, I dont care who is composing as long as they do a good job, and from the sound of the leaked piece it seems like he/she is doing a good job.

Agreed. Also throws sticky :stuck_out_tongue: