Possible Halo 2: Anniversary Released?

Proof that Halo 2 HD has not been released or has been worked on.

It’s under the “Speculation and Rumour” part of the magazine.

Halo 2: Anniversary, at this moment, is not being worked on. I’m sure it is a thought for Microsoft and 343 Industries. Let us hope it doesn’t get turned down.

They wouldn’t release it with Halo 4 right around the corner.

Not to mention within a year of release it would have more active users on nightly than Halo 4 would and that would look bad.

> They wouldn’t release it with Halo 4 right around the corner.
>
>
> Not to mention within a year of release it would have more active users on nightly than Halo 4 would and that would look bad.

Not entirely true. The new generation of gamers haven’t played the original Halo 2 and they are used to Halo: Reach, which Halo 4 is going to be like. That new generation, if Halo 2: Anniversary does come out, will stay with Halo 4, while the players who originally played it, like myself, will return to it.

Releasing a Halo 2 anniversary would be in 2014 because that is 10 years after Halo 2’s original release. Which is also the same year which Halo 5 is released. (I heard that microsoft wants 343 to make the games with a 2 year gap).

Therefore Halo 2 anniversary would split the population of Halo 4 and 5… wouldn’t it?

> Proof that Halo 2 HD has not been released or has been worked on.

True, but it says “at this time”. They might work on it after Halo 4.

Despite the fact that I would honestly like a Halo 2: Anniversary, I don’t believe 343i are currently working on it due to an aforemention source:

> Proof that Halo 2 HD has not been released or has been worked on.

It would be cool though. Besides, how is this related to Halo 4? It should be in the Halo 2 forum.

> > They wouldn’t release it with Halo 4 right around the corner.
> >
> >
> > Not to mention within a year of release it would have more active users on nightly than Halo 4 would and that would look bad.
>
> Not entirely true. The new generation of gamers haven’t played the original Halo 2 and they are used to Halo: Reach, which Halo 4 is going to be like. That new generation, if Halo 2: Anniversary does come out, will stay with Halo 4, while the players who originally played it, like myself, will return to it.

well that’s partly my point.

games today are made to be played by for 1-2 years MAX. Then the player base they attract will inevitably move on to the next “big” game. (ex. look at Reach)

Games that have great gameplay at their foundations are played for decades by thousands of players. If -Yoink!- never shut down the Halo 2 servers it would still have 10,000+ people per night, not bad for a game released in '04. Just look at the PC there is games from 10 years ago that are still well populated to this day.

> > Proof that Halo 2 HD has not been released or has been worked on.
>
> True, but it says “at this time”. They might work on it after Halo 4.

My thoughts exactly.

Which would be nice, because my new, awesome computer has decided it doesn’t want to run Halo 2 Vista.

:frowning:

> They wouldn’t release it with Halo 4 right around the corner.
>
>
> Not to mention within a year of release it would have more active users on nightly than Halo 4 would and that would look bad.

Oh, ye of little faith.

Halo 2 was decent, and it’ll remain decent, even with improved graphics. Halo 4, meanwhile, is new and epic, as well as (most likely) superior to Halo 2 in every way except duel-wielding and the Brute Plasma Rifle, and neither of which matter (though I loved the Brute PR). Halo 2: Anniversary would only be good for achievements and maybe new maps.

My GODS I hope this happens. I can see it happening next year, perhaps in the Spring, releasing with maps for Halo 4 War Games.

I seriously doubt they will return Halo 2 matchmaking as so many nostalgics want.

To be honest I’d rather 343i just made a new Halo game rather than remaking Bungie’s work and calling it their own.

Put it this way I’d rather a brand new ODST game or Spartan-IV game rather than a Halo 2 with nicer graphics. I love Halo 2 and think its an amazing game, but it just doesn’t need a rebuild.

They said that they aren’t working on one, so no.

They wouldn’t be calling it their own any more than Halo: CEA, and it would be a good opportunity to bring it to the 360 (in-case the “720” can’t play original Xbox games at all,) and to fix issues like image ghosting.

> > They wouldn’t release it with Halo 4 right around the corner.
> >
> >
> > Not to mention within a year of release it would have more active users on nightly than Halo 4 would and that would look bad.
>
> Oh, ye of little faith.
>
> Halo 2 was decent, and it’ll remain decent, even with improved graphics. Halo 4, meanwhile, is new and epic, as well as (most likely) superior to Halo 2 in every way except duel-wielding and the Brute Plasma Rifle, and neither of which matter (though I loved the Brute PR). Halo 2: Anniversary would only be good for achievements and maybe new maps.

Halo 2 was by far the best Halo game to have been released so far, not “decent”.

That being said, it would probably lack multiplayer, (like Halo CEA), and instead come with a map pack for Halo 4 or 5, (like Halo CEA did with Reach). It would therefore not split the Halo 4 or 5 online population. There is, however, no doubt in my mind that they’ll release Halo 2: Anniversary.

it comes out in 2014. why would they start working on it now?
they should be more concerned about Halo 4.

though this makes me very happy. Halo 2 was, and still is, my favorite, most memorable, most fun, Halo game to date.

> it comes out in 2014.

Nothing has ever said that. It doesn’t even need to be called “Halo 2 Anniversary,” it could simply be called “Halo 2 HD”

I really hope 343i is considering a Halo 2 Anniversary, cause that would mean that every current Halo game would now be on the Xbox 360. Most anyone who’s played the old Halo 2 on the 360 knows that it’s got some problems.