Possible future halo weapons

Hey how’s it going As the title says I have a few Halo weapon ideas these are just ideas and are not official. Here are two of my best ones

Possibly a gun that shoots a 3 round burst but the bullets slowly get weaker. Say the first 4 bursts could get you a kill if you land headshot a by after those 4 bursts (if you land them or not) the gun becomes a 6 burst kill to the head and after those 6 it becomes even weaker and so on and so forth also this gun should have a very large mag Possibly 71 (4,6,10,14,17,20) and reload should be very Long to balance it off what do you think.

Another idea I have is to have a gun you charge up very slowly and you sacrifice you shields to drain that exact amount of your targets shields.

These are just some ideas but what do you guys think do you like them do you disagree with them and what are some other ideas you have

I actually really like the first one better and hope they put it in the game

I really don’t see a single point in the first weapon. It’s like a BR that slowly gets worse. It would eventually become completely useless as the amount of bursts required to kill someone increases. If the weapon fired very fast, then maybe that could work, but I still doubt it.

The second weapon, on the other hand, sounds awesome. I would love to use it.

The second I though of these I posted them so they are still a wip

Why 3 round bursts? Why not 4? Or 5? Or 12? Why not a dual burst fire rocket launcher?

> 2533274939958452;3:
> I really don’t see a single point in the first weapon. It’s like a BR, that slowly gets worse. It would eventually become completely useless as the amount of bursts required to kill someone increases. If the weapon fired very fast, then maybe that could work, but I still doubt it.
>
> The second weapon, on the other hand, sounds awesome. I would love to use it.

Well it would be something like that but the gun should get weaker to require those first shots to be more valuable and reward those skilled players

Maybe a fast fast 5 burst

> 2535444900287846;2:
> I actually really like the first one better and hope they put it in the game

Pretty sure everyone would rather use a br or lightrifle. More rifles with 4 burst, a different singleshot or another autorifle for forerunner

I don’t get the point of having a weapon that gets progressively weaker. You’re actually punishing skilled players because even if they hit all their shots the weapon is still going to end up being inevitably useless after awhile.

The second idea might be good in other shooters, but the existence of the Plasma Pistol completely destroys it.

> 2533274819302824;9:
> I don’t get the point of having a weapon that gets progressively weaker. You’re actually punishing skilled players because even if they hit all their shots the weapon is still going to end up being inevitably useless after awhile.
>
> The second idea might be good in other shooters, but the existence of the Plasma Pistol completely destroys it.

Yep those weapons would be useless compared to the current weapons.

You guys completely changed my mind I shall rethink it

> 2533274819302824;9:
> I don’t get the point of having a weapon that gets progressively weaker. You’re actually punishing skilled players because even if they hit all their shots the weapon is still going to end up being inevitably useless after awhile.
>
> The second idea might be good in other shooters, but the existence of the Plasma Pistol completely destroys it.

However, a weapon that progressively gets more powerful with use has potential, so long as there’s a cap and it’s sufficiently difficult to use.

A kill chain weapon so to speak, each kill raises its power by say, 5%. At best you have 10 shots, no refills. Starts out as a 3 hit kill slowly progresses until it kills instantly. Shots could get progressively more powerful and faster, but time between shots slower. Alternatively, a beam based weapon where the bolt gets progressively wider after every kill, allowing it to cover more distance and potentially be used as an area denial weapon.

Come to think of it, in custom settings one could allow the weapon to gain power by shooting teammates. In Slayer this would set you behind by a few points but would allow you to safely charge the weapon and potentially receive more kills than you spent using it. Would be tricky to find the right balance between “hilariously overpowered” and “just tactical enough to make things interesting”, but it could, well… make thing’s interesting.

Hmm…

As for the second weapon, agreed. Now, if one were to drain shields in an effort to deal out, say, area-of-effect damage… Perhaps a relatively slow moving, expanding pulse? Draining shields could give it more power and thus do more damage more quickly, or increase the rate at which it expands (thought it could only expand, say 500 units or something along those lines).

The concept of a weapon that drains shields for additional power isn’t too far fetched. Just need to figure out a way to make it fit, and more importantly, add to the gameplay in a way that’s beneficial.