Possible find? New Assault rifle, HUD

343i commissioned Blue Realm studios to make the Mark VII armor for PAX last year.
I went through their behind the scenes video and noticed some interesting things.
First off in the Halo 4 PAX video, it’s stated that 343i gave Blue Realm some of their 3D models of the Chief.
If you watch the “behind the scenes” video, there’s a scene where the guys go to Home Depot. One of them has an ipad out. You can barely see the Chief in it but it looks like the image is not from the reveal trailer and may be a screenshot from a possible cutscene.

But that is not what I think the possible find is. The Assault Rifle looks a bit odd. At 0:28 and 3:12 you can get a pretty good look at it. Here’s an image of the Halo 3 assault rifle Based off of the parts seen in the video compared to what you can see in the picture, it appears that this is not the same model.

I believe I have found the Halo 4 assault rifle. I will soon draw up a sketch of it based off of these findings.

Also I managed to get some good screenshots of the 3D models of the helmet:
1
2
Since the HUD is usually based off of the outlines of the visor, I think I can make up what the HUD for Halo 4 will most likely look like. I’ll do this first thing after I get some sleep.

Now it is 2:43 in the morning and I would love to get some sleep.

Very interesting notice the blurrede out posters on the wall next to the helmet render?
Btw I’m on iPad and it likes to autocorrects spelling mistakes inevitable

I whis someone could photoshop the ipad so we all can see it better

Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.

Holy crap, thank you. :slight_smile:

> Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.

I love the CEA one. Its more sleek and fitting for the futuristic setting if you ask me…

Good work!

I liked the Halo 3 assault rifle myself.

That’s the MA37, the Halo Reach Assault Rifle.

> > Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.
>
> I love the CEA one. Its more sleek and fitting for the futuristic setting if you ask me…

Sleek? It looks comparatively fat, bubbly and plastic.

CE Assault Rifle
Reach Assault Rifle

> > > Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.
> >
> > I love the CEA one. Its more sleek and fitting for the futuristic setting if you ask me…
>
> Sleek? It looks comparatively fat, bubbly and plastic.
>
> CE Assault Rifle
> Reach Assault Rifle

The CEA aussault rifle model in from Halo3…

> > > Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.
> >
> > I love the CEA one. Its more sleek and fitting for the futuristic setting if you ask me…
>
> Sleek? It looks comparatively fat, bubbly and plastic.
>
> CE Assault Rifle
> Reach Assault Rifle

He said CEA, not CE. The CE Assault Rifle is fat and blubby (and it looks plastic because of CE’s graphics). The CEA Assault Rifle looks much better as it’s based off of the Halo 3 one.

CE Assault Rifle
CEA Assault Rifle
Halo Reach Assault Rifle

I do sort of like the look of the Reach one, but it doesn’t look as sleek and futureistic as it could. The Ammo Counter sticks up too much, the Magazine is all lumpy, the flash light looks too “tubey” and the barrel just looks wierd. Overall though, it does look pretty good and it fits in with the rest of Halo Reach.

If there’s UNSC forces in Halo 4 (which there probably will be looking at the concept art trailer) then we’ll be fighting along side Marines, who use the MA5, which’ll probably be a newer version of what we see in Halo 3, rather than a new version of Reach’s Assault Rifle which is used by Army forces.

That was the Halo Reach assault rifle…

/Facepalm

> I whis someone could photoshop the ipad so we all can see it better

Looked like it was the Chief opening the cryo tube in the trailer.

Could that possibly be the new br/dmr watev you want to call it, your main weapon in that picture with the guy holding a gun next to chief? It looks nice.

And those 2 lumps on the back of cheif’s armor, are those his thrusters that will stay with him forever?

> > > > Personally I hope they keep the Reach model largely unchanged, that’s the first weapon design to have actively impressed me since the Energy Sword.
> > >
> > > I love the CEA one. Its more sleek and fitting for the futuristic setting if you ask me…
> >
> > Sleek? It looks comparatively fat, bubbly and plastic.
> >
> > CE Assault Rifle
> > Reach Assault Rifle
>
> He said CEA, not CE. The CE Assault Rifle is fat and blubby (and it looks plastic because of CE’s graphics). The CEA Assault Rifle looks much better as it’s based off of the Halo 3 one.
>
> CE Assault Rifle
> CEA Assault Rifle
> Halo Reach Assault Rifle
>
> I do sort of like the look of the Reach one, but it doesn’t look as sleek and futureistic as it could. The Ammo Counter sticks up too much, the Magazine is all lumpy, the flash light looks too “tubey” and the barrel just looks wierd. Overall though, it does look pretty good and it fits in with the rest of Halo Reach.
>
> If there’s UNSC forces in Halo 4 (which there probably will be looking at the concept art trailer) then we’ll be fighting along side Marines, who use the MA5, which’ll probably be a newer version of what we see in Halo 3, rather than a new version of Reach’s Assault Rifle which is used by Army forces.

Every game except Reach has simply had the same Assault Rifle design running on a different graphics engine. The textures and lighting get better, but the actual structure is unchanged.

I’d like the Halo 4 Assault Rifle to be new - Reach definitely had a different, and incompatible, mood - but based off the Reach model, which is the first one I didn’t think was poorly designed.

I loved the Halo CE (&CEA) Assault Rifle. Huge, powerful, 60 rounds…beast.

While I love the Reach assault Rifle, I still like the classic one. I would like it if there was a “fusion” between the two. The Reach variant is for the Army, John is in the Navy.

Nice find. Great job! This is very interesting.

So I’m guessing you guys didn’t bother looking at the pictures on their site. You just watched the video…

> Nice find. Great job! This is very interesting.