Possible crossover with Destiny?

For those active in the Destiny side of things, this may not be much of a surprise, but I feel this should get some exposure.
Recently, there’s been talks. There was a leak a few times back about the future of Destiny 2. This was shared from a Discord server that confirmed most of this info (Destiny 2 Sanctuary). This leak traces back all the way before Season of the Chosen was launched (so about 3+ months ago), and I myself can confirm some of those points did happen.

Obviously, the important thing is Bungie’s interest in the Halo CE Magnum, as part of a celebratory pack of the studio’s 30th anniversary.
There’s also the line “MANY exotic quests, weapons, armors celebrating Bungie, so Marathon & Halo tie-ins”.
While the CE Magnum would be the only weapon plausible of receiving an exotic quest and treatment, it’s not crazy to think other Halo weapons created during Bungie’s reign could be under consideration (as legendaries). As for armors, this could mean the addition of armors seen in Halo 3 and Halo Reach into Destiny 2 (alongside Marathon designs, possibly).

While this may seem very far-fetched and not at all possible (given that it’s part of a leak), another piece of evidence that gives this credibility is the recent Bungie blog, which contains 2 Halo references:
“I need a weapon…” | “Don’t make a promise…”
Normally, I would say they’re making a reference for fun, but after this leak (which, again, is filled with points that became true), I begin to think there’s something going on behind the scenes.

Of course, not all of this came true, namely the “guardian games unchanged for the most part, but potentially class specific crucible days” bit. But the false info was few and far between all these. Even some points that are still to happen were confirmed to be actual changes coming to Destiny 2, tho of course, they can be taken with a grain of salt.

Now onto the other matter: there has been, to my knowledge, no word on 343’s part on this topic. Nothing about crossing Destiny content into Halo, or being in talks with Bungie… Obviously, Bungie can’t simply add Halo content as they don’t own the rights to Halo anymore.

What do you think? Would you mind having Destiny content in Halo (Infinite and maybe other spinoffs)?

EDIT: I’ve seen people talking about an actual crossover, as in, a game between the two franchises. Let me make it clear that is not the idea of this topic This post was made to give awareness to a leak (which could or not be true) and discuss the possibility of exchanging content from one game to another. I believe a game crossover would be mostly just Destiny with elements of Halo, in which case, it wouldn’t deviate much from what Destiny is.

UPDATE: As Gamescom gets further behind us, it’s been revealed that the Halo mentions in Destiny range between an Arbiter-inspired armor for the Warlocks (with a Halo ring for the bond), Needler shards in a Titan’s shoulder, and a helmet following Master Chief’s color scheme (not design, just colors).

I’m going to be honest: I have zero interest in Destiny or it’s sequel. Destiny was only a placeholder to me, a game to be played until Halo: The Master Chief Collection came out. Never played it since. I played Destiny 2 for the better part of an hour, maybe two, with friends but since then none of us have bothered playing it again. You will never see or hear me object to new content being added to Halo so I am all for Destiny content, but no matter what it was, it would never convince me, or even tempt me, to play those games again.

I doubt a crossover will happen. ;-;

> 2533274809226598;2:
> I’m going to be honest: I have zero interest in Destiny or it’s sequel. Destiny was only a placeholder to me, a game to be played until Halo: The Master Chief Collection came out. Never played it since. I played Destiny 2 for the better part of an hour, maybe two, with friends but since then none of us have bothered playing it again. You will never see or hear me object to new content being added to Halo so I am all for Destiny content, but no matter what it was, it would never convince me, or even tempt me, to play those games again.

Hey, that’s fine. Destiny isn’t for everyone. I was surprised it’s actually kind of my thing. But I would understand why you wouldn’t stick with it.

Never played destiny, but i doubt destiny and halo fans would have interest in this type of thing.
I don’t these 2 game worlds can bend together in my opinion.

> 2535419490314654;5:
> Never played destiny, but i doubt destiny and halo fans would have interest in this type of thing.
> I don’t these 2 game worlds can bend together in my opinion.

It wouldn’t be a game focused on merging Halo and Destiny, per say. It’s more likely to end up just being Destiny with some Halo stuff. What I mean is the possibility of crossing stuff over into each other’s games. As in the OC, Bungie is probably interested in adding in the CE Magnum into Destiny 2. If 343 could take something away from this, is some exotics (rarest type of gear, with unique perks).
Imagine if we could get to wear an actual Spartan-like helmet, ala Helm of Saint-14 | Character that uses it (it’s the helmet I use in D2)
Or use such a beautiful weapon like the Gjallarhorn to blow up absolutely anything the Banished throws at us?
"If there is beauty in destruction, why not also in its delivery?"

I would never trade my Mark VI for Saint-14’s, but the option would be there (plus, it’s belongs to a character with such good lore!). For weapons, it would be tough without making Destiny’s weapons outright overpowered compared to Halo’s arsenal. But exotic armor has all the potential there.

Crossover with Destiny is unlikely. At most I’d expect D2 exotic quests with a weapon themed around something from Halo, but not straight ripped. Maybe a loose aesthetic similarity, or flavor text from Halo. I think it’s even less likely to see Destiny items in Halo. I think Bungie will only have loose allusions to Halo with this event.

Sounds like Bungie are just celebrating their anniversary. As cool as a crossover would be, I’m skeptical that it would actually happen.

Chimera30 Sir Cool One
I agree with both of you. In the end, I’m not truly confident this will come true, but there’s just so much coincidence all born from this particular leak.
And yes, seeing Destiny weapons in Halo is unlikely (especially exotics given their OP nature), but cosmetics could make an appearance, such as the Helm of Saint-14 (innacurate colors) or Felwinter’s Helm. I still wouldn’t expect anything or too much.

> 2533274817408735;7:
> Crossover with Destiny is unlikely. At most I’d expect D2 exotic quests with a weapon themed around something from Halo, but not straight ripped. Maybe a loose aesthetic similarity, or flavor text from Halo. I think it’s even less likely to see Destiny items in Halo. I think Bungie will only have loose allusions to Halo with this event.

Yeah ;-;

Definitely not

I can’t see it

God no, they’re completly different games and Bungie dusted thier hands of Halo when they contractually severed from Microsoft after Reach.

Plust Activision bungled the development of Destiny because they didn’t care about the lore that was being developed for the game.

I give Bungie props for releasing a game like destiny, but yeah, I gave it a shot bc it was bungie and as halo fans we loved bungie and wanted to show our support. But I don’t think the two games should intermingle. That being said, now that halo is on PC maybe some mods will appear with some of the graphics and weapons of each franchise in the other. But just for fun, nothing official.

Unlikely considering the track-record of the two respective companies.

> 2533274843589204;14:
> I give Bungie props for releasing a game like destiny, but yeah, I gave it a shot bc it was bungie and as halo fans we loved bungie and wanted to show our support. But I don’t think the two games should intermingle. That being said, now that halo is on PC maybe some mods will appear with some of the graphics and weapons of each franchise in the other. But just for fun, nothing official.

Funny enough, I’ve already seen things like that. Someone once ported the Pyramid model into Halo Reach and made a meme about it.
Regardless, I do respect your opinion. It’s just that I’d be pretty cool to use the M6D Magnum during a Deep Stone Crypt raid, or a Gravity Hammer to launch those pesky Wyverns to their doom… It’d be hard to mod this stuff into a game like Destiny, considering the troublesome engine.

> 2535421974468616;15:
> Unlikely considering the track-record of the two respective companies.

What’s that got to do with this?

highly unlikely they would merge

I swear the “Heatwave” from Halo Infinite is just a hybrid of the Hard Light and Cold Denial. Look em up.

a crossover event would be cool

I have zero interest in Destiny or D2. I played through the story of both and all that was left was grindfests everywhere and pvp that is way too much ability spam for my liking. I’ve heard the dlc raids are good but that’s not enough to get me back into it when you need to grind for the ability to even play the dlc content. No thanks.