Possible corrections for the Reach re-release

When Reach gets re-released (which it should), they should make it fit established canon instead of stomping it.

What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?

Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:

http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/

> What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?
>
> Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:
>
> http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/

Because 343 knows the community.

As much as I would love to have that timeline official, it’s not.

Honestly that would be a massive waste of money, why not just make a newer, better game? There’s no reason to dump money into the exact same experience when they could craft a new one. It could be like the Star Wars prequels, we’ll just pretend it didn’t happen.

> > What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?
> >
> > Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:
> >
> > http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/
>
> Because 343 knows the community.
>
> As much as I would love to have that timeline official, it’s not.

Look around, buddy. You’ve got people here saying The Fall of Reach needs to be changed to fit the game. While that makes me want to go for the torches and pitchforks, their voices still count for something.

> > What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?
> >
> > Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:
> >
> > http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/
>
> Because 343 knows the community.
>
> As much as I would love to have that timeline official, it’s not.

You do realize that Reach fits almost perfectly into established canon right? Also, I imagine that Bungie would know just as much (if not more) than 343i about canon since they did create all of the Halo games (save Halo Wars).

> > > What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?
> > >
> > > Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:
> > >
> > > http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/
> >
> > Because 343 knows the community.
> >
> > As much as I would love to have that timeline official, it’s not.
>
> You do realize that Reach fits almost perfectly into established canon right? Also, I imagine that Bungie would know just as much (if not more) than 343i about canon since they did create all of the Halo games (save Halo Wars).

It does fit, it’s just that most people can’t get it through their skulls that the dates in the novel aren’t correct anymore. It doesn’t help that 343 isn’t doing anything to fix this. All that happened was that the battle was stretched out and now makes sense with the current canon. TFoR makes little sense now that we know the Covenant aren’t as strong as we previously believed. Extending the battle also allows the human element to take place, there are plenty of people who don’t like the UNSC and they wouldn’t all just hand over all their data.

> > > > What in blue blazes makes you think this game is going to get re-released?
> > > >
> > > > Anyway, if you want a feasible plot line, look at this:
> > > >
> > > > http://www.haloreachisnotcanon.net/archilen/
> > >
> > > Because 343 knows the community.
> > >
> > > As much as I would love to have that timeline official, it’s not.
> >
> > You do realize that Reach fits almost perfectly into established canon right? Also, I imagine that Bungie would know just as much (if not more) than 343i about canon since they did create all of the Halo games (save Halo Wars).
>
> It does fit, it’s just that most people can’t get it through their skulls that the dates in the novel aren’t correct anymore. It doesn’t help that 343 isn’t doing anything to fix this. All that happened was that the battle was stretched out and now makes sense with the current canon. TFoR makes little sense now that we know the Covenant aren’t as strong as we previously believed. Extending the battle also allows the human element to take place, there are plenty of people who don’t like the UNSC and they wouldn’t all just hand over all their data.

After Star Wars ret-conning on this scale should be completely unacceptable. Even with the dates changed other things are wrong, such as the Pillar of Autumn not being rated to fly in atmosphere. It’s not just about it’s inability to fly, it’s about the weight of the ship causing it to collapse on itself in gravity.

> It does fit, it’s just that most people can’t get it through their skulls that the dates in the novel aren’t correct anymore.

TRANSLATION: It fits perfectly into the canon except for the canon it retconned.

> After Star Wars ret-conning on this scale should be completely unacceptable. Even with the dates changed other things are wrong, such as the Pillar of Autumn not being rated to fly in atmosphere. It’s not just about it’s inability to fly, it’s about the weight of the ship causing it to collapse on itself in gravity.

A Halcyon class cruiser won’t collapse on itself in gravity. The thing has a honeycomb frame. It did, after all, crash-land on Halo.

> > After Star Wars ret-conning on this scale should be completely unacceptable. Even with the dates changed other things are wrong, such as the Pillar of Autumn not being rated to fly in atmosphere. It’s not just about it’s inability to fly, it’s about the weight of the ship causing it to collapse on itself in gravity.
>
> A Halcyon class cruiser won’t collapse on itself in gravity. The thing has a honeycomb frame. It did, after all, crash-land on Halo.

True, but Reach has a greater gravity than Halo. I doubt know for certain that it’s true but it sounded smart at the time, lol. It’s certainly not rated for atmosphere, and the whole Cortana/PoA on Reach thing is a huge screw up. At the time that the PoA is on Reach in the game, it’s on it’s way to Halo.

> True, but Reach has a greater gravity than Halo. I doubt know for certain that it’s true but it sounded smart at the time, lol. It’s certainly not rated for atmosphere, and the whole Cortana/PoA on Reach thing is a huge screw up. At the time that the PoA is on Reach in the game, it’s on it’s way to Halo.

Remember in First Strike when Cortana made a fragment copy of herself? The same thing happened here. They’re trying to say that Cortana did something similar. Her fragment was helping Dr. Halsey while the real Cortana was with the Master Chief as he tested the finalized Mark V armor.

Regarding the Pillar of Autumn, the case could be made that Dr. Halsey somehow contacted Keyes and convinced him to come back for the Cortana fragment citing invaluable information as the reason for the return.

My issues aren’t so much with the Pillar of Autumn leaving (for the second time) when it did, but rather with the bulk of the Covenant fleet showing up seven days in advance.

As for atmospheric flight, this can easily be fixed by keeping the underside booster engines on for longer.

It comes back to the Pillar though, at the time that the Pillar is sitting there waiting for Emile to die, Cortana has already put in the Halo coordinates and they’re on their merry way.

That segment of the game has so many things wrong with it. Pillar in atmosphere, Pillar in the wrong place at the wrong time, Cortana in the wrong place. Also if I remember correctly at the date that the mission takes place, John is supposed to be doing his rigged field test.

See my previous post.

Really? The PoA having atmospheric capabilities is a big yoink!-up when in Halo2 we had the In Amber Clad with all of its glorious atmospheric designs (sarcasm) following Regret from Earth (.08 less gravity than Reach)? And in Halo3, we see that the remains of HomeFleet have been hiding in Earths atmosphere as well, but that doesn’t ring a bell… At least the PoA having boosters to assist its take-off made more sense than Halo2 or 3’s scenes.

(ps, none of the 3 mentioned scenes makes sense in real-life, but in the Haloverse, it does.)

Add-on; the PoA is a ship designed to withstand great pressures via its told honeycomb constuction. A rarity amongst exo-vessels I’m sure. What is weird is how CE the made it seem like that is not the case… blast those videogame to novel discrepancies. Blast you to yoink!

No, they had the honeycomb shape in the game. It’s those random braces that go from floor to ceiling in certain corridors.

> No, they had the honeycomb shape in the game. It’s those random braces that go from floor to ceiling in certain corridors.

This is correct, you can see them many times in the game. You also see them in different levels, the difference is that on the PoA that’s the entire structure of the ship, whereas in other ships that design may be a doorway or brace in a hallway.

> When Reach gets re-released (which it should), they should make it fit established canon instead of stomping it.

Neither 343i or Bungie will ever re-release Reach. Like it or not, the story is here to stay. 343i thinks the same as Bungie, as evidenced by their videos on here. They regard both TFoR and Reach as canon, and talk about the, in conjunction with each other, which indicates to me that they regard the matter the same way as Bungie does.

> Really? The PoA having atmospheric capabilities is a big yoink!-up when in Halo2 we had the In Amber Clad with all of its glorious atmospheric designs (sarcasm) following Regret from Earth (.08 less gravity than Reach)? And in Halo3, we see that the remains of HomeFleet have been hiding in Earths atmosphere as well, but that doesn’t ring a bell… At least the PoA having boosters to assist its take-off made more sense than Halo2 or 3’s scenes.
>
> (ps, none of the 3 mentioned scenes makes sense in real-life, but in the Haloverse, it does.)
>
> Add-on; the PoA is a ship designed to withstand great pressures via its told honeycomb constuction. A rarity amongst exo-vessels I’m sure. What is weird is how CE the made it seem like that is not the case… blast those videogame to novel discrepancies. Blast you to yoink!

You do know that the Pillar of Autumn is about 692 meters longer, 201 meters wider and 302 meters taller than the In Amber Clad right? You’re comparing a massive UNSC Cruiser with a much smaller UNSC Frigate. The Frigates being smaller are capable of landing and taking off without the use of boosters because their engines don’t have as much mass to move or sustain in place. They have the ability to manipulate the fabric of space in order to propel themselves to other planets, I’m sure they are more than capable of resisting Gravity.

Keyes said he was going to LAND the Autumn on Halo, not CRASH it which means the ship had to have the ability to Land. That of course combined with the fact she was still intact when the Chief made his way there. Had the Autumn crashed she would have been in a billion pieces. She probably couldn’t take back off however as she requires boosters to assist in lift due to her mass.

I went fishing through samples of the 2010 First Strike print. I quickly found one example where the text was explicitly changed to support the game. This leads me to believe that The Fall of Reach (due out next month) will contain supporting changes, unlike the 2010 print. This new 2011 TFoR print is also marked as a first edition, instead of a simple revision. This tells me that they’re changing a lot.

EDIT: In other words, don’t count on Reach being re-released.