Possible Connection Between the Planet and a Halo Ring?

Examine.

Now look at the Ring behind the letter H.

What do you think?

Interesting find, at this point I don’t really know what could happen in Halo 4. I’m just gonna wait until we hear some announcements at Halofest.

One looks like it is going to eat you the other one doesn’t…

Pretty similar. Forerunner’s built both I’d say! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for Halofest to find out a little more. I love waiting for a new Halo game, and hate it at the same time. :confused:

> Pretty similar. Forerunner’s built both I’d say! :slight_smile:
>
> I can’t wait for Halofest to find out a little more. I love waiting for a new Halo game, and hate it at the same time. :confused:

It’s like waiting for Christmas, times a thousand.

> halo 3
>
> halo 4

I think this is more similar.

Somethings you can loose only once, some other things keep coming back. Trying to fall asleep Christmas Eve, watching the intersection lights as if they were drag racing light-trees… and waiting for that next glimpse of Halo.

As for a connection, that one is a shield and the other a sword is at most they would be IMO. When it comes to sharing architecture, the Forerunners built a lot of look a like things. Scale usually changed but appearance rarely. Once you’ve seen 1 Monitor, you’ve seen them all. As far as conversing with 1 Monitor… each 1 is a snowflake waiting for that right moment to go off because it’s been about 100,000 years since they’ve all had a chance to be terminated to prevent rampancy.

> > halo 3
> >
> > halo 4
>
> I think this is more similar.

Okay, I think we established that the planet we see in the Halo 4 teaser was made by forerunners or made by using forerunner technology.

No goobot.

> Okay, I think we established that the planet we see in the Halo 4 teaser was made by forerunners or made by using forerunner technology.

Assumption, I’m believing it is not and that it’s possibly an older force, the precursors. Some interview said something about an ancient enemy, precursors and forerunners, and the flood are all considered ancient enemies. Halo Legends and Halo Cryptum both touched on the precursors in the haloverse.

> > Okay, I think we established that the planet we see in the Halo 4 teaser was made by forerunners or made by using forerunner technology.
>
> Assumption, I’m believing it is not and that it’s possibly an older force, the precursors. Some interview said something about an ancient enemy, precursors and forerunners, and the flood are all considered ancient enemies. Halo Legends and Halo Cryptum both touched on the precursors in the haloverse.

I don’t think forerunners are enemies. they fought with flood and also saved human and other species. what’s the reason for them to fight with us?

> One looks like it is going to eat you the other one doesn’t…

The other one is closed. Maybe they open at special times.

My first thought was that it was a recycled forerunner design. I also considered it to be possibly one of those easter eggs in the trailer that Frankie mentioned, but you can never tell.

shield world possibly? the forerunners made alot of em.

> > Okay, I think we established that the planet we see in the Halo 4 teaser was made by forerunners or made by using forerunner technology.
>
> Assumption, I’m believing it is not and that it’s possibly an older force, the precursors. Some interview said something about an ancient enemy, precursors and forerunners, and the flood are all considered ancient enemies. Halo Legends and Halo Cryptum both touched on the precursors in the haloverse.

you referanced cryptum but i don’t think you read it, since we get a clear description of precursor tech.
the planet isn’t precursor nor would sending MC to a precursor planet be sending him to MC creators.

Properly read cryptum and read the terminals.

> > Pretty similar. Forerunner’s built both I’d say! :slight_smile:
> >
> > I can’t wait for Halofest to find out a little more. I love waiting for a new Halo game, and hate it at the same time. :confused:
>
> It’s like waiting for Christmas, times a thousand.

It’s undeniably Forerunner. But I doubt we are seeing a massive leap out of any pre-established plot at this point. My best bet?

The Planet itself is a Shield World, as we’ve seen before through Ghosts of Onyx and Halo Wars, as well as relating directly to the Halo Array, the surface of each Shield World is probably very different, in this case, no terra-forming was done at all.

Now one theory I’ve been passing around is related to Eric Nylund writing the plot of Halo 4. If, in fact, he is. I think we will see a direct continuation of Ghosts of Onyx, where, despite the Legendary Planet NOT being Onyx, Master Chief will discover a slipspace rift similar to, and directly connected to, the one found on Onyx, which will re-unite him with his former squad-mates Kelly, James, and Linda (The Coop Characters in the game?) After re-discovering his former squad along with the Spartan 3’s, Halsey, and Mendez, they will likely leave through the rift, and somehow come across transport (Forerunner Ship? Slipspace Teleporter?) to a place where they must defeat possible enemies such as remaining Covenant Loyalists, Covenant Separatists NOT following the will of the Arbiter, The Flood, and/or Sentinels. This may also include the discovery of a new Halo ring, or perhaps a return to Delta Halo.

Just an elaborate, but VERY believable plot theory.

> you referanced cryptum but i don’t think you read it, since we get a clear description of precursor tech.
> the planet isn’t precursor nor would sending MC to a precursor planet be sending him to MC creators.
>
> Properly read cryptum and read the terminals.

There’s nothing in either Cryptum or the terminals that would disallow my conclusion. It’s still an assumption that the sphere in the halo 4 trailer is forerunner and not possibly something older like a percursor artifact.

> No goobot.

You just are in denial.

As I understand it, there are still a few number of Halo rings left in existence. I hope we get to explore them in the new trilogy.

> As I understand it, there are still a few number of Halo rings left in existence. I hope we get to explore them in the new trilogy.

There are seven in all, and so far we have visited 2. Halo and delta Halo. We have also visited the Ark which is like Halo sort of, except the Ark has the power to fire all of the Halo rings at once, which would destroy all sentient life in the known universe.