Possible co-op systems

Hey, something campaign related for once, praise the Forerunners!

With the stage being set for a more detailed emphasis on co-op play by introducing Blue Team and Locke’s squad, what kind of co-op mechanics would you like to see?

I am personally thinking of a Left 4 Dead system where human players can tag in and replace AI control when they join a session in progress.

OMG! The forerunners are always at war with us! WHY OH WHY would praise them!? Learn your halo lore!!!
lol totally kidding btw!

I really liked the left for dead tag in also. It would be reasonable to expect something similar in h5. I’m hoping that we get to work as teams throughout the missions as is indicated so far. Seems crazy to have 4 of Spartan Locke or Chief on the screen at the same time. Glad there not going that route!

This isn’t exactly co-op but squad commands would be nice.

I also hope each character has a specialized role, that it isn’t just four Chiefs or four Lockes with different skins. So Linda should always start with a sniper rifle and maybe have some sort of bullet time ability (although IDK how that would work w/ other players). Kelly should have unlimited and faster sprint than everyone else. Fred should do sweet -Yoink- with shotguns and knives. Etc.

> 2533274800197828;3:
> This isn’t exactly co-op but squad commands would be nice.
>
> I also hope each character has a specialized role, that it isn’t just four Chiefs or four Lockes with different skins. So Linda should always start with a sniper rifle and maybe have some sort of bullet time ability (although IDK how that would work w/ other players). Kelly should have unlimited and faster sprint than everyone else. Fred should do sweet -Yoink- with shotguns and knives. Etc.

Problem is people are going to kill each other over who gets to be which character if differing loadouts were the case. I am sure everyone wants to spawn with the sniper unless they suck butts with it.

> Problem is people are going to kill each other over who gets to be which character if differing loadouts were the case. I am sure everyone wants to spawn with the sniper unless they suck butts with it.

Huh? This would imply: (1) that there’s matchmaking for co-op, which seems unlikely; and (2) that they should stunt the gameplay experience of traditional co-op for fear of random griefers. That sounds pretty silly to me.

A far better solution would be to turn off friendly fire for match made co-op (if it even exists) and then let you and three friends play private co-op traditionally.

> 2533274800197828;5:
> > Problem is people are going to kill each other over who gets to be which character if differing loadouts were the case. I am sure everyone wants to spawn with the sniper unless they suck butts with it.
>
>
> Huh? This would imply: (1) that there’s matchmaking for co-op, which seems unlikely; and (2) that they should stunt the gameplay experience of traditional co-op for fear of random griefers. That sounds pretty silly to me.
>
> A far better solution would be to turn off friendly fire for match made co-op (if it even exists) and then let you and three friends play private co-op traditionally.

1. One can hope. It happened for Reach.

2. I was thinking more on a real life friendship-ruining basis when playing with friends, which I admit may sound a bit extreme. You’ll have to forgive me for being dramatic.

Friendly fire tuned off I dunno though.