Possible Boss Levels

Ok I know Halo doesn’t do boss levels often but they could be very fun. I would have really liked a boss battle with Gravemind at the last bit of the Covenant. I feel Bungie missed an opportunity there. I think Halo 4 should have a boss level. Like with the new Gravemind. Imagine trying to kill all the Flood around you but with Gravemind tyry ing to hit you with his tentacles, I think it would give a great replayable aspect for the campaign of the game.

> Ok I know Halo doesn’t do boss levels often but they could be very fun. I would have really liked a boss battle with Gravemind at the last bit of the Covenant. I feel Bungie missed an opportunity there. I think Halo 4 should have a boss level. Like with the new Gravemind. Imagine trying to kill all the Flood around you but with Gravemind tyry ing to hit you with his tentacles, I think it would give a great replayable aspect for the campaign of the game.

I don’t know about a BOSS LEVEL, but I’d love to fight a few bosses at one point in Halo 4. Halo 2 had it right. (Although Tartarus on Legendary was a B.I.T.C.H)

> Ok I know Halo doesn’t do boss levels often but they could be very fun. I would have really liked a boss battle with Gravemind at the last bit of the Covenant. I feel Bungie missed an opportunity there.

Me, too. My co-op partners were gearing up for a fight, but the tentacles went away and we were sad. =(

> Halo 2 had it right. (Although Tartarus on Legendary was a B.I.T.C.H)

Halo 2’s best boss was probably the Heretic Leader, Tartarus I felt could’ve been done a bit better.

Overall, I agree, though. After playing some Metroid Prime and Resident Evil, I think adding some bosses that feel organic to the story and gameplay would be great.

This could be a good idea but I cringe at the thought of something were you have to dodge an enemies attacks until a glowy red light appears or the boss opens up for an attack. As long as they keep these battles in tone with the rest of the gameplay. I would be cool to have finale battles like in L4D were its lock and load and hold out until the counter reaches zero. Id just hate the thought of some kind of cut and paste boss fight like they had in Batman AA (Joker and Ivy were horrible).

If the bosses come back they need to be done in a way that’s feasible to beat without dying.

Lets face it, Regret was a no-no.

Bosses are okay as long as they can be harmed by standard combat (i.e. heretic leader, Tartarus). Inaccessible bosses or bosses that require a certain thing to defeat them (i.e. boarding Regret, lasering Guilty Spark) are just boring; there should be more than one approach when dealing with bosses. Regret had some glitches that allowed him to be killed without boarding or something like that but Spark was just horrendous.

I tried all sorts of ways to glitch/bypass the battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMeFl3B7dM

And they all failed. I recently found that the Needler can supercombine on Spark, although it has no effect on him. And Halo wiki wasn’t lying when they said that Spark’s vulnerability to the rocket launcher and fuel rod gun was patched: I gave myself a near infinite ammo rocket launcher and I must have fired at least 30 rockets on him. What a great way to ruin the battle. Limiting everything. It’s worse than damage sponges.

There’s only one thing that made by Bungie that disappointed me: the last level of Halo 3. It was abominable and hardly thrilling.

I did, as seen in the video, come real close to bypassing it prematurely. But the auto turret is not suitable for equipment jumping and it took me multiple tries just to achieve that.

Ya am for boss sections like the Engine Room or last section when getting the Banshees on Final Run during the Two Betrayals. I still love how the cloaked Elites will come to you if you hang back and snipe. There are so many targets and they’re all so deadly on Legendary. And the Engine Room!! If you don’t co-op glitch the encounters, -Yoink- ya that it is intense having to use every weapon and grenade you have to clean the Flood before they clean you.

I don’t like how Halo2 did their boss fights. Non-headshot registering enemies and a Prophet that can take a punch from a Spartan isn’t that tolerable for me in Halo’s gameplay.

Halo3 had some decent encounters overall, I do admit, but the streamlined and corridor approach up until the Ark was disappointing. And it never really opened up, it just gave some slightly more open oppourtunities.
The Scarabs were too easy on Legendary. Just sorta dancing there and taking it while not dishing complete hell doesn’t do them well. More fortress like creates that have heavier internal defenses to deal with before destroying the weakspot might do the trick to up the Scarab like encounters from mini-boss to boss. Honestly, with a tank or Hornet (especially a Hornet with a Laser and Fuel Rod on the wings) the vehicles quickly down the Scarabs and all that look at me so easily that I have to do really stupid stuff to make it feel like the enemy isn’t my -Yoink-. The skulls, at least as they exist, they don’t increase their challenge appropriately, if at all.

> The Scarabs were too easy on Legendary.
>
> The skulls, at least as they exist, they don’t increase their challenge appropriately, if at all.

True, they were.

Oh yes they do. It’s already agonizing that it is difficult to board a Scarab on foot (since they have tendency to back up when you’re about to jump on them), that their recovery time from leg damage is more faster, and that their AA gun is super deadly and annoying. Now throw in skulls and that limits your options greatly: you can only defeat the Scarab by boarding or by shooting at it’s back while it’s distracted (which is uncommon).

Which is why I’m glad glitches like this exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpxXi3RUf4#t=3m4s

Completely immobilized. Now that’s easy. But when they’re moving, hell boils up in my overheating fingers as all my attempts are thwarted. Hornets made it too easy. No Hornets and it’s real frustrating.

> > The Scarabs were too easy on Legendary.
> >
> > The skulls, at least as they exist, they don’t increase their challenge appropriately, if at all.
>
> True, they were.
>
> Oh yes they do. It’s already agonizing that it is difficult to board a Scarab on foot (since they have tendency to back up when you’re about to jump on them), that their recovery time from leg damage is more faster, and that their AA gun is super deadly and annoying. Now throw in skulls and that limits your options greatly: you can only defeat the Scarab by boarding or by shooting at it’s back while it’s distracted (which is uncommon).
>
> Which is why I’m glad glitches like this exist:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpxXi3RUf4#t=3m4s
>

> Completely immobilized. Now that’s easy. But when they’re moving, hell boils up in my overheating fingers as all my attempts are thwarted. Hornets made it too easy. No Hornets and it’s real frustrating.

Love the video. But honestly, because the Scarab doesn’t hunt my down in the Scorpion, I drive circles around it and blow it the hell up. True, put some skulls on and driving circles isn’t the best of ideas, so hanging back because I can easily snipes 1 down. At least in my experience.

On co-op, it is fun to have your fellow co-op partner ride gunner in the gauss-'Hog. That presents a chooseable challenge of fun times during the Covenant. But choosing the Scorpion or Hornet means the AI doesn’t stand a chance. At least not without greater hunting skills added to the AI.

> Love the video.
>
> But honestly, because the Scarab doesn’t hunt my down in the Scorpion, I drive circles around it and blow it the hell up. True, put some skulls on and driving circles isn’t the best of ideas, so hanging back because I can easily snipes 1 down. At least in my experience.
>
>
>
> On co-op, it is fun to have your fellow co-op partner ride gunner in the gauss-'Hog. That presents a chooseable challenge of fun times during the Covenant.
>
> But choosing the Scorpion or Hornet means the AI doesn’t stand a chance. At least not without greater hunting skills added to the AI.

There’s more where that came from.

You make a good point there. I know that Scarab’s can walk real fast. They should be faster than the Halo 3 Scorpion tank, which is slower than it’s predecessors.

Co-op does add more options to gameplay, making it invaluable.

But the Scorpion is mostly crap because of it’s slow rof and autoaim. It’s the Hornet that makes the battles less frustrating. Scorpions can’t beat everything, like the marines claim. Now AA Wraiths on the other hand. They can beat Scarabs. Same thing with Pelicans (certain H2 pelicans on metropolis had missiles, Carter crashed a pelican into a scarab).

Reach’s big problem was no Scarab Battles for me

Boss levels in halo 4…no this inst a arcade game it is halo. tarterus was a epic battle monment with a big scary brute with a hammer. I loved it but it wasnt a boss level to me boss level are 1v1 battles but in halo 2 there were many thinks going on which didnt make it a boss level. Just think about any game with a boss level and think about halo. please no boss levels.

I dont think Halo 4 needs boss battles, just difficult parts that require you to do something and survive. Like the engine room on The Maw in Halo CE. Thats a great example, battling against multiple enemies and trying to survive and overload the engines. This is what I want to see more of rather than boss battles like Tartarus, Regret, Spark and Heretic Leader. If they do make sections of a mission like the engine room then by all means throw in some tougher than normal enemies to keep the pressure up but dont make another Tartarus encounter. That just seemed so boring and dull.

I’m sorry but i don’t want boss fights.
in fact they get to me in other games.
i love that in halo, and real life, if you shoot enough rockets at something it will die. Regardless if you hit it in its exposed brain or not.

P.s i’ve never shot a rocket in real life. although i did shoot a potato cannon once. good time lol

Levels, no. Not really.

But fights like Tartarus, the Heretic leader, Regret, 343 Guilty Spark, etc. could work.

I just want to destroy Scarabs…