Possible beta release date (Pure speculation)

I hate pointless threads as much as the next person but due to my thirst for halo 4 info I am doomed to lurk the halo 4, halo universe and bungie universe forums to no end in search for any compelling theories or possible info. That being said, I see nothing of interest today and wish to fill my time with a new thread that very likely could have already made an appearance here on waypoint. If that is the case, shoot me a link and kindly disregard. And as a side note please know that I’m trying to give a perspective of optimism in an extremely negative and usually complaint driven forum.

I think it’s safe to say that given the popularity of the halo 3 and halo reach beta it’s pretty safe to assume that 343 will follow suit with a halo 4 beta. Well it’s been confirmed that the release of the first game in the new reclaimer trilogy will be here this fall. I know it doesn’t seem like it but thats pretty close. If I had to guess, I’d assume they are planning on a november release. This got me thinking that the beta could be just around the corner. I figured that for a beta to be useful to 343 it would need to be released a good amount of time before the game so they could process the data and use it effectively. With a small amount of research I noticed that bungie decided 4 months prior to the full game releases was an appropriate time to let loose the halo 3 and reach betas. Both games were released in September following a may beta. Assuming 343 will follow the same formula, that puts the H4 beta release no later than June if its being released in november.
I’m sure to some that seems like an eternity but all signs (and Frankie) are pointing to a good amount of info in the not so distant future to quench our grunty thirsts. Hopefully by march we’ll be receiving a steady flow of info leading up to what I’m sure will be a badass beta.

Rest assured that 343’s answer is at hand and it is no accident that they have allowed the books to drip feed us just the right info to leave us nothing more than hopes and assumptions, all of which, (for me at least) point to an unfathomably epic game.

Sleep while you can folks, brooding about the lack of info thus far will only prolong the journey.

I hope they comeout with a beta. Cause not only will it let use see what’s up but mabe we can fix stuff we don’t like. I’d hate for the return of master chief to be a beta less game and then be terrible. I don’t think they’ed do that so June sound alright for me.

Yeah, I could see a Beta being in June or July. It’d fit in with the Beta timeframe that Bungie has used with Halo 3 and Reach, being 4-5 months before release (Yes, I know 343i isn’t Bungie and won’t necessarily stick to similar schedules, no need to go telling me that, thanks). Of course, that’s assuming we do get a beta.

I honestly don’t think that there will be a beta.

> I honestly don’t think that there will be a beta.

Only time can tell I suppose, but like I said, the previous betas were very beneficial to the games and popular amongst the fans. If they do go without I think they might be getting some negative feedback. Let’s not forget that it also ups sales for whatever game hosts it. I’m not so sure Microsoft would even let that opportunity slip lol

> > I honestly don’t think that there will be a beta.
>
> Only time can tell I suppose, but like I said, the previous betas were very beneficial to the games and popular amongst the fans. If they do go without I think they might be getting some negative feedback. Let’s not forget that it also ups sales for whatever game hosts it. I’m not so sure Microsoft would even let that opportunity slip lol

Yeah, beneficial, I think not, yes there was a lot of bugs found that the developers missed, they did get a chance to test their servers, BUT, and this is a big but, in the Reach beta all it showed us was things that wasn’t going to be in the final release. Like 3v3 generator defense, and the large color pallet.
The two Halo betas was using a past version of the game, a version of the game that was a month or two old. About the only thing that was good for the game was it upped the hype of the game.
I don’t know if there’s going to be a beta, because yes what you’ve said, may be signs of a beta, but only two Halo games have ever had a public beta, and that doesn’t mean there will be another one. If there is one in the works, I don’t don’t know when it’s coming out, and I really don’t want to be guessing dates because some where down the line, some one is going to look at the speculated release date, and say “HEY, that’s when they’re going to release the beta” like it’s the truth. I much rather wait for 343i to come out and say “We’re going to have a public beta for Halo 4, and it’s going to start on this date, we’ll have more information shortly.”, because at lest then we don’t have to worry about the after shock of gullible people.

Also, I just want to point out that I don’t want to see another Halo beta, I’ve had both good and bad times with betas, the Star Craft 2 betas was fun, the Crysis 2 beta was kind of fun, but the Reach and Battle Field 3 betas was bad. I much rather have a MP demo released 2 months before the games release, and last until it’s release.

> > > I honestly don’t think that there will be a beta.
> >
> > Only time can tell I suppose, but like I said, the previous betas were very beneficial to the games and popular amongst the fans. If they do go without I think they might be getting some negative feedback. Let’s not forget that it also ups sales for whatever game hosts it. I’m not so sure Microsoft would even let that opportunity slip lol
>
> Yeah, beneficial, I think not, yes there was a lot of bugs found that the developers missed, they did get a chance to test their servers, BUT, and this is a big but, in the Reach beta all it showed us was things that wasn’t going to be in the final release. Like 3v3 generator defense, and the large color pallet.
> The two Halo betas was using a past version of the game, a version of the game that was a month or two old. About the only thing that was good for the game was it upped the hype of the game.
> I don’t know if there’s going to be a beta, because yes what you’ve said, may be signs of a beta, but only two Halo games have ever had a public beta, and that doesn’t mean there will be another one. If there is one in the works, I don’t don’t know when it’s coming out, and I really don’t want to be guessing dates because some where down the line, some one is going to look at the speculated release date, and say “HEY, that’s when they’re going to release the beta” like it’s the truth. I much rather wait for 343i to come out and say “We’re going to have a public beta for Halo 4, and it’s going to start on this date, we’ll have more information shortly.”, because at lest then we don’t have to worry about the after shock of gullible people.
>
> Also, I just want to point out that I don’t want to see another Halo beta, I’ve had both good and bad times with betas, the Star Craft 2 betas was fun, the Crysis 2 beta was kind of fun, but the Reach and Battle Field 3 betas was bad. I much rather have a MP demo released 2 months before the games release, and last until it’s release.

I’ll start by addressing the end of your post, the battlefield 3 beta was released immediately before the game. That is a beta released for hype. Reach and H3 as I mentioned were 4 months prior. Close enough to show what the gameplay almost certainly will be like but long enough to get feedback on gametypes they are possibly unsure about. Generator defense as you mentioned, if I remember correctly was very unpopular and wasn’t included in the official release because of that reason. Bug fixes are a given and very important. If you can recall the last halo game featuring expansive multiplayer that didn’t include a beta was halo 2. Can you say super bounce? I think they see the benefits of testing the game on a large scale and will stick to it. As far as my estimated release It was (as noted in the topic) speculation. But it was researched speculation and seeing that 343 is in a sense the child of bungie we can expect them to continue to stick by what worked in the past. (and i think its a poor opinion thinkig they didnt work) Looking at the previous release dates of the games and their betas it’s almost the exact same amount of time. That’s not a coincidence. That alone shows they had purpose in the betas. That being said, a beta released 2 months prior and left out until the game release entirely defeats the purpose that they used the past betas for. You also disregarded what I said about the sales of the game hosting the beta. If you know anything about 343 you would realize that 343 is HUGE on community feedback, even more so than bungie. They are eager to please and I’m sorry if you don’t want a beta but I’m positive most people would disagree.

> If you can recall the last halo game featuring expansive multiplayer that didn’t include a beta was halo 2. Can you say super bounce? I think they see the benefits of testing the game on a large scale and will stick to it.

That wasn’t caused by lack of public beta, but a hasty release, and not enough in house beta testing. I remember watching a video about Bungie talking about how the last few months of Halo 2’s development was very stressing and they was under a lot of presior to get the game finished and out the door, there was a lot cut from the campaign before it’s release.
Also, Not all game Developers have public betas, and their games are released with out any major issues.
Public betas are mostly used to either test servers and networks, to please the public, or to help with testing because they’re under staffed.

> > If you can recall the last halo game featuring expansive multiplayer that didn’t include a beta was halo 2. Can you say super bounce? I think they see the benefits of testing the game on a large scale and will stick to it.
>
> That wasn’t caused by lack of public beta, but a hasty release, and not enough in house beta testing. I remember watching a video about Bungie talking about how the last few months of Halo 2’s development was very stressing and they was under a lot of presior to get the game finished and out the door, there was a lot cut from the campaign before it’s release.
> Also, Not all game Developers have public betas, and their games are released with out any major issues.
> Public betas are mostly used to either test servers and networks, to please the public, or to help with testing because they’re under staffed.

I wont argue against any of this because it all appears to be your interpretation of a rough recall of past events. Speculation if you will, much like my thread. I think because you don’t want a beta to happen your interpreting info to suggest there won’t be one, just like I’m interpreting info to suggest the opposite. Leave me hopes good sir, pm me an “I told you so” if they announce a release without a beta lol.

> Leave me hopes good sir, pm me an “I told you so” if they announce a release without a beta lol.

I’m an -Yoink!-, but don’t worry, I’m not THAT big of an -Yoink!-, I leave that kind of for between me and my close friends, and for things that might happen in shorter amount of time, things like placing bets on what will happen months from now isn’t something I do and then say “I told you so”.
Now if this was a rumor and there’s tons of threads, and tons of people getting overly hyped, I might grace every one with a “I told you so” and a laugh.

> > Leave me hopes good sir, pm me an “I told you so” if they announce a release without a beta lol.
>
> I’m an -Yoink!-, but don’t worry, I’m not THAT big of an -Yoink!-, I leave that kind of for between me and my close friends, and for things that might happen in shorter amount of time, things like placing bets on what will happen months from now isn’t something I do and then say “I told you so”.
> Now if this was a rumor and there’s tons of threads, and tons of people getting overly hyped, I might grace every one with a “I told you so” and a laugh.

Appreciate it, and the start of a rumor is the last thing I wanted to achieve with this lol. I wanted to start a topic that could address everyone who feels the desire to post “when will we get some info?!??!?!”

I figured putting in plain text “pure speculation” would deter that issue haha

> > > Leave me hopes good sir, pm me an “I told you so” if they announce a release without a beta lol.
> >
> > I’m an -Yoink!-, but don’t worry, I’m not THAT big of an -Yoink!-, I leave that kind of for between me and my close friends, and for things that might happen in shorter amount of time, things like placing bets on what will happen months from now isn’t something I do and then say “I told you so”.
> > Now if this was a rumor and there’s tons of threads, and tons of people getting overly hyped, I might grace every one with a “I told you so” and a laugh.
>
> Appreciate it, and the start of a rumor is the last thing I wanted to achieve with this lol. I wanted to start a topic that could address everyone who feels the desire to post “when will we get some info?!??!?!”
>
> I figured putting in plain text “pure speculation” would deter that issue haha

Yeah, but you’re still going to some one who either over look that, or not understand speculation.