Possibility of paid dlc

You ever find it odd that 343i is dragging their feet on gametypes and forge updates, or how map packs are free, whats the catch here exactly?
Could 343i be considering to have paid dlc as far as forge props, and game types, they already have everyone buying into the scam of req points for those to lazy to just play, not one permanent use power weapon or vehicle in those paid req packs, all temporary use ya know to keep you gathering req packs. so who’s to say the free maps are the positive, but the negative is you have to pay to play certain future play lists, such as infection or griffball, everyone is always asking and commenting on desperation for new gametypes, if i was in their shoes i would charge for those, with the excuse of free maps as bonus, as you cant really complain if you were given everything beforehand for free. the question is will their possible future paid dlc be worth the wait?

Personally i would pay for new forge props and gametypes, after all the maps are free, hopefully file uploads and shares don’t become a pay to use deal.

I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap

> 2546678360738636;2:
> I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap

Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.

Anyways, yea paid DLC in the past had better quality, but it also divided the community.

I really don’t think that 343 is going to make paid DLC, they know the chaos that it would cause.

I would gladly pay for DLC if it was actually DLC. 1 map, skins and emblems is not DLC in my opinion. Gimme 4 DLC’s with 3-4 maps each, some weapons and I will gladly pay. This stuff they releasing as “DLC” is a joke. These are updates, not DLC’s.

> 2533274847768760;4:
> I would gladly pay for DLC if it was actually DLC. 1 map, skins and emblems is not DLC in my opinion. Gimme 4 DLC’s with 3-4 maps each, some weapons and I will gladly pay. This stuff they releasing as “DLC” is a joke. These are updates, not DLC’s.

Hey buddy, nobody is calling it DLC. The things 343 are releasing are being marketed as updates. So you’re mad over nothing.

> 2560081931056311;5:
> > 2533274847768760;4:
> > I would gladly pay for DLC if it was actually DLC. 1 map, skins and emblems is not DLC in my opinion. Gimme 4 DLC’s with 3-4 maps each, some weapons and I will gladly pay. This stuff they releasing as “DLC” is a joke. These are updates, not DLC’s.
>
>
> Hey buddy, nobody is calling it DLC. The things 343 are releasing are being marketed as updates. So you’re mad over nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^ Finally someone who understand!

> 2560081931056311;3:
> > 2546678360738636;2:
> > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
>
>
> Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.

Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month

> 2546678360738636;2:
> I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap

speak for yourself im loving all these free new items keeps me playing. Hell if you wanna go blow a ton of money on a game i hear destiny is getting low on players.

My whole point was that 343 has decided QUANTITY is better than QUALITY which is rather disappointing

> 2533274922964546;8:
> > 2546678360738636;2:
> > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
>
>
> im loving all these free new items keeps me playing.

Thank you for proving my point

Halo 5 had 2 major reasons for buying it.

  • A great story “Hunt the truth” - A full season with every dlc for freeAnd now 5 months later we all know that HtT was a big lie, and the dlcs are just little updates mostly for the REQ system.

> 2546678360738636;7:
> > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> >
> >
> > Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.
>
>
> Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month

That still has nothing to do with being cheap. Some people just like the updates that we’ve gotten.

Also, many would say no because they know that paid DLC splits the community. Point you seemed to have ignored…

> 2546678360738636;2:
> I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap

yeah i know, it’s unfortunate the quantity over quality isnt going to work in a game environment with so few variety on ways to kill, there were areas in warzone that were always empty of player every match, completely unused and useless, there is no real display of how exaclty all these custom options fit, they are just there to be there, skins are nice, but they only differentiate on color, you cant mix and match designs anymore, so the skin doesnt fit into the scene as well as it did previously.

Warzone is very bare on items in the map, no anti air turrets of any sort, doesn’t feel like a warzone, feels like an expanded arena ya know?
these maps are all centered around the reqs alone, and that ruins the feel of the game after a while, and the only reason you continue to play it is because your friends are playing, as who doesn’t like to team up, but less and less solo it in warzone now, as gamers are learning ya cant succeed this way in warzone, and many just wanna have a solo multiplayer experience. one thing i took note of when i first played warzone was the lack of troop carriers vehicles, considering the size of maps, you waould expect a mammoth like in halo 3 no less, the large sand map with the mammoths were ingenious, slow yes, but movable fortresses able to carry troops around the maps, really built the gameplay up in ways not even bungie thought would happen. im not saying add a bunch of tanks and hogs everywhere, but some mongooses or weapon less covenant transports for carrying allies would really pick up the gameplay.

> 2546678360738636;10:
> > 2533274922964546;8:
> > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> >
> >
> > im loving all these free new items keeps me playing.
>
>
> Thank you for proving my point

That doesn’t prove your point…it goes against it.

> 2560081931056311;12:
> > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> > >
> > >
> > > Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.
> >
> >
> > Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month
>
>
> That still has nothing to do with being cheap. Some people just like the updates that we’ve gotten.
>
> Also, many would also say no because they know that paid DLC splits the community. Point you seemed to have ignored…

Paid DLC doesn’t split the community. Go back and look at what Bungie did with the older Halo games. People who refuse to pay for DLC and demand free stuff is what splits the community. The players who want quality leave and those who love being showered with free stuff stay and bask in it all.

The updates we’ve seen are good but again, it bothers me that quantity takes precedence over quality.

I’ve already paid for the game. I don’t want to be nickle & dimed to death with new DLC. Keep it free. I much prefer this system to paying twice (or more) for a game.

> 2546678360738636;15:
> > 2560081931056311;12:
> > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.
> > >
> > >
> > > Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month
> >
> >
> > That still has nothing to do with being cheap. Some people just like the updates that we’ve gotten.
> >
> > Also, many would also say no because they know that paid DLC splits the community. Point you seemed to have ignored…
>
>
> Paid DLC doesn’t split the community. Go back and look at what Bungie did with the older Halo games. People who refuse to pay for DLC and demand free stuff is what splits the community. The players who want quality leave and those who love being showered with free stuff stay and bask in it all.
>
> The updates we’ve seen are good but again, it bothers me that quantity takes precedence over quality.

It does split the community. Some people buy it and others don’t. By split the community, I mean the playerbase I guess.

Not everyone buys the maps, so not everyone can play with everyone. It was just a hassle.

I’d pay if it were 5+ plus maps, but not for what they’ve been doing.

> 2560081931056311;17:
> > 2546678360738636;15:
> > > 2560081931056311;12:
> > > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > > > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month
> > >
> > >
> > > That still has nothing to do with being cheap. Some people just like the updates that we’ve gotten.
> > >
> > > Also, many would also say no because they know that paid DLC splits the community. Point you seemed to have ignored…
> >
> >
> > Paid DLC doesn’t split the community. Go back and look at what Bungie did with the older Halo games. People who refuse to pay for DLC and demand free stuff is what splits the community. The players who want quality leave and those who love being showered with free stuff stay and bask in it all.
> >
> > The updates we’ve seen are good but again, it bothers me that quantity takes precedence over quality.
>
>
> It does split the community. Some people buy it and others don’t. By split the community, I mean the playerbase I guess.
>
> Not everyone buys the maps, so not everyone can play with everyone. It was just a hassle.

I wouldn’t say it’s a hassle but when they should do is release the DLC on BOTH digital content and actual retail disk. Bungie did it with Halo 2 once they released all the DLC on Xbox Live, they went and released the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Experience on disk for $20. They did it once more with ODST by providing a second disk that had ALL the Halo 3 DLC content on it. I think that goes over better with players than just digital downloading the maps. Just my opinion anyways

> 2546678360738636;19:
> > 2560081931056311;17:
> > > 2546678360738636;15:
> > > > 2560081931056311;12:
> > > > > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > > > > 2546678360738636;2:
> > > > > > > I would rather wait for months at a time for DLC and pay for it rather than getting all these reskinned maps and guns. 343 has decided that THEY THINK it’s better to have quantity over quality. It’s hard to change that when 90% of the players are gobbling it all up and being cheap
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Nobody is being cheap by enjoying something.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Enjoying too much of something eventually goes bad. I’m willing to bet that if 343 were to start a poll asking players if they’d be willing to pay for DLC, a huge majority would say no because they enjoy the little things they get every month
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That still has nothing to do with being cheap. Some people just like the updates that we’ve gotten.
> > > >
> > > > Also, many would also say no because they know that paid DLC splits the community. Point you seemed to have ignored…
> > >
> > >
> > > Paid DLC doesn’t split the community. Go back and look at what Bungie did with the older Halo games. People who refuse to pay for DLC and demand free stuff is what splits the community. The players who want quality leave and those who love being showered with free stuff stay and bask in it all.
> > >
> > > The updates we’ve seen are good but again, it bothers me that quantity takes precedence over quality.
> >
> >
> > It does split the community. Some people buy it and others don’t. By split the community, I mean the playerbase I guess.
> >
> > Not everyone buys the maps, so not everyone can play with everyone. It was just a hassle.
>
>
> I wouldn’t say it’s a hassle but when they should do is release the DLC on BOTH digital content and actual retail disk. Bungie did it with Halo 2 once they released all the DLC on Xbox Live, they went and released the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Experience on disk for $20. They did it once more with ODST by providing a second disk that had ALL the Halo 3 DLC content on it. I think that goes over better with players than just digital downloading the maps. Just my opinion anyways

It was hassle though, for me and many others.

That’s a fine idea, but some people still won’t buy it.

I don’t think 343 is making less than great maps because of a lack of resources, it seems like their ideas just don’t do it for some people. I don’t think that paying for the content would make it any better.

Besides, why would a game with micro transactions have paid DLC? That’s just asking for trouble.