Possibility of Halo Wars Vehicles in Halo 4

As we all know, the new map “Warhouse” that ships with Halo 4 features a Cyclops Mk.II. While it is unknown whether or not the Cyclops will be featured in campaign or multiplayer, it’s a nice feature to have, especially for Halo Wars fans. It shows that 343i has yet to forget about Halo Wars, which is very important to many fans of the game, including me. But, with the very little information showcased in the video, is it possible that there are more vehicles from Halo Wars?

Since there is so little information available to us, it’s completely possible that Halo Wars vehicles will be making a comeback. The Cyclops featured in the map is also an updated version from the original model, with more weaponry. It’s no mistake that this map is one of the first two to be seen. I’m sure that 343i picked the maps that would be unveiled very carefully. This Cyclops may just be the tip of the iceberg. 343i said that they wanted to make Halo 4 different from the rest, while still keeping it Halo. What better way to do that than introducing vehicles that are already in the universe, but have never been in a Bungie game?

The UNSC is going to need some new weaponry to battle this new enemy, that, according to 343i, is nothing like Master Chief has ever fought. It’s likely that the UNSC would recycle old material, while making it better, like they did during the Human-Covenant war.

Thought? Opinions?

every HW vehicle would be fun to use, and would be very balanced:

Cobra-vehicle destroyer, but it can’t shoot up, needs to lock for full firepower, and takes alot of time to reload

Wolf- Great AA vehicle, but has limited defense against ground tagets (nade launcher)

Grzzly?- slower, and lower reaction time?

Hawk- like the hornet, it dominates most things, but a disadvanatge being it cannot fire at two things at a time, and also, in the Lore Hawks were retired because their engines shut off at random, this could be an optional gameplay changer for custom games, making certain vehicles do certain things, for example, having Hawks Crash and esplode at complete random

Vampire- good AA aircraft, but not so good with ground targets, and it needs a gunner to operate to full capacity

Pelican-nuff said
Phanthom-see above
Spirit-See above

Shortsword- could be implemented as a support vehicle, at the main disadvantage being that it has no primary means of defending itslef as it has no guns, only bombs

elephant-both versions, and have a destructable version that would take roughly 20 SPlasers to destroy

Gemlin- light armor, powerfull gun, with EMP that kills shields disables vehicles,but does not pysicly damage the vehicle or player

Cyclops- could be implemented, with the disadvantage being, you’re a bigger target

eh

> every HW vehicle would be fun to use, and would be very balanced:
>
> -clip-
>
> eh

The models that were in Halo Wars have been upgraded, which is definitely needed considering that all of the vehicles are over 20 years old. This means that 343i can change things to make the vehicles more balanced. So balance would not be an issue.

Also, I don’t think that every Halo Wars vehicles would be in Halo 4. As much as I would absolutely LOVE to see a Vulture in Halo 4, it’s not very likely. Maybe as a cameo, or something in the background, but not as a drivable vehicle.

> > every HW vehicle would be fun to use, and would be very balanced:
> >
> > -clip-
> >
> > eh
>
> The models that were in Halo Wars have been upgraded, which is definitely needed considering that all of the vehicles are over 20 years old. This means that 343i can change things to make the vehicles more balanced. So balance would not be an issue.
>
> Also, I don’t think that every Halo Wars vehicles would be in Halo 4. As much as I would absolutely LOVE to see a Vulture in Halo 4, it’s not very likely. Maybe as a cameo, or something in the background, but not as a drivable vehicle.

very true, the vehicle being over 20 years older have to have SOME upgrades, but make sure that it still looks/functions like it should

@ the vulture, forgot that one

but yeah, there is no reason it should even APPEAR in MM, but why not for custom games?, like Pelicans, phantoms, spirits, and maybe even scarabs
IMO, the more custom-game only content there is, the more custom games are special

I really hope we get to use the metal gear in sp or mp

I would give anything for a cobra. I think it would be effective in multi-player as well. In drive it can have the between power of a scorpion and a guass. In lockdown, if the animation is speed up, it could increase the power dramatically but in turn leave you vulnerable to any type of attack. Imagine a fight in BloodGulch, your in a ctf game and you pull a Cobra to the peak of a hill, park and lock and control the field, but even with the great power you still have a slower reload speed and a need to move for safety, so a proper use and control of a cobra will need team effort for cover but could decide the outcome. but if you need speed you can just go it alone in drive mode, which gives you two effective options.

> I would give anything for a cobra. I think it would be effective in multi-player as well. In drive it can have the between power of a scorpion and a guass. In lockdown, if the animation is speed up, it could increase the power dramatically but in turn leave you vulnerable to any type of attack. Imagine a fight in BloodGulch, your in a ctf game and you pull a Cobra to the peak of a hill, park and lock and control the field, but even with the great power you still have a slower reload speed and a need to move for safety, so a proper use and control of a cobra will need team effort for cover but could decide the outcome. but if you need speed you can just go it alone in drive mode, which gives you two effective options.

Nice idea. Just imagining how a Cobra would play out in BTB got me really excited that there is a possibility that they might be included. In a map with a lot of vehicles such as Blood Gulch the Cobra would need to focus on the vehicles and snipers that are appearing rather than the infantry. This means that the team with the Cobra would have to rely on map control and teamwork to keep the Cobra alive. Halo Wars vehicles would just add to the sandbox that is Halo, and allow for many more strategies.

Does anyone have thought on whether or not it’s possible? Or how likely it is?

I want the Cobra Gauss hog on steroids .

The vehicles still need to be balanced. :wink:

Also, with the new perks system that 343i is hinting at, does anyone have any speculation on the possibility of these perks effecting vehicle combat? This might be a very good thing if both perks and Halo Wars vehicles make it into Halo 4.

I just tweeted 343i asking if there is anything Halo Wars related in Halo 4 beside the Cyclops in Warhouse. Hopefully I’ll get an answer.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

I would really like to see some new air vehicles. Hawk could be like flying gauss hog :D.
Also a really big vehicle like elephant should be in the game. It would be cool to have some game types where you need to hijack or destroy enemy elephant or any [insert any big and cool vehicle here] to win :). Yes I am thinking the Titan mode from the Battlefield 2142.

P.S Here is some Titan mode gameplay :).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRgIT1pO8Lc

That would be a pretty fun game mode. Maybe the Vulture could be used in it somehow?

According to the bulletin the Cyclops is out. But I’m think that the vehicle that was mentioned, which dwarfs the Cyclops, could be a Vulture.