Positive/negative affects on overall KDA.

I’ve had a few games now and realized that when I go positive 22.0 KDA or more it barely increases my overall KDA, but as soon as I go negative I notice a significant drop in my KDA. My question is does going negative affect your overall KDA more than going positive?

It depends on how many total kills or deaths you have. Lets say you have 1000 kills, 0 assists and 100 deaths for a KDA of 10. If you go 22-0, your KDA rises 2%. If you go 10-10 your new KDA is 9.18. A 9% decrease. You would then need 90 kills without a death in order to get back to a KDA of 10. It is just regular math, and I think assists count for a third of a point if I wasnt mistaken. Obviously a KDA of 10 is absurdly high and super rare, but I picked it because it demonstrated the concept pretty well. If you have a lot more kills than deaths, an 10 point increase in deaths is relatively much larger than a 10 point increase in kills.
EDIT:
Just looked at your stats, as you have 2/3 as many deaths as kills, your deaths count for more. Also Glad to see another weneedachilles member

Works the same for win/loss stuff too. I went five games without a loss and my W/L was a 49.0, then I lost one game and it sank down to 48.9 again.

As far as I’m aware, in Halo 5 the KDA is calculated by (K + A/3 - D)/G, where G stands for the number of games completed. If you gain ΔK kills, ΔA assists, and ΔD deaths in a match, then for a large number of games played your KDA will roughly change by (ΔK + ΔA/3 - ΔD - (K + A/3 - D)/G)/G. What this means is that while getting more deaths than kills doesn’t strictly speaking always have a larger effect, the factor (K + A/3 - D)/G, which is just your previous KDA, will dampen your future KDA by trying to pull it down provided your K + A/3 > D. In general, the more positive your KDA is, the higher this damping will be. If you have a large KDA, like 10, then ΔK + ΔA/3 - ΔD needs to be higher than 10 for you to gain anything. So, if your KDA is highlt positive, then going negative will affect more. But if your KDA is extremely negative, going positive will affect more.

Also, fun fact, if your current KDA is higher than your ΔK + ΔA/3 in the match, your KDA will decrease even if you don’t die at all in the match.

> 2533274825830455;4:
> As far as I’m aware, in Halo 5 the KDA is calculated by (K + A/3 - D)/G, where G stands for the number of games completed. If you gain ΔK kills, ΔA assists, and ΔD deaths in a match, then for a large number of games played your KDA will roughly change by (ΔK + ΔA/3 - ΔD - (K + A/3 - D)/G)/G. What this means is that while getting more deaths than kills doesn’t strictly speaking always have a larger effect, the factor (K + A/3 - D)/G, which is just your previous KDA, will dampen your future KDA by trying to pull it down provided your K + A/3 > D. In general, the more positive your KDA is, the higher this damping will be. If you have a large KDA, like 10, then ΔK + ΔA/3 - ΔD needs to be higher than 10 for you to gain anything. So, if your KDA is highlt positive, then going negative will affect more. But if your KDA is extremely negative, going positive will affect more.
>
> Also, fun fact, if your current KDA is higher than your ΔK + ΔA/3 in the match, your KDA will decrease even if you don’t die at all in the match.

That makes perfect sense, but my overall KDA was 6.6 and as I’ve said before I have had games where my KDA is 22.0 or higher. I’ve only played 2 games where my KDA was lower than 6.6 and now my overall KDA is sitting at 5.9. Another question I have is if I went -6 in a game and then the next game I went +6, would those cancel eachother out or not?

> 2535439534701850;1:
> I’ve had a few games now and realized that when I go positive 22.0 KDA or more it barely increases my overall KDA, but as soon as I go negative I notice a significant drop in my KDA. My question is does going negative affect your overall KDA more than going positive?

It’s easier to loose kda.
If you have a 4.0 that means you need 4 times more kills than deaths. If you only get 2 times the kill vs deaths then it’ll decrease.
So it’s easier to go 2.0 when you have a 4.0 than it is to get a 5.0 or higher to increase your kda.
thats why most people have a K/D of 2.X
the assist part gives you a boost of “kills”.
arena says I have a 5.8 because of these asssits when I barely have a 2.0 K/D

This drives me crazy

As Prophet Onyx just said, it’s much easier for your K/D ratio to go down rather than up. Unless I’m going against some really skilled players in Arena / Warzone, I try not to let my K/D ratio bother me as it’s more important to have fun in the long run. Just my thoughts.

> 2535439534701850;5:
> Another question I have is if I went -6 in a game and then the next game I went +6, would those cancel eachother out or not?

Well, they generally wouldn’t cancel exactly, because the change depends on your KDA before the game, and the number of games you have played, which would be different for the two games. Now, the actual difference between these changes actually decreases as the square of the number of games played, so in practice after a large number of games, they would cancel each other for all practical purposes.