Population people..

So as you see fifa is two spots below halo… Well this is just a heads up. Halo does not count all people on the game… When I play fifa especially back early December Ill get on and it says that 190000 people online.
Soo all of you saying that this game only draws 100000 it’s not what it seems.

“Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”

So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.

Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.

If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”

This “Less is more” excuse is just a sham to give an illusion that playlist numbers are high, when probably half of the playlist could be combined due to the redundancy of splitting gametypes… IE: Team Objective would save 3 playlist [CTF, Dom, and Odball] Which would leave room for more interesting playlist like T. Snipers, Grifball and Action Sack

This list is from the week of December 3rd.

> “Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”
>
>
> So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.
>
> Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.
>
> If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”

Jesus, I’ve probably said this about 20 times now… Don’t judge this game by it’s live population when in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, you could only find it’s 24 hour and hourly populations.

Well firstly given Halo’s popularity with the casual crowd (or atleast their moms) I expect it will be a couple of months before the population didps well below 100’000 UU so atleast there’s that to hold onto .

But honesty at this stage all I can say is there is a steady declin ewithin the population. Whether or not its significant I cant tell with certainty but either way its less people who are going to buy DLC so either way 343i has to be paying attention.

Sadly this thread won’t change one thing around this forum. This thread will son die and people will continue to be like HURR DURR HALO 4 IZ DYING TEH POPULATION IS 10,000 PALYER A DAY.

Oh well.

> > “Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”
> >
> >
> > So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.
> >
> > Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.
> >
> > If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”
>
> Jesus, I’ve probably said this about 20 times now… Don’t judge this game by it’s live population when in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, you could only find it’s 24 hour and hourly populations.

And Halo: Reach and Halo 3 showed everyone within those cycles, not just Matchmaking. Halo 4 shows the people who are CURRENTLY playing Halo 4 War Games: Matchmaking(ONLY) at this very second. You can check Spartan Ops: Matchmaking population, too.

> > “Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”
> >
> >
> > So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.
> >
> > Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.
> >
> > If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”
>
> Jesus, I’ve probably said this about 20 times now… Don’t judge this game by it’s live population when in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, you could only find it’s 24 hour and hourly populations.

Well, normally the term “Peak” is the overall TOP amount of players throughout a given amount of time in my sake, I gave a 24 hour period by mentioning yesterday, Hence my not mentioning the live player amount right now because its not peak ours yet.
That being said, Dont reply to me when you dont actually read what I post and post for the sake of posting your overly biased opinion, you just post what other people “want” to hear for the sake of a “like”

> This list is from the week of December 3rd.

> > > “Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”
> > >
> > >
> > > So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.
> > >
> > > Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.
> > >
> > > If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”
> >
> > Jesus, I’ve probably said this about 20 times now… Don’t judge this game by it’s live population when in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, you could only find it’s 24 hour and hourly populations.
>
> Well, normally the term “Peak” is the overall TOP amount of players throughout a given amount of time in my sake, I gave a 24 hour period by mentioning yesterday, Hence my not mentioning the live player amount right now because its not peak ours yet.
> That being said, Dont reply to me when you dont actually read what I post and post for the sake of posting your overly biased opinion
[/quote]
Let me simplify this for you. IT’S UNFAIR TO COMPARE PEAK POPULATIONS AND DAILY POPULATIONS. Peak it the most players online at one moment in a single day while Daily is the total number of people who logged in during that day. See what I meanz, meng?

> > > “Halo doesnt count all people in game or unique players”
> > >
> > >
> > > So sick of these 1 sided arguements, no logic is involved just what you hear from others.
> > >
> > > Please, explain the drop from 400k players at launch in MULTIPLAYER to 90k peak yesterday.
> > >
> > > If I were 343, I would be worried that my multiplayer is not as interesting to keep players playing, after all its considered to be “End Game”
> >
> > Jesus, I’ve probably said this about 20 times now… Don’t judge this game by it’s live population when in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, you could only find it’s 24 hour and hourly populations.
>
> Well, normally the term “Peak” is the overall TOP amount of players throughout a given amount of time in my sake, I gave a 24 hour period by mentioning yesterday, Hence my not mentioning the live player amount right now because its not peak ours yet.
> That being said, Dont reply to me when you dont actually read what I post and post for the sake of posting your overly biased opinion, you just post what other people “want” to hear for the sake of a “like”
[/quote]
Still if a game peaks at 100-200k(it peaks at around 100k in Matchmaking, but it most likely peaks at 200k, total population, every day) everyday, and gets 1-7 million unique users everyday, then it’s healthy.

> > This list is from the week of December 3rd.

Yes December, the month when everyone of this forum was moaning about how low the population was. January chart comes, and Halo 4 will still be 2nd.

Much like the points system ingame going 10,20,30 etc instead of 1,2,3 I bet it’s the same with the online player numbers.

It’s prob five guys in a room playing…

> > > This list is from the week of December 3rd.
>
> Yes December, the month when everyone of this forum was moaning about how low the population was. January chart comes, and Halo 4 will still be 2nd.

I wouldn’t be surprised. And if it does drop, the lowest it will probably be 3rd or 4th place.

So, let me get this straight.

Population is the end-all be-all that decides a games “goodness”, and a game like H3 was a better game because the population charts say so. It beat out a slew of CoD games and many others.

Now Blops 2 is the best game (using the same population argument/criteria from above).

So H4 is obviously emulating the best game, so it can be the most bestest popular game… but now this is bad thing?

Just to sum up. Reach was a fail because it couldn’t beat those other games (population wise). H4 is perceived to be a closer match to those games (as an assumed attempt to beat those games)… which is now bad thing. Got it.

This is what happens when we use population as the sole deciding factor to determine whether a game is good or bad. We use H3 as the gold standard because of it’s dominance in population, but somehow popularity is not a valid argument for the incorporation of these features in H4? You can’t have it both ways. Do you want this game to be more like traditional Halo, or do you want it to be the most popular? Because You can’t have both.

I remember back to the Reach forums on Bnet, hearing the same arguments over and over. They parallel H4 quite closely. First, it was MLG will save Reach. Then it was the classic playlist will save Reach. Then it was the TU will save Reach. And so on. In the end, none had any affect whatsoever. Perhaps Reach didn’t need to be saved, Maybe Reach was just… well, Reach.

I understand the frustration most of you are expressing, and sympathize with you. Everyone has a grand idea of what will “save” this game. In the end, no one knows for sure. You have an idea, but you won’t really know until it’s implemented. And if it is implemented, and the populations stays… then what? Could it be that some other game is just more popular because that’s what the majority of people like?

Just remember. The more you try to make something into something that it is not, the more you realize it will never be that thing, and the more it will make you miss it. Game, people, Halo… it is what it is. Sure, you may get that MLG playlist. Or the big TU. Or that classic playlist. Just like Reach. And when the population remains? What will be the argument then? Just please keep this in mind if you get what ever it is that you are after, and there is little to no change in terms of population.

> So, let me get this straight.
>
> Population is the end-all be-all that decides a games “goodness”, and a game like H3 was a better game because the population charts say so. It beat out a slew of CoD games and many others.
>
> Now Blops 2 is the best game (using the same population argument/criteria from above).
>
> So H4 is obviously emulating the best game, so it can be the most bestest popular game… but now this is bad thing?
>
> Just to sum up. Reach was a fail because it couldn’t beat those other games (population wise). H4 is perceived to be a closer match to those games (as an assumed attempt to beat those games)… which is now bad thing. Got it.
>
> This is what happens when we use population as the sole deciding factor to determine whether a game is good or bad. We use H3 as the gold standard because of it’s dominance in population, but somehow popularity is not a valid argument for the incorporation of these features in H4? You can’t have it both ways. Do you want this game to be more like traditional Halo, or do you want it to be the most popular? Because You can’t have both.
>
> I remember back to the Reach forums on Bnet, hearing the same arguments over and over. They parallel H4 quite closely. First, it was MLG will save Reach. Then it was the classic playlist will save Reach. Then it was the TU will save Reach. And so on. In the end, none had any affect whatsoever. Perhaps Reach didn’t need to be saved, Maybe Reach was just… well, Reach.
>
> I understand the frustration most of you are expressing, and sympathize with you. Everyone has a grand idea of what will “save” this game. In the end, no one knows for sure. You have an idea, but you won’t really know until it’s implemented. And if it is implemented, and the populations stays… then what? Could it be that some other game is just more popular because that’s what the majority of people like?
>
> Just remember. The more you try to make something into something that it is not, the more you realize it will never be that thing, and the more it will make you miss it. Game, people, Halo… it is what it is. Sure, you may get that MLG playlist. Or the big TU. Or that classic playlist. Just like Reach. And when the population remains? What will be the argument then? Just please keep this in mind if you get what ever it is that you are after, and there is little to no change in terms of population.

Halo 3 was more popular than cod.
And so far the halo franchise hasn’t gone back to that halo 3 feel. So why can’t it be tried at least once? That is all we ask.
When the TU came out, (1 year after the release same time when CEA came out), it was already too late. Personally I just played through CEA and was highly disappointed with that classic playlist. Don’t understand why 343 couldn’t of just modded their own game to get the settings right instead of getting that choppy gameplay. Even though it was okay.
Anyway when I finally put my reach disc in to test out the ZB playlists, I couldn’t find any? All I could find was mlg but obviously no radar and 110% movements + 100% competitive players isn’t for everyone.
ZB wasn’t implemented to every single playlist, so we will never know if that could of “revived” reach.

There are many fans that just don’t want halo 4 to be the next reach, where the TU comes out when the game is in the hospital bed. We want the TU as soon as halo 4 starts to cough.

And obviously the one topic that has never been answered is the ranked/social playlist. Give it a try. if it flops, ditch it after 2 WEEKS. I don’t understand what is so hard.

> Do you want this game to be more like traditional Halo, or do you want it to be the most popular? Because You can’t have both.

Logic fail, if this game was more like traditional Halo it would be more popular. People aren’t complaining about how much like ‘traditional’ halo it is, they are complaining about how much like Reach it is. The online population shows how much Halo 4 is enjoyed, not much.

I have seen many posts asking for a classic playlist, logically, adding this playlist would please many fans and possibly encourage others to come back. One thing is for sure, doing nothing is not working.

Is Halo 4 does need fixes and people are playing it less and less compaired to other popular titles. No one can argue with that. unlessthey lie.

> Halo 3 was more popular than cod.
> And so far the halo franchise hasn’t gone back to that halo 3 feel. So why can’t it be tried at least once? That is all we ask.
> When the TU came out, (1 year after the release same time when CEA came out), it was already too late. Personally I just played through CEA and was highly disappointed with that classic playlist. Don’t understand why 343 couldn’t of just modded their own game to get the settings right instead of getting that choppy gameplay. Even though it was okay.
> Anyway when I finally put my reach disc in to test out the ZB playlists, I couldn’t find any? All I could find was mlg but obviously no radar and 110% movements + 100% competitive players isn’t for everyone.
> ZB wasn’t implemented to every single playlist, so we will never know if that could of “revived” reach.
>
> There are many fans that just don’t want halo 4 to be the next reach, where the TU comes out when the game is in the hospital bed. We want the TU as soon as halo 4 starts to cough.

And what then, when or if, these things don’t work? Regardless of when they were implemented, all of the above changes and settings had abysmal population numbers in the past. They were the lowest populated hoppers. Forcing those changes across all playlists may have drive more people away.

> > Do you want this game to be more like traditional Halo, or do you want it to be the most popular? Because You can’t have both.
>
> Logic fail, if this game was more like traditional Halo it would be more popular. People aren’t complaining about how much like ‘traditional’ halo it is, they are complaining about how much like Reach it is. The online population shows how much Halo 4 is enjoyed, not much.
>
> I have seen many posts asking for a classic playlist, logically, adding this playlist would please many fans and possibly encourage others to come back. One thing is for sure, doing nothing is not working.

What? Words cannot describe the derp moment you just had there. It’s as if, you skipped this ENTIRE THREAD, just to quote and reply that tiny part of that guy’s post.