Population on halo reach and Halo 3

I have had many arguments over what normal/respectable population is in reach and in halo 3. (dont know which thread this belongs in…

but here are the stats of when the pop is usually at its highest (friday at 6pm-8pm and staturday at 6pm-8pm)

I had one user on these forums tell me that at high population times halo 3 has 30,000 and reach has 80,000. To that user: take a look at this:

taken friday, 3/30 at 6pm central
Halo: Reach; 99123 players
Halo 3; 3857 players

Dont get me wrong, this is not a thread saying “OOOOOH! REACH HAS MORE PLAYERS THAN HALO 3 IT MUST BE BETTER”, going by that mentality, COD is the best game. And that is so far from the truth.
This thread is about reminding people that halo 3 is still a good game, (regardless of mexican hosts and spread) and should still be played.
Dont forget to visit halo 3 this weekend!

I can guarentee there would of been ALOT more than 3000 people online halo 3 at that time, The ingame counter has always been unreliable and broken. The past couple of days I have logged on it has still said 3857, If you go check on bungie you can see that there have been 100 000+ players over the last 24 hours.

Don’t trust the in-game counter. It doesn’t work right. If I had to guess, there are usually between 20,000-50,000 on at any time each day.

The Halo 3 counter doesn’t work. It updates every 24 hours when the least ammount of people are online (when everyone is asleep etc)

> The Halo 3 counter doesn’t work.

This.

It has been dodgy since 343i took over control in 2011, it hops from 3k to 10k for me often.

> halo 3 is still a good game

A good game? Its the best game ever. Im hoping H4 lives up to the H3 standard, reach may have had better graphics, but gameplay to H3 could not compare.

Personaly I think they should have not came out with halo reach, I like halo 3 better. They should have waited longer. But It’s something like we want more money. Its like selling a game then selling the expantion, then selling decks/map packs. Or selling the same game over again. It ruins the older ones and forces you to buy the newer ones, And now this… Its really sad… And Yes… Halo 3 WAS the best game ever… now it can go **** * ****

> > The Halo 3 counter doesn’t work.
>
> This.
>
> It has been dodgy since 343i took over control in 2011, it hops from 3k to 10k for me often.

It’s been “dodgy” since 2010.

I dont trust the population counter, even when it shows low population finding games is easy and quick at least for me.