Population is over 100,000

The last few weeks I’ve seen plenty of threads saying the population is under 100,000 therefore Halo 4 fails, Halo 4 sucks, Halo is dead, Halo 3 is better because Halo 4 is under 100,000 players.

Well I’m online now and the current population on a Sunday at almost midnight EST is 129,717 with a whopping 41,653 players in BTB Slayer alone.

Feels good don’t it?

> The last few weeks I’ve seen plenty of threads saying the population is under 100,000 therefore Halo 4 fails, Halo 4 sucks, Halo is dead, Halo 3 is better because Halo 4 is under 100,000 players.
>
> Well I’m online now and the current population on a Sunday at almost midnight EST is 129,717 with a whopping 41,653 players in BTB Slayer alone.
>
> Feels good don’t it?

Whiners = wrong

Population doomsayers = laughable to anyone who has taken stat and taken a peep at Major Nelson’s charts.

The forum is full of people complaining to complain. Don’t take them too seriously, you OP are right.

IMO the only legit complaints are specialization code issues, custom games, and bugs. Everything else is just H2/H3 nostalgia/wishful thinking, BS, or someone whining for the sheer sake of whining.

EDIT: And yes OP, it feels great!

Well since the charts show the peak population going from ~100k before Christmas to ~125,000 after Christmas, with a clear decline after Christmas as people who got it on the 25th trade it in, this thread makes your gloating look foolish.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I mean, Dec 26-30 alone is funny as all get out.

> > The last few weeks I’ve seen plenty of threads saying the population is under 100,000 therefore Halo 4 fails, Halo 4 sucks, Halo is dead, Halo 3 is better because Halo 4 is under 100,000 players.
> >
> > Well I’m online now and the current population on a Sunday at almost midnight EST is 129,717 with a whopping 41,653 players in BTB Slayer alone.
> >
> > Feels good don’t it?
>
> Whiners = wrong
>
> Population doomsayers = laughable to anyone who has taken stat and taken a peep at Major Nelson’s charts.
>
> The forum is full of people complaining to complain. Don’t take them too seriously, you OP are right.
>
> IMO the only legit complaints are specialization code issues, custom games, and bugs. Everything else is just H2/H3 nostalgia/wishful thinking, BS, or someone whining for the sheer sake of whining.
>
> EDIT: And yes OP, it feels great!

Totally agree with you. I just couldn’t help myself post the above.

> The last few weeks I’ve seen plenty of threads saying the population is under 100,000 therefore Halo 4 fails, Halo 4 sucks, Halo is dead, Halo 3 is better because Halo 4 is under 100,000 players.
>
> Well I’m online now and the current population on a Sunday at almost midnight EST is 129,717 with a whopping 41,653 players in BTB Slayer alone.
>
> Feels good don’t it?

Well in its first week there were 100,000 in BTB alone, and around 450,000 online total, and has tanked since then. So…no, it does not feel good, this game has lost a huge portion of players since its launch. It desperately needs a TU to fix a lot of things. Your statistics are really quite sad if you think about how many people play this compared to Black Ops II (and I mean Xbox 360 population alone).

> Well since the charts show the peak population going from ~100k before Christmas to ~125,000 after Christmas, with a clear decline after Christmas as people who got it on the 25th trade it in, this thread makes your gloating look foolish.
>
> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
>
> I mean, Dec 26-30 alone is funny as all get out.

Wow people are still pushing halo charts as some sort of importance? You realize it doesn’t show total population right? A million players could be online throughout a day, but only 95,000 at one time and it would only show 95,000 as peak population.

Doesn’t mean anything just like my OP.

Not really its the holidays, if i go on cod it will have over 450,000 on the xbox alone. averaging barely over 100,000 is not good. Do you remember when we had over 300,000 in h3 or even h2? the TU may help but right now most halo communities are thinning out.

To be fair, I think there were 300,000 rentals in the first week. Then maybe 80-100k rentals out the next two weeks. I’d be interested to see Gamestop say how many trade-ins they’ve bought. Don’t get me wrong, I like Halo 4, I have fun when I play, but I know how much better the game COULD be.

> > Well since the charts show the peak population going from ~100k before Christmas to ~125,000 after Christmas, with a clear decline after Christmas as people who got it on the 25th trade it in, this thread makes your gloating look foolish.
> >
> > http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
> >
> > I mean, Dec 26-30 alone is funny as all get out.
>
> Wow people are still pushing halo charts as some sort of importance? You realize it doesn’t show total population right? A million players could be online throughout a day, but only 95,000 at one time and it would only show 95,000 as peak population.
>
> Doesn’t mean anything just like my OP.

It doesn’t change the fact that even if Halo charts is unaccurate, it still shows the trend that not as many people are playing this game as they did in the first week.

> > The last few weeks I’ve seen plenty of threads saying the population is under 100,000 therefore Halo 4 fails, Halo 4 sucks, Halo is dead, Halo 3 is better because Halo 4 is under 100,000 players.
> >
> > Well I’m online now and the current population on a Sunday at almost midnight EST is 129,717 with a whopping 41,653 players in BTB Slayer alone.
> >
> > Feels good don’t it?
>
> Whiners = wrong
>
> Population doomsayers = laughable to anyone who has taken stat and taken a peep at Major Nelson’s charts.
>
> The forum is full of people complaining to complain. Don’t take them too seriously, you OP are right.
>
> IMO the only legit complaints are specialization code issues, custom games, and bugs. Everything else is just H2/H3 nostalgia/wishful thinking, BS, or someone whining for the sheer sake of whining.
>
> EDIT: And yes OP, it feels great!

So its not a legitimate complaint that they completely changed the gameplay of Halo multiplaeyer?

Yeah, ok.

>
>
> Feels good don’t it?

130k on a holiday weekend is pathetic <2 months after launch.

Population at launch: 400,000+
Population one month later: 100,000+/-
Population after Christmas: 135,000+/-

King of the Xbox has been dethroned methinks.

Why does population even matter? Sure, it’d be nice to be able to have 300,000+ players on at any given time, but it doesn’t matter so long as there are enough players to find a game.

Not to mention that wishing for a 300,000+ population back is a fool’s errand. There is too much competition on the market for that to ever happen to a Halo game again, even if 343i made Halo 5 a Halo 2 clone.

> Why does population even matter? Sure, it’d be nice to be able to have 300,000+ players on at any given time, but <mark>it doesn’t matter so long as there are enough players to find a game.</mark>

That is never the point of a population thread. The purpose is to try and explain why 300,000 people enjoy doing something other than playing Halo 4.

> Well since the charts show the peak population going from ~100k before Christmas to ~125,000 after Christmas, with a clear decline after Christmas as people who got it on the 25th trade it in, this thread makes your gloating look foolish.
>
> http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
>
> I mean, Dec 26-30 alone is funny as all get out.

1st of all Population arguments are meaningless.

> 1st of all Population arguments are meaningless.

then what’s all this been about

> > 1st of all Population arguments are meaningless.
>
> then what’s all this been about

Mostly gloating and showing how easy it is to make a meanless argument based on nothing but pride.

> > > 1st of all Population arguments are meaningless.
> >
> > then what’s all this been about
>
> Mostly gloating and showing how easy it is to make a meanless argument based on nothing but pride.

So basically it represents the internet

> > > > 1st of all Population arguments are meaningless.
> > >
> > > then what’s all this been about
> >
> > Mostly gloating and showing how easy it is to make a meanless argument based on nothing but pride.
>
> So basically it represents the internet

Basically this stupid thread is making fun of those stupid threads feeling all happy abt the low pop.

It’s not that halo 4 is dead it’s that the population compared to the first week of launch is way lower. At launch it was over 400000 in matchmaking alone, not counting spartan ops or campaign. But the fact is that it’s effectively 75% lower after two months of it being out. If statistics like this keep up in another two months the population could be as low as 25000. That’s entirely BS though; I know the population won’t go under 100k, not unless some terrible move is made by 343/MS. You have to admit that a 75% reduction in players is a pretty big amount. In a couple of months when everyone is rank 130 and has all commendations maxed I can’t see the population sticking around. I’ve been tempted to play reach again; I’ve checked the numbers and reach has 75000 easy.