Population hits an official low yesterday...

Based on daily peak population on Halocharts. We can argue the ‘exact’ measure of this number till the cows come home, dont want to get into that, I was focusing more on the downward trend and official lowest posted population peak to date part of it.

The problem being there seems to be a wonderful effort put forth of late regarding forum mediation, but that isn’t the issue here. Why all the effort to control/block/lock valid concerns/complaints rather than remedy them? All the negativity that is circulating out of control on here is due to the shocking inability of 343i to satisfy/listen and most importantly respond to their fans. That is the lone reason for all the negativity on the forums and likely poor population #'s. There a are handful of grade school level questions circulating over and over and over and over that continue to go unanswered and thats just unacceptable, of course ppl are going to lash out. All this effort on forum “mediation” should be redirected to properly answering basic questions not scorning the ppl asking them for being rightfully frustrated.

Questions like, custom games (personally not my concern), specialization codes/level cap’s (again not my concern) and what is going to happen regarding visible or waypoint CSR (my crux), and some other burning ones as well. Why cant we get an educated response regarding these beyond basic questions??? That’s why we the community are so negative on these forums and slowly but surely walking away from the game entirely.

School also started yesterday so gf logic
P.S. I don’t like halo 4 but I can’t let people be ill-informed

Also the reason they don’t answer us is because they are stubborn. They don’t want to do what we want so they just ignore us because they know it would just enrage us more. Even though they personally said that if enough people complain they will change it. (at least with flag dropping)

3000+ posts for custom game options so I don’t know how much more we can really complain though

343 better wake up real quick.

School is in session. Well, for most people it is.

> School is in session. Well, for most people it is.

That never dropped H2-H3’s population so much. No way in hell. The core fan base is simply fed up.

I can imagine the people that focus a lot on the Halo 4 population writing an article in the future about the current state of America’s population or something. Not being negative just saying. School has started and to the guy above me that was when Halo was in COD’s position give or takes a couple hundred thousand who don’t like Halo due to the setting.

Although population is down, it should not matter if you can get into a game easily. Too bad that the playlist, balancing and lag/host change issues make the game unfun for me.
There is very little of this MP that I like. Most of it needs fixing IMO and 343 is simply ignoring game issues to focus on Crimson DLC and money. I will play this game again when it becomes BTB objective again.

> Although population is down, it should not matter if you can get into a game easily. Too bad that the playlist, balancing and lag/host change issues make the game unfun for me.
> There is very little of this MP that I like. Most of it needs fixing IMO and 343 is simply ignoring game issues to focus on Crimson DLC and money. I will play this game again when it becomes BTB objective again.

It takes me about 5 minutes to get into a game now. I can get into the faster in Reach most of the time.

Also, the peak population has drop down to 80k now.

The game’s okay, it’s not great - but it’s okay. That, combined with the lack of response to community concerns and the general negativity surrounding Halo these days, seems to be atrophying the game’s population at an impressive rate.

I mean, I used to play Halo non-stop, all day. Now, I play maybe once a week when I’ve got friends on. It’s just not what Halo is.

If we end up with a higher population in Reach or something than Halo 4, do you think 343 might start to listen to the community come Halo 5? Maybe?

edit: Another thought, actually. I don’t know how much of an issue this is, as it’s been the case since Reach, but perhaps lack of an actual ranking system is the problem? Reach’s arena sort of worked, but I haven’t felt a real drive to improve in Halo since I was trying to get a 50 in H3. Participation points are a terrible form of incentive.