Population Health

I know that halo charts is still updating daily peak data, but it doesn’t look like Major Nelson has updated in almost 3 months. With the population dropping, I’m curious if there is another place you can find the activity charts. Would like to be able to compare the viability of the populations of the different Halo games.

Halo is dad. Probably dropped to 9th place I’m guessing.

About 5k people left the IS playlist due to the DLC requirement, and other playlists have remained approx the same. I’d guess about 25% of the H4 population left due to the DLC lockout on Infinity Slayer.

Last I seen/heard H4 was sitting around 7th on the list

> Last I seen/heard H4 was sitting around 7th on the list

Ehh, few months beyond that point, I believe. My guess would be its barely hanging on to the top 10

> > Last I seen/heard H4 was sitting around 7th on the list
>
> Ehh, few months beyond that point, I believe. My guess would be its barely hanging on to the top 10

I wouldn’t doubt if its lower than that or not on the charts at all.

> I wouldn’t doubt if its lower than that or not on the charts at all.

No doubt it is suffering. The population dropped by 50% since it was seventh.

As one of the players who left - I feel I should chime in.

The game continues to be updated, but has ignored the desires of the brunt of the halo fan base.
No option for race gametypes (or even the option in customs to have them), no descoping, horrible JIP issues, no large open maps for snipers, lag present in most games, everyone using Nemesis to mark players locations, Promethian vision cheapskates, and no “none of the above” voting option are just a few things that broke this game for a large portion of players.

The fact that there isn’t an option to re-cycle the map voting choices is beyond lazy in a matchmaking GUI. The fact that it hasn’t been added or even considered by 343 doesn’t make sense -especially when players have been vocal about the need for it.

Don’t ignore the GTAV effect - almost everyone on my FL is playing that and the BF4 beta.

Most of these are due to a low population/other games out now.

They’re also focused on 5 TBO.

I cant even find a game anymore. I just was online and all playlists except BTB had less than 500 people…how pathetic. For H3 the lowest playlist population MLG had more than that.

H4 is gone my friends

Last night Australia east coast time 8pm. infinity slayer = 105 players. big team battle = approx 1100 players. that’s pretty grim.

1. GTA:V Online
  2. DLC requirements
  3. Middle of the week

Yeah, it’s pretty grim but where I’m at a lot of people have midterms. Not to mention the silly (in my opinion) decision to make Infinity Slayer DLC-only… no matter what, the majority of players will never have the map packs because most of them don’t care.

The Halo 3 comparisons are so stale. It was an ice age ago. Conditions then are very different from those at work today. Environment aside, there’s game quality to consider as well. H3 was Bungie’s Opus. H4 is 343’s first game. Aside from Halo in the title, this has always been an apples to oranges comparison.

Very few games get to claim Halo 3’s population, and I think it’s clear from launch that Halo 4 was nothing like Halo 3.

I don’t see Halo 4’s population improving from here on out. The game isn’t durable enough, the original fanbase didn’t drink the Kool Aid, and things like GTAV are just going to add to the desiccation.

Honestly, I’d like to see 343 put more resources into making Halo 5 the best it can be rather than trying to add a few hundred players to Halo 4.

>

I’m not sure if you’re addressing the OP or some of the following posts, but if it is the former then you are misunderstanding my motivation for asking.

I wasn’t wanting to compare in order to vindicate an opinion or validate the idea that one game is or isn’t better.

I’m wanting to see a comprehensive report on the CURRENT population behaviors so I can figure out which game will generally provide a better matchmaking experience. The reports that Reach’s population counter is broken and the fact that at any given time I can only test one game undermines any effort to try to test them on my end.

Ultimately I’m wanting to have the knowledge to select the most positive experience.

It’s 11th in the Top 20

> It’s 11th in the Top 20

Yeah. i had seen that. I guess I commented on it in another thread and forgot this one.