Population debate

I don’t pay close attention to the population, as long as my friend are playing I am happy, however I have 3 points to make

1. It could be due to the fact that the maps get replayed to much and some are waiting for new map packs.

2. People may also be bored of the playlist and want things like doubles, BTB skirmish or FFA. I am very annoyed with the playlist myself and it makes me not want to even play matchmaking most days. I miss multi team and others, one thing that was awesome for past halo is there was a playlist for every party size not just 4,5 and 8… U could play with 2,3,4,5,6, or 8 in reach.

3. Finally, I am really sick of reading post about ppl not playing because work or school. When has work or school ever kept gamers from gaming… In my personal experience it is the opposite effect where people are skipping work and school to play… I have a girlfriend, two jobs, and a college student… I have still played 70 hours of halo 4. The biggest thing is these issues don’t affect COD numbers, and the ppl playing that are playing COD everyday are also in school and/or work.

343i lost its population in my opinion due to the release of COD. People got exactly what they expected with COD. They got playlist they loved and the ability to go through every single rank right off the bat. COD also has more maps and less complaints on their forum. I have never played BLOP 2, but with halo 4 becoming increasingly boring I have been contemplating picking it up for zombies and the great thing about COD is I will get exactly what I paid for. Or at least I will know what my money is getting me…

It’s obvious 343i wanted to appeal to casual gamers, the problem is the casual gamers want more options and become bored quickly, so most of them left to play COD. Therefor all that is left playing halo is the hardcore halo fans who want the game to get better (myself)

Or it could be that Halo 4 counts matchmaking only.

And Reach and 3 counted EVERYONE ONLINE!

Multiple things:

A) Population is fine.
B) All these reach playlists that everyone loves so dearly happened at least a month after release.
C) I would say a sizable portion of COD fanbase are children.
D) And yes its affected by COD because every Halo was released in September rather than November.
E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.

As long as you’re getting into a game quick enough; Does it MATTER what the population size is?

> E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.

Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.

> > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
>
> Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.

I forgot to add Custom Games too.

I’m not sad enough to skip college or work to play. Most people won’t skip work or education this far after release either.

Is it plausible that 300,000+ people are playing things other than war games? No

You guys really think there are that many people playing campaign and spartan ops? Campaign took 5 hours to beat. Spartan ops is already recycling the same maps/missions over and over.
There is really no debate to be had here. The numbers speak for themselves. Op is completely correct. 343 tried to make the game appeal to the cod crew, it did not. Now we have the reach population playing halo 4, which was supposed to cater to the cod kids.
When they bring back rank, take out all the stuff they thought would make Halo “better”( insta-spanws, ordnance drops, no static weapons on maps, no custom options), there might be a good game down deep.

> I’m not sad enough to skip college or work to play. Most people won’t skip work or education this far after release either.

I’m married, I have a daughter, I have a decent payin job, I have my own house and 2 cars. I took off work for halo 4 release day. How exactly an I a sad individual because I took a vacation day to play a game?

> > > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
> >
> > Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.
>
> I forgot to add Custom Games too.

Sweet, Idk where u get ur info but I think the debate is more about the number it says next to the playlist name in the playlist menu not what halocharts says… There are numbers on playlist menu in reach and in halo 4… If u compare these numbers reach had more ppl playing months after release than halo 4 has right now.

> > > > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
> > >
> > > Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.
> >
> > I forgot to add Custom Games too.
>
> Sweet, Idk where u get ur info but I think the debate is more about the number it says next to the playlist name in the playlist menu not what halocharts says… There are numbers on playlist menu in reach and in halo 4… If u compare these numbers reach had more ppl playing months after release than halo 4 has right now.

Are you sure you were counting the playlist numbers for Reach. Or seeing the total players ONLINE population in the matchmaking lobby, which tells you literally how many players that are online, NOT just matchmaking.

> I’m not sad enough to skip college or work to play. Most people won’t skip work or education this far after release either.

Who said anything about skipping school or work. Yes I’m sure some ppl did the launch week like myself and another member on this post. But I also worked my butt off to have A’s when halo came out so I could take it easy the last month and get my B. Some ppl may not study as much, pick up that extra shift at work, or just be more likely to call in if they don’t feel well. People are not doing these same things for COD… There population isn’t affected school, work and real life?

> > > > > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
> > > >
> > > > Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.
> > >
> > > I forgot to add Custom Games too.
> >
> > Sweet, Idk where u get ur info but I think the debate is more about the number it says next to the playlist name in the playlist menu not what halocharts says… There are numbers on playlist menu in reach and in halo 4… If u compare these numbers reach had more ppl playing months after release than halo 4 has right now.
>
> Are you sure you were counting the playlist numbers for Reach. Or seeing the total players ONLINE population in the matchmaking lobby, which tells you literally how many players that are online, NOT just matchmaking.

I guess I wasn’t clear… In halo 4 when u select find a game, there is a list of all playlist and the number of ppl playing… Now in reach it will also tell you how many ppl are playing EACH playlist. These numbers do not include forge, customs, campaign, or spartan ops.

> > > > > > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
> > > > >
> > > > > Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.
> > > >
> > > > I forgot to add Custom Games too.
> > >
> > > Sweet, Idk where u get ur info but I think the debate is more about the number it says next to the playlist name in the playlist menu not what halocharts says… There are numbers on playlist menu in reach and in halo 4… If u compare these numbers reach had more ppl playing months after release than halo 4 has right now.
> >
> > Are you sure you were counting the playlist numbers for Reach. Or seeing the total players ONLINE population in the matchmaking lobby, which tells you literally how many players that are online, NOT just matchmaking.
>
> I guess I wasn’t clear… In halo 4 when u select find a game, there is a list of all playlist and the number of ppl playing… Now in reach it will also tell you how many ppl are playing EACH playlist. These numbers do not include forge, customs, campaign, or spartan ops.

Whenever I counted those PLAYLIST numbers at PEAK hours in Reach(2 years ago), it was definately alot lower than Halo 4 at PEAK hours in Matchmaking’s PLAYLIST numbers. And there’s alot ALOT more games and competition for Halo 4, right now.

A lot of people -Yoinked!- about reach when it came out to

Halo: CE and Halo 2 were released in Nov. Halo 3 and Reach were released in Sep.

When has work or school ever kept gamers from gaming?

Only every weekday of my adult life.

The point that I’ve been trying to make is that population honestly does not dictate whether a game is good or not.

A game could be perfect and have a low population because people have DIFFERENT OPINIONS. I have plenty of friends who have said they simply don’t like Halo, they never said it was a terrible game, never said X game is better than Halo, they simply do not play it.

People need to…

1. Stop comparing Halo 4 to previous titles, this is ignorant and ineffective.

Halo 4 =/= Halo 2, stop acting like Halo 4 should be a carbon copy of Halo 2, go buy Halo 2 and play it.

1. Stop acting like population online is a direct relation to how good the game is.

Seriously, just because someone doesn’t like the game, doesn’t make it bad.

1. Use proper grammar.

It’s kinda hard to get a point across when NO ONE CAN READ IT.

/end rant

> > > > > > > E) Population count is only WarGames not campaign or Spartan OPs.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Finally someone who’s not me says this. And Reach and 3 counted everyone online, OP.
> > > > >
> > > > > I forgot to add Custom Games too.
> > > >
> > > > Sweet, Idk where u get ur info but I think the debate is more about the number it says next to the playlist name in the playlist menu not what halocharts says… There are numbers on playlist menu in reach and in halo 4… If u compare these numbers reach had more ppl playing months after release than halo 4 has right now.
> > >
> > > Are you sure you were counting the playlist numbers for Reach. Or seeing the total players ONLINE population in the matchmaking lobby, which tells you literally how many players that are online, NOT just matchmaking.
> >
> > I guess I wasn’t clear… In halo 4 when u select find a game, there is a list of all playlist and the number of ppl playing… Now in reach it will also tell you how many ppl are playing EACH playlist. These numbers do not include forge, customs, campaign, or spartan ops.
>
> Whenever I counted those PLAYLIST numbers at PEAK hours in Reach(2 years ago), it was definately alot lower than Halo 4 at PEAK hours in Matchmaking’s PLAYLIST numbers. And there’s alot ALOT more games and competition for Halo 4, right now.

That is just untrue! There was 50,000+ playing halo reach in team slayer alone. Now in Halo 4 there is around 35,000 playing big team and infinity respectively, there are around 20,000 in SWAT. Every other playlist has no more than 5,000 at a time and that is being generous. Halo reach had around 12 more playlist and most were over 10,000, things like snipers, skirmish, multi team, action sack, griff ball, doubles, infection, regular free for all. There was also playlist in reach that had lower numbers like 4, like MLG, squad battle, or ranked slayer.