Population by the end of the year

With GTA 5 and the new consoles coming out, it seems apparent that Halo 4’s population will dwindle even further than it already has. My guess would be by the next generation release, we will see the population drop to below 15,000. What do you guys think?

Gta 5 is crap so no

Didn’t Sony leak GTA5 practically? That had seem to bring down the people who actually wanted to play it from numerous posts on YouTube and other game sites.

Of course. It’s obvious that most people are only playing Halo 4 because it’s one of the best new games out right now. If they liked it enough for them to keep playing past the next wave of hit games, they would’ve bought the DLC.

Everyone’s complaining about the Halo 4 Game of the Year edition including some of the previously-exclusive content, but a few weeks after it’s released, Halo 4 will be a ghost town.

Well, the halo 4 Goty edition might bring a few players, but for the most part, good games aren’t coming for a bit. But next year, Halo 4 will be dead.

The majority of games will be affected by new games and new consoles coming out. Halo is no exception nor is it exclusive to this inevitable outcome just because it is Halo.

> Gta 5 is crap so no

So what brand of time machine do you use? DeLorean? TARDIS? Obviously you played the game and surely didn’t form an uneducated opinion without any merit. I mean that would be silly, right?

But yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Halo 4 dip below 15,000 myself. It could very well hit Reach levels. Maybe.

> Gta 5 is crap so no

So because you consider a game to be crap, that automatically means it isn’t going to harm Halo 4’s population at all?

New Xbox Console WILL harm the population. FACT.
New GTA game which (at this point) is a more popular series than Halo WILL harm the population. FACT.
PS4 WILL harm the population. FACT.

Honestly, I can see the populations dropping to the 10,000 - 15,000 range. Mid 2014 it will be about 7,500 -12,500

> > Gta 5 is crap so no
>
> So because you consider a game to be crap, that automatically means it isn’t going to harm Halo 4’s population at all?
>
> New Xbox Console WILL harm the population. FACT.
> New GTA game which (at this point) is a more popular series than Halo WILL harm the population. FACT.
> PS4 WILL harm the population. FACT.

Pretty much everything this guy said. Next generation of consoles, PLUS new COD game, PLUS new GTA game, PLUS the first wave of next-gen games, will all in fact bring the population to a dwindle at best. And it will stay that way unless they decide to release Halo 4 for the Xbox One, whether it be a downloadable game or a full-on disk.

I think the most amount of people we will have in Halo 4 by the end of the year is about 5-10k.

Sad, really.

GTA5? There are a number of different titles that could draw the Halo crowd into a different direction. If it were to happen in mass, I would think it would be due to “Destiny” being released. It is made by Bungie and looks like it will be a great game. Time will tell. Ultimately, I just hope everyone finds a game and system they enjoy.

Probably 17th september, halo 4 will be a desert.

I won’t get GTA5. GTA4 wasnt that surprising for me

> New Xbox Console WILL harm the population. FACT.
> New GTA game which (at this point) is a more popular series than Halo WILL harm the population. FACT.
> PS4 WILL harm the population. FACT.

Hah. “Highly probable” would be a more correct term.

Please don’t misuse the word “fact”; you’re contributing to the word’s triteness.

GTA 5 and COD: Ghosts will essentially kill off Halo 4 no doubt. In the run up to Halo 5, BTB and TS will probably the only playlists with enough players to sustain matches without waiting for 10 minutes.

If Halo 4 can lose 95% + of its original players in 6 months, think about what will happen in a years time.

That and Destiny. Since I don’t have a lot of time to devote to games, if H4 were worth a damn I would’ve stuck with the Halo franchise as my go to shooter (been with Halo since the beginning, read all the books, wear the pajamas, yadayadayada)but H4 was such a big letdown that I stopped playing within a month.
I like to think that 343 learned from their mistakes and H5 will be better, but some of us gamers are fickle. I see video games as a great way to waste time, so if I feel like a game is wasting what little time I devote to wasting time I move on.

H4 is nearly tied for daily peak population with Halo Reach now.

I’ve never seen a Halo game have such low numbers so quickly after release. A this rate, we might even see H4 being offered as one of the “XBL Free Games” by November.

15k by year’s end.

343 has been buoying the population with tournaments, map packs, forge island, TU’s. They’re adept at at this practice. Matchmaking pop. has held around 30k for a few months now.

I belive their last attempt in boosting the numbers is the GOTY release which is priced low enough to attract new customers. After that, I don’t expect anymore TU’s or massive tournaments since xbox one and H5 will be the focus of attention.

TitanFall, GTA, the next COD, and the Xbox One will all probably contribute to a dip in the population. Yes, it will affect all games BUT Halo has a problem with an already low population. Games already tend to be either mismatched or laggy, both of which can be attributed to a lower population. The good news is, I think most of the people who still play Halo are people who will stick with the game regardless of what else comes out. The Xbox One is the only thing I can see taking away a large chunk of the population.

My prediction it will be below 10k. Why choose Halo 4 when there are many games that are better.