poor warthog, look what they did to you.

I know the fact that the Hog is nothing more than a death trap now has been posted about enough. However, last night while playing BTB a Spartan driver sat in the Hog honking the horn, he looked sad and lonely so I was like, why not, maybe this time it will be different. Of course it wasn’t, I am not sure if the gun is underpowered or that auto aim just makes you blast bullets at random enemy Spartans, but what ever it is it just doesn’t work. So no more than 30 seconds of making my horrible decision we were plasma nade’ed to death while I ponder what the hell happen to the Warthog.

They gave upgrades to the infantry but stuck you with a 2001 lemon. They should’ve allowed AAs to transfer to the vehicles.

some questions:

-did your driver use the warthog as a snowplow or a military jeep?

-did your driver give you enough space to engage a target?

-did your driver stop moving whenever you were shooting at something?

-do you use the Minigun turret as the equivalent of a shotgun? or a battle rifle?

I played a round of BTB on Exile yesterday. Was on red team and we got our butts handed to us by a pair using the Gauss Hog. The guy on the turret had only 1 death the whole match and something like 48 kills.

Its all about using them correctly.

Hog has been pathetic paper trash since Reach… DMR can tear it to shreds and make it flip end over end.

> I played a round of BTB on Exile yesterday. Was on red team and we got our butts handed to us by a pair using the Gauss Hog. The guy on the turret had only 1 death the whole match and something like 48 kills.
>
> Its all about using them correctly.

Guass isn’t the problem. Chain gun is too weak to be useful. Reg hog is a death trap no amount of good driving can help that rolling turd.

I suspected that connections have a lot to do with your fragile 'Hogs.
The 'Hog is far from weak and will definitely take 2 stickies before exploding, if full health of course. Heck, it will take a rocket to the nose and splatter the rocketeer.
You must have a bad connection, seem to have bad luck with drivers, or have yet to learn the difference between a well coordinated team vs. driving without regard if you feel the 'Hogs are weak. They can take a punishment and do their job… But chances are if you’ve been running around for 3min and have smoke coming out your hood… Perhaps you should get a new 'Hog?

> Guass isn’t the problem. Chain gun is too weak to be useful. Reg hog is a death trap no amount of good driving can help that rolling turd.

You’re probably right. I usually stay away from them, not necessarily because of the guns, but because of the drivers. I’m no expert myself, but it seems every time I got on the gun, the drive was insane. I think I’ve been killed more beside the hog due to a flip and being shot than actually being blown up. :slight_smile:

> > Guass isn’t the problem. Chain gun is too weak to be useful. Reg hog is a death trap no amount of good driving can help that rolling turd.
>
> You’re probably right. I usually stay away from them, not necessarily because of the guns, but because of the drivers. I<mark>'m no expert myself, but it seems every time I got on the gun, the drive was insane</mark>. I think I’ve been killed more beside the hog due to a flip and being shot than actually being blown up. :slight_smile:

this is the problem

few people know how to use a warthog

everyone… EVERYONE i find uses the Warthog as a snowplow, only going for splatters, not helping their gunner

and then they complain when they get stuck by a plasma

The main issue with the Hog is that it is not a vehicle most randoms can use efficiently.

Not being able to talk with your gunner (because speaking to randoms is basically pointless) is a huge setback.

The hog was so badass in Halo 3, that sound was mean when you heard that turret!

> I played a round of BTB on Exile yesterday. Was on red team and we got our butts handed to us by a pair using the Gauss Hog. The guy on the turret had only 1 death the whole match and something like 48 kills.
>
> Its all about using them correctly.

Was driving for a guy the other day, did that, ‘II ARE TUCKER X’ was gunning, very good aim hardly missed and all I had to do was drive around at medium speed, look out for trouble and toot the horn for targets directly in front. Hog only asspolded a minuite to the end, Tuck got a total of 53 kills almost all with the Gauss cannon and I came points 2nd with 39 wheelman assists - not bad for just driving… Normally I get into a hog as a gunner and the driver kamikaze’s into a wall or I drive and the gunner can’t shoot for -Yoink-.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/Lunar Wolf 001/home/match-34285de455615310

My opinion the Hog needs 15% more damage resistance and the AA gun needs a serious buff, the Gausshog is the only one worth using.

The gauss holds its own bc its point and shoot to kill…immediately… don’t clown… The OP is talking about the chainhog that takes at least a good three seconds to kill.

I drove a teammate in the Gauss earlier today on Exile and got him a Perfection, it’s all about being a smart driver which apparently is asking too much of the general H4 population. We would’ve won the match too but some idiot on our team decided he didn’t like us controlling the map (Tank spawn to Banshee spawn) and blew it up, costing us the win. Went back and watched the theater to see who it was and surprise surprise he was the guy constantly running out into the open and getting DMRed to death. -__-

> Was driving for a guy the other day, did that, ‘II ARE TUCKER X’ was gunning, very good aim hardly missed and all I had to do was drive around at medium speed, look out for trouble and toot the horn for targets directly in front. Hog only asspolded a minuite to the end, Tuck got a total of 53 kills almost all with the Gauss cannon and I came points 2nd with 39 wheelman assists - not bad for just driving… Normally I get into a hog as a gunner and the driver kamikaze’s into a wall or I drive and the gunner can’t shoot for Yoink!.
>
> .

clear example of the warthog not being a pile of crap on wheels
and that most of the fault is at the carelessness of the users

> and toot the horn for targets directly in front.

i knew i wasn’t the only one to do this

The Gauss Hog isn’t the problem, though. It’s insanely easy to rack up kills with that thing. It is very accurate, has great range and has one-shot kills.

The Turret Warthog is weak. Its range isn’t as good and it gets wrecked by the DMR. Not to mention everybody spawns with plasma pistols and stickies. The time it takes to kill a person with the Turret Hog leaves you incredibly vulnerable to the plasma/sticky combo. And if they miss the first time, they’ll get you when they respawn instantly with restocked stickies.

Use gunner/wheelman supports.

> clear example of the warthog not being a pile of crap on wheels
> and that most of the fault is at the carelessness of the users

THE GAUSS HOG IS EASY TO KILL WITH. My god, I cant believe youre using the Gauss Hog as your arguement against the OP.

The Chainhog has been rendered useless by the fact everybody spawns with PPs and stickies. If you manage to kill them, they can try again instantly. Not to mention the DMR wrecks youo.

Don’t forget about the loud engine.

As for the Gauss Hog, that thing is pretty much nerfed in the campaign because of MP complaints. :confused: