Poor graphic pop in ruins the experience

343 I Was so disappointed by the pop in graphics & textures from the start really disappointed now hope there will be a patch to fix this in the future here’s hoping :frowning:

Not to mention the 30 fps animations on enemies from not too far away.

zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.

Please don’t complain about 60-30fps 1080p-720p Its barely a difference and when there is one, its not a game changer :\

> 2639162995943885;3:
> zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.

Okay, let’s accept terrible campaign optimization because multiplayer is the focus.

> 2639162995943885;3:
> zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.

Because I can totally play H5 on a pc right? Right?

Agreed, pop up really annoying, not to speak about bad shadows and low res texture, it looks like a 360 title. I’m impressed about how bad it looks and how much those problems affect the gameplay (campaign). I’m really sad about

> 2533274827537767;4:
> Please don’t complain about 60-30fps 1080p-720p Its barely a difference and when there is one, its not a game changer :\

I haven’t played it, nor will I anytime soon. But if it truly drops below 60fps, then people have every right to complain. This emphasis on keeping a persistent 60fps is why 343 cut out split screen. If they cut that out and then cut a lot of corners on the reason they cut it out, I don’t imagine people will be too happy.

> 2811398874529013;8:
> > 2533274827537767;4:
> > Please don’t complain about 60-30fps 1080p-720p Its barely a difference and when there is one, its not a game changer :
>
>
> I haven’t played it, nor will I anytime soon. But if it truly drops below 60fps, then people have every right to complain. This emphasis on keeping a persistent 60fps is why 343 cut out split screen. If they cut that out and then cut a lot of corners on the reason they cut it out, I don’t imagine people will be too happy.

The frame rate is surprisingly solid, but the graphics suffer greatly as a result.

> 2811398874529013;8:
> > 2533274827537767;4:
> > Please don’t complain about 60-30fps 1080p-720p Its barely a difference and when there is one, its not a game changer :
>
>
> I haven’t played it, nor will I anytime soon. But if it truly drops below 60fps, then people have every right to complain. This emphasis on keeping a persistent 60fps is why 343 cut out split screen. If they cut that out and then cut a lot of corners on the reason they cut it out, I don’t imagine people will be too happy.

This was exactly my thought…

> 2811398874529013;8:
> > 2533274827537767;4:
>
>

The framerate is actually very stable, only really drops a few in load zones, the resolution does get very close to 720p though.

SUCH a TROLL POST! GO MAKE your own video game

It’s the xbox one, gurl.
What did you expect?

Slowdowns and popins are in any console game that tries to be in interesting and have a lot going on.
As Arron Rogers would say relax :slight_smile:

My problem is the texture pop in and the missing animations on enemies. It’s really bad. I played one Slayer Map and it looked worst than the BETA. There were no textures anywhere.

> 2533274808311049;5:
> > 2639162995943885;3:
> > zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.
>
>
> Okay, let’s accept terrible campaign optimization because multiplayer is the focus.

It’s less an issue of optimisation and more to do with the fact that the console simply isn’t powerful enough. They had to make some sacrifices in order to keep the game running at a stable 60 fps. This included texture filtering and reducing frames of animation in NPCs and players at further distances, and the dynamic resolution system. With all that happens on screen at once, while trying to keep a solid 60fps, there were bound to be some sacrifces made. The above, as well as the game not looking quite as impressive as other Xbox One games.

I can look past the lack of texture filtering, the pop-in, and jittery animations at a distance, and this is because I value a smooth and stable 60fps, a fast and responsive game, first and foremost. They could have very well locked the game to 30 and increased the visual fidelity all around, but they understand that 60fps is extremely important in a game, especially an FPS, and I’m glad they were willing to do what it took to ensure they met that.

As pointed out in the Digital Foundry video there are some serious pop-in issues. Hopefully they can improve the situation with some patches. It seems to me that they should have budged a little with the 60fps sometimes in order to prevent bad pop-in issues like this.

> 2533274816744979;16:
> > 2533274808311049;5:
> > > 2639162995943885;3:
> > > zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.
> >
> >
> > Okay, let’s accept terrible campaign optimization because multiplayer is the focus.
>
>
> It’s less an issue of optimisation and more to do with the fact that the console simply isn’t powerful enough.

Which circles back to optimization (and what to prioritize). Sure, have a couple dozen ships in the distant background render fully at 60 frames, but those enemies just outside radar range? Drop them to 30.

Maybe loading up the first-person helmets with a bunch of triangles just to apply heavy DOF isn’t the best use of resources.

The point I was initially getting at was about not accepting lower standards in an important mode just because another important mode has more longevity.

> 2533274808311049;18:
> > 2533274816744979;16:
> > > 2533274808311049;5:
> > > > 2639162995943885;3:
> > > > zzzzzz get a pc… this is console gaming you aren’t going to get everything perfect. Halo is about the multiplayer anyway.
> > >
> > >
> > > Okay, let’s accept terrible campaign optimization because multiplayer is the focus.
> >
> >
> > It’s less an issue of optimisation and more to do with the fact that the console simply isn’t powerful enough.
>
>
> Which circles back to optimization (and what to prioritize). Sure, have a couple dozen ships in the distant background render fully at 60 frames, but those enemies just outside radar range? Drop them to 30.
> Maybe loading up the first-person helmets with a bunch of triangles just to apply heavy DOF isn’t the best use of resources.
> The point I was initially getting at was about not accepting lower standards in an important mode just because another important mode has more longevity.

Again, it isn’t about not doing a good job at opitmisation. They’ve already made a lot of sacrifices just to get it running as it does on this console. It’s a fault of the hardware not being powerful enough. They did drop the framerate of enemies the further away they were. They did this for all characters at further distances. That was one of the ways in which they helped keep the framerate stable.