Poll: Who else is sitting on the sidelines today?

Are you sitting out on the campaign today? If so, why?

• Can’t support monetization
  • Couldn’t get Xbox Series X and won’t compromise
  • Concerns about campaign visuals or technical aspects
  • Concerns about campaign plot/writing
  • Unhappy about lack of co-op or forge

0 voters

1 Like

I haven’t seen any last gen footage so I am waiting on DF’s video.

2 Likes

Why no option for not sitting on sidelines and playing now?

4 Likes

Where is the “I am at work all day and feeling left out” option? lol joking but I am gonna be playing tonight at least.

3 Likes

I think your question should read “If so, why?” for it to make sense with the options you provided.

3 Likes

Campaign is great so far. Yall should just play and stop being so negative lmao

3 Likes

I’m in a weird place about it! I’m excited to try it, although expecting a bit of disappointment. I just don’t have a new xbox to play it on.

Waiting for all the reviews to make a better judgement call to see if it’s worth purchasing.

Also waiting for my 49" 1000R Curved 240hz 1ms Monitor to come so should I purchase the campaign, I can enjoy it in its 32:9 aspect glory :smiley:

3 Likes

If there was a “Can’t afford it” option, I would’ve voted.

2 Likes

That is understandable. Im playing on Series X and it looks amazing. Story has been a blast so far so I wouldn’t worry about that, way better than Halo 4/5. Is it the best? Not sure, I don’t think it holds up to Halo 2 but we’ll see

1 Like

Well i’m not buying it till after christmas so hopefully by then it’s a better game, or that will be MY LAST purchase.

2 Likes

No co-op pass available in the store? Play with your pals $19.99

2 Likes

Monetization is the stickler for me. First Halo I’m not buying at launch since 2009; I’ll just play through gamespass. Even earned enough rewards points for a $10 Xbox store card but I’m even less inclined to buy the battle pass now.

2 Likes

Excited to try it, apprehensive because of the trainwreck this last week has been. Ske7ch and others left a bad taste in my mouth.

To be clear, I’m a die-hard Halo fan like most of you, but I’m holding off until I see some plot, and get a better idea of what kind of support this game is seeing later on. I hope they fix the MP shop.

Coop is a key cornerstone of this game for me, and it’s just not as fun playing Halo by myself anymore. I get that designing coop architecture is hard because they’re juggling multiple APIs and moving parts with their new engine, but playing by myself just isn’t as fun anymore.

3 Likes

Press play on game pass app and it just opens the microsoft store… Open the steam version, it doesn’t recognize that I have game pass…

Redownloading and reinstalling as we speak. Maybe I’ll get to play it, maybe not.

Edit: After reinstalling it worked and I haven’t had a problem since. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The lack of Co-Op and lack of mission replayability (unless you start over) are huge factors for me. While I don’t mind solo Halo campaigns, I find them much more enjoyable with a partner and am greatly disappointed that we can’t play together nor can we replay our favorite missions with just a click of a button.

3 Likes

Greatly disappointed in what was released for the MP and still very pissed off about them permanently removing access to Halo 5’s rotational playlists, so I’m not going to support purchasing Infinite’s campaign; at least, not any time soon. It’s the first Halo title since Combat Evolved that I didn’t pre-order a collector’s edition of.

2 Likes

I’m mostly waiting a bit for the lack of co-op (forge is multiplayer related so not much of a connection there for me). I don’t think I’ll wait the full 6 months though.
I’m also waiting because H5 story was a big pile of hot garbage. I learned my lesson buying the hype. If it is well received I’ll probably pick it up after Christmas.

1 Like

I want to play but I only get 9-17mb download and they didn’t go live until 6pm. So I can’t play until Thursday.

If you’re boycotting the campaign, I can’t say I understand your logic.

Can’t start remote install through the app at work so I’ll have to start it tonight when I get home and will be in bed by the time it finishes.