(POLL) Who do you think the ancient evil is?

So I have seen a lot of debate on whom the ancient evil is so i decided to make a poll on it to see what the majority think.

The Librarian.

halo needs a female villain.

^
isn’t Cortana enough ?

I’ll go with Faber (Master Builder) he’s a yoink guy I think

> The Librarian.
>
> halo needs a female villain.

I would like a female villain but, the librarian would be unlikely since she valued all life especially humanity so im not why she would want to attack them.

I voted other since the Primordial is dead i voted for Precursors.

Marty, The Grizzled Ancient.

It’s Master Cheif, yo.

“An ancient evil awakens”

“Wake up, John!”

Ah-doi!

Because I don’t feel like typing what is essentially the same thing over again:

Found this article on Halo 4’s campaign.

> Master Chief is facing off against what the Waypoint blurb refers to as “an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe”.
>
> We think this particular ancient evil may refer to the Prisoner, a mysterious figure from the far reaches of the Halo timeline. He’s huge and mighty and he has weird eyes, apparently. More importantly, he’s the last of the Precursors, the all-powerful alien race that came before the Forerunners.

I don’t know if this is something they got from 343 or it’s something that they came up with themselves, but it’s an indication that it’s a Precursor that’s trapped on Requiem.

> Because I don’t feel like typing what is essentially the same thing over again:
>
> Found this article on Halo 4’s campaign.
>
>
>
> > Master Chief is facing off against what the Waypoint blurb refers to as “an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe”.
> >
> > We think this particular ancient evil may refer to the Prisoner, a mysterious figure from the far reaches of the Halo timeline. He’s huge and mighty and he has weird eyes, apparently. More importantly, he’s the last of the Precursors, the all-powerful alien race that came before the Forerunners.
>
> I don’t know if this is something they got from 343 or it’s something that they came up with themselves, but it’s an indication that it’s a Precursor that’s trapped on Requiem.

That was my theory too, but I just found out that the “Prisoner” is dead. It was killed by the Didact in Halo Primordium, which was released in January of 2012. That article was posted in late December, 2011.

The Primordial was killed by the Didact at the end of Primordium.

> > Because I don’t feel like typing what is essentially the same thing over again:
> >
> > Found this article on Halo 4’s campaign.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Master Chief is facing off against what the Waypoint blurb refers to as “an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe”.
> > >
> > > We think this particular ancient evil may refer to the Prisoner, a mysterious figure from the far reaches of the Halo timeline. He’s huge and mighty and he has weird eyes, apparently. More importantly, he’s the last of the Precursors, the all-powerful alien race that came before the Forerunners.
> >
> > I don’t know if this is something they got from 343 or it’s something that they came up with themselves, but it’s an indication that it’s a Precursor that’s trapped on Requiem.
>
> That was my theory too, but I just found out that the “Prisoner” is dead. It was killed by the Didact in Halo Primordium, which was released in January of 2012. That article was posted in late December, 2011.

Actually, the being killed by Didact was referred to as ‘The Captive’, not ‘The Prisoner’. Could be that the Forerunners found another one. Or maybe what the Didact did wasn’t as permanent as we thought.

> > > Because I don’t feel like typing what is essentially the same thing over again:
> > >
> > > Found this article on Halo 4’s campaign.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Master Chief is facing off against what the Waypoint blurb refers to as “an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe”.
> > > >
> > > > We think this particular ancient evil may refer to the Prisoner, a mysterious figure from the far reaches of the Halo timeline. He’s huge and mighty and he has weird eyes, apparently. More importantly, he’s the last of the Precursors, the all-powerful alien race that came before the Forerunners.
> > >
> > > I don’t know if this is something they got from 343 or it’s something that they came up with themselves, but it’s an indication that it’s a Precursor that’s trapped on Requiem.
> >
> > That was my theory too, but I just found out that the “Prisoner” is dead. It was killed by the Didact in Halo Primordium, which was released in January of 2012. That article was posted in late December, 2011.
>
> Actually, the being killed by Didact was referred to as ‘The Captive’, not ‘The Prisoner’. Could be that the Forerunners found another one. Or maybe what the Didact did wasn’t as permanent as we thought.

I know. But what’s more likely, the possibility that they mislabeled the Captive as “the Prisoner”, or that there’s two creatures that match the exact same descriptions written in that article you linked, who are both being held by the Forerunners?

I need to finish Cryptum and Primordium.

> I know. But what’s more likely, the possibility that they mislabeled the Captive as “the Prisoner”, or that there’s two creatures that match the exact same descriptions written in that article you linked, who are both being held by the Forerunners?

I just found it curious that they named and described a creature related to the Precursors when all the evidence shown at that point was pointing to Forerunner enemies. Either they took a wild guess, or they saw or heard something that they probably weren’t meant to (343 is being understandably mum on that point).

I’m sticking with my theory of Faber(Master Builder), and the Didact is the enemy in Halo 4, not the whole trilogy. 343 said they haven’t revealed the ancient evil, right? What if the Didact’s sign is a reveal of sorts, and there is something else? I still think that the Precursors will play a role in this trilogy somehow though. Faber, Master Builder, Anti-Didact of some sorts, I don’t know how 343 comes up with this stuff, buts its intriguing and I commend them.

> > The Librarian.
> >
> > halo needs a female villain.
>
> I would like a female villain but, the librarian would be unlikely since she valued all life especially humanity so im not why she would want to attack them.

The Didact is equally unlikely. I think 343 is hiding something big.

> > I know. But what’s more likely, the possibility that they mislabeled the Captive as “the Prisoner”, or that there’s two creatures that match the exact same descriptions written in that article you linked, who are both being held by the Forerunners?
>
> I just found it curious that they named and described a creature related to the Precursors when all the evidence shown at that point was pointing to Forerunner enemies. Either they took a wild guess, or they saw or heard something that they probably weren’t meant to (343 is being understandably mum on that point).

What they did was read Halo: Cryptum. It’s the first of the Forerunner trilogy, released in January, 2011. I can see how they’d come to the conclusions that they did just by reading that book. Like I said, I had the same theory before I read that the Captive was dead.

I still think that something’s trapped on Requiem. Probably a Gravemind (which, apparently, is what the Captive was in the first place). My theory is: it took over Requiem and it’s defensive AI, so the Didact, out of desperation, somehow locked the exit doors of Requiem, trapping it and himself on Requiem. The exit doors can probably only be unlocked by a Forerunner or human. That’s why the Didact put himself in a Cryptum - Cryptums also can only be opened by a Forerunner. He locked himself away in order to keep the thing from using him to get out into the galaxy; hoping that eventually, some form of help would arrive, awake him, and help him retake Requiem.

At this point I still think the Flood is a possibility. Frankie only said this: “You won’t be fighting Flood in Halo 4.” You can actually interpret this in two ways:
-We won’t be fighting against Flood.
-We won’t be playing as fighting Flood.
I know it’s a shot in the dark but a wordplay like that would have a great potential to hide a possible plot twist. No one would expect it and a second Flood reveal at this point would rival the one in Halo CE. Since 343 is especially cunning at hiding stuff I still consder this a possibilty, albeit an unlikely one.

If not in Halo 4 I still think the Flood will return. We all know they’re not gone and they have so much more gameplay potential.

Team Faber!

Ah geez, I take it no one else thinks it’s Captain Keyes?.