Poll now that things are changing who would like it if they revisited the idea of a modernized halo mmorpg

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Revisited? When did they start?

If/when Infinite fails they are likely to pursue a different formula, I suspect they’d go for a Destiny styled game.

1 Like

they were making an mmorpg but then I think I heard microsoft had them scrap that and had them make halo wars instead

frankly I feel that they’d be better off making a survival type Halo game… something that’s a bit different from the typical hero fantasy they put out. MMORPG Halo sounds weird.

Would be down for an RPG, but have never been interested in an mmo

2 Likes

Similar to how open world halo doesn’t really work, I don’t think a military setting is really condusive to MMO’s. Usually an mmo hero is a random adventurer or otherwise the chosen one saviour, something that makes them stand out as the special and give them a degree of autonomy.

Meanwhile halo is primarily a military experience. Yes chief ends up on his own a fair number of itmes, but he doesn’t just wander around saving the world and grinding dailies.

1 Like

I mean destiny is classified as an mmorpg I think. you can have a kinda haloish own style mmorpg. also chief does grind missions missions are his life

masterchief is the special with a bit of autonomy and he grinds missions like crazy thats all he does in his life mainly

1 Like

2 Likes

Not really my thing. And I prefer Halo’s canon to be ad clear and defined as possible. So if there were various choices it could get messy.

Then Halo 5 could be the MMO because Chief goes AWOL.

well, I can appreciate the motivation to develop a model for sending bipedal humanoid robots with autonomous and VR/omnidirectional treadmill equipment on mmorpg-like quests for Mercs to supplement NATO operations BUT

I really really like halo 3 style campaign though and Destiny titles disinterest me.

Bonnie being gone is good news but it’s not great news until we know who replaces her. I have zero confidence in Microsoft’s decision making.

I just want to to see the old Mega Construx idea revisited. The idea sounds impossibly stupid on paper, but from the footage we have it actually looked really fun.

I heard that its some guy who worked on fixing MCC after the armageddon that was its launch.

they already have their replacements 3 people

An RPG based on Noble 6 after Halo Reach would be interesting. A spartan with a damaged suit trying to get back to the UNSC.

1 Like

A hard pass from me. 343 needs to focus on making Halo a premiere frenetic FPS like it used to be.
Also, the idea of Master Chief “grinding” menial tasks, or any other Spartan for that matter, just seems insulting.

Im all for a pure Halo multiplayer experience.
The single player can actually be seperated from the multiplayer game.
I dont see the need for a combined Halo experience, single player and multiplayer always seems like different game anyway.
So why not split the two apart.
Make both a great single player and multiplayer game by splitting it up in two different packages.
In that way one game can be completed before the other one!

But isn’t that exactly what they did? Or are you being sarcastic? I have trouble picking up on sarcasm when I’m comunicating with someone over typing like this, so either option is concievable.