Poll for Next Halo instalment

Vote Yes or no

No. As much as I don’t like the idea of buying the Xbox One, it’s got more processing power and memory than the 360.

Simply put, the 360 couldn’t keep up with the newer game.

Nope.

Like what Silent said, the X1 has much higher processing abilities than the 360.

And the Xbox One would likely lose sales because Halo 5 is the only thing that’s making me -and a lot of other people- buy an Xbox One…

I voted yes for the poll but now that I read the two comments above, I’ll say No.

Definitely not. The game would suffer so much due to several reasons. Needing to be on the Xbox 360 as well as the Xbox One would limit the game’s potential, due to needing to run on both systems. There would be less features, less advanced AI, less detail, etc. Not to mention that all the time making the 360 version would take away from the work being done on the X1 version.

Consoles are advancing into the future, old hardware should not hold back the games.

Yes and it should be Halo 2 Anniversary. The last hurrah!

> Yes and it should be Halo 2 Anniversary. The last hurrah!

I can agree with this! I would love to see Halo 2 Anniversary on the Xbox 360 that includes a map pack for Halo 4, just like what Halo Anniversary did for Halo Reach.

Hardware moves on. Are you still using the same computer from 2005?

> Yes and it should be Halo 2 Anniversary. The last hurrah!

Why not on Xbone. It could look even more MORE better.

> > Yes and it should be Halo 2 Anniversary. The last hurrah!
>
> Why not on Xbone. It could look even more MORE better.

True, but H2A on the Xbone would force me to get one whether I want to or not! Brilliant marketing technique! :smiley:

> Definitely not. The game would suffer so much due to several reasons. Needing to be on the Xbox 360 as well as the Xbox One would limit the game’s potential, due to needing to run on both systems. There would be less features, less advanced AI, less detail, etc. Not to mention that all the time making the 360 version would take away from the work being done on the X1 version.
>
> Consoles are advancing into the future, old hardware should not hold back the games.

Completely agree with this!

If it works on the 360 it’s not really next gen. No thank you, and if you plan on buying just the PS4 or not buying the Xbox One you must reap the consequences.

“Halo Xbox One”, Halo 4 brings the Xbox 360 to its limits, it’s time to move on

I think it should be, not everyone will have the Xbox One, and for different reasons, they can’t afford it, they don’t want it etc etc,

I do not think it will hold the game back either, titles like Destiny, BF 4 and others have been announced as both current and next gen titles,

Also if DICE manage to do what they are trying to, it would mean the current gen gamers have an incentive to work toward getting a next gen console, if it could work for BF4 why not Halo ?

BF4 Stat transfer a possibility.

> I think it should be, not everyone will have the Xbox One, and for different reasons, they can’t afford it, they don’t want it etc etc,
>
> I do not think it will hold the game back either, titles like Destiny, BF 4 and others have been announced as both current and next gen titles,
>
> Also if DICE manage to do what they are trying to, it would mean the current gen gamers have an incentive to work toward getting a next gen console, if it could work for BF4 why not Halo ?
>
> BF4 Stat transfer a possibility.

Because with BF3 it was hardly pushing the 360 to its limits, Halo 4 is, they put Halo Xbox One on the 360 and the 360 will probably blow up

Well, they defiantly can’t do as much on the 360, and Halo 5 might be a driving factor in the Xbox One’s sales

> And the Xbox One would likely lose sales because Halo 5 is the only thing that’s making me -and a lot of other people- buy an Xbox One…

I’m buying an Xbox One because it looks to be the better console. Unfortunately, because of the outrage that people had we are now stuck with next-gen consoles that are only an upgrade in hardware.

I say we are stuck, but what I meant is console gamers are stuck. Whilst I will be buying an Xbox One, I will be playing on PC, because “issues” like DRM and internet connectivity aren’t even issues at all.

OT: No, Halo 4 suffered not being on next-gen hardware, so why do it again with another game?

The current dual-platform (360&one) games work that way because they are launch titles. Halo 5 will likely be popping in November of 2014, a whole year after the one launched, just like halo 3.