Poll: Do you like the new Sniper Rifle?

It looks… Different. Sounds a bit different too. Ill have to wait and get used to it.

its going to work the same and it looks cooler to me, its not like its a water gun now

It looks like a DMR with the classic sniper scope strapped onto the side. I really don’t like it…

it’s definitly different. I’ll get used to it. it kinda looks strange, but it also looks cool. i think it’s because every other Sniper Rifle in Halo didn’t look like that. as long as it works like Halo 3 and sounds like CEA’s (which it don’t, it sounds more like a suppressed version), I won’t complain… although that white circle in the middle when zoomed, mesa don’t like that.

I’d be complaining more about the sound than the look.

Looks neat

It looks pretty awful. I hope the Beam Rifle is in Halo 4, because if it is, I’ll be using only it for sniping.

I hate it. No wait, I despise it.

-It does the bloom animation between shots and during the reload, like Reach.
-The rate of fire is the slowest of a Halo Sniper.
-The sound to it. Sounds nothing like our old Snipers.
-There no longer is a trail to the shot.
-The recoil is massive. Much more recoil than the Halo 3 Sniper.
-The 2x scoped reticule is a mess. Those two semi circles close to the reticule are not needed, and it feels cluttered.
-The gun unscoped could be the ugliest gun I’ve seen in the first person shooter. It looks like they put a radio on the gun.

It could be the worst thing I’ve seen about Halo 4, so far.

> its going to work the same and it looks cooler to me, its not like its a water gun now

It does not work the same. It has a slower rate of fire and strong recoil added. Not a fan.

I dislike the mechanical tumor on it’s right side.
It’ll probably make no-scoping difficult and aggravating.

> -The rate of fire is the slowest of a Halo Sniper.
> -The recoil is massive. Much more recoil than the Halo 3 Sniper.

Remember back when they said getting shot while in zoom won’t break zoom? And everyone complained that the sniper would be overpowered because of it?

When clearly they took steps to make sure that won’t happen but now that is being -Yoinked!- about.

Post a link of a clip of it and I’ll tell you if I like it or not,

> > its going to work the same and it looks cooler to me, its not like its a water gun now
>
> It does not work the same. It has a slower rate of fire and strong recoil added. Not a fan.

to me that makes it seem like a bigger weapon

ehhh, if there was an option in the poll saying, “its okay.” I would select that.

The changes in the functioning in the sniper rifle are probably the most concerning thing I have heard about the game so far. Weapons have looked good gameplay wise so far. Anything else I may have had concerns about (such as ordinance drops) can be removed/tweaked in custom game options.

But the core gameplay mechanics of a weapon like this cannot be altered that we know of (assuming 343 doesn’t give us complete control over sandbox weapons in the game options such as removing recoil, adjusting rate of fire, and damage). This could irreversibly damage the game, especially when it comes to a weapons as iconic widely and loved as the sniper rifle.

don’t know if it’s the detail or the lighting but it’s effing -Yoink!-.

I like the looks but maybe change the color to be a bit more flashy. Also the sound should have been like the CE anniversary sound. That thing sounded like a cannon from god was firing down at you, this one seems more like… I dunno, a stapler?

I think it looks pretty sweet. Sure, it doesn’t look like a traditional Halo sniper, but very interesting nonetheless. Looks kinda steampunk. I just like the design. It looks “tank-y”. Like the new, larger Elephant-type thing (mammoth). My only complaints are that it’s a little big, and the reticles are a bit annoying. If it was scaled down a bit and one of the inner reticle display things was removed, I would simply love it. I like it as it is, though.

I saw all the complaints about it before I got a look at it, so I was expecting the worst. But when I saw the actual thing I don’t see what all the fuss is about, it doesn’t look anywhere near as bad as how some folks were describing it. I know everyone has their own opinions and tastes, but damn it does seem like people are complaining just for the sake of complaining too. :confused:

it doesn’t look hal esque at all. i could forgive the slow firing or the bullet trail being gone. but un scoped it just… “shudders” i doubt ill be doing much if any sniping.

I just wish the mini screen by the scope would show something like what this one has. Like night vision, but it shows the outlining of figures. Other than that cosmetic feature, it looks alright.