Poll [382 votes]: Reach DLC idea: the old Sandtrap concept. ***PLEASE EVERYONE READ***

THIS IS A THREAD IN WHICH I POSTED ON BUNGIE.NET ONE DAY AGO. SINCE THEN IT HAS GAINED MASS POPULARITY AND AFTER FINDING OUT THAT 343 STUDIOS NOW IS WORKING ON ALL REACH DLC I WAS TOLD TO PUT THIS HERE. SINCE THE CHARACTER CAP IS SUBSTANTIALLY SMALLER PER-POST ON THIS SITE, I WILL BREAK IT UP INTO MULTIPLE SECTIONS. KEEP IN MIND THAT IT WILL FOLLOW THE SAME PATTERN THAT THE OP DID ON BUNGIE.NET, AND THE INDEX IS THE SAME. THANK YOU.

Poll: Reach DLC idea: the old Sandtrap concept. PLEASE EVERYONE READ
i would like this to be made.: 94%(359 Votes)i would not like this to be made.: 6%(23 Votes)Total Votes: 382

GUYS IT IS LOOKING REALLY GOOD SO FAR MANY POEPLE ARE VOTING YES; HOWEVER WENEED REPLIES TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS IN REPLY FORM AS WELL AS VOTING. THANKS.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL COMMUNITY MEMBERS:

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW I CAN CONTACT OR IF YOU CAN CONTACT 343 PLEASE FIND SOME SORT OF EMAIL AND EITHER RELAY THAT ADDRESS TO ME OR LINK THIS THREAD INTO IT YOUSELF.

*****Guys! Please keep this thread alive! I would really like Bungie to notice it, for it is a good idea.Please leave your thoughts in reply-form as well, because voting does NOT bump. The poll is only for statistical information that Bungie can go by if they saw this.
STEP ONE: FLAMING TOPIC
STEP TWO: 5OO VOTES/REPLIES

keep it going!
It is a slightly long read, but I assure you it is very much worth reading. MODERATORS: the reason for all my bumping is because so many people seem to like this idea. if they didnt i wouldnt bump, so please, do not lock or impead this threads progress, so long it stays within boundaries.

INDEX: this tells you what you should read and what you dont have to read in order to have a legitament idea of what this thread is about.

part one: post mortem: its a long read through the whole update, but just scroll down to the first picture you see, and you will already have a good enough sense to go back to my article.

part two: idea/reasons in support- you dont have to read all of these, but they may convince you otherwise if you dont like this idea initialy. this part is mainly directed towards bungie.

THAT IS ALL THAT IS REQUESTED YOU READ. I WILL STAR THE POINT IN WHICH READING BECOMES OPTIONAL.

the rest is directed towards bungie. suggestions/ideas and feedback.

thanks and enjoy the read!

I come to you all on a very late time to be asking for Bungie to include such things in the game, but i’ll ask that all those who are interested in DLC and invasion may want to read this. Anyone else is welcome to read also, because this is a very good and practical idea that Bungie may have forgotten.

it was almost a year ago, i think, that i read the bungie weekly update: <a href="http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=25099]post mortem.

If you didnt read through this entire thing for you, ill sum it up - Halo 3 design leads etc talked about their original concept of what their early intensions were for Sandtrap previous to Halo 3’s release. They dispplayed a map that was set up into sections: an outside perimeter, and the inner part of the map, which is now what we call Sandtrap.

They wanted to build the “ultimate Warthog map” designed for a single-purpose defense-attack gametype, directed only for the map itself, but unnfortunately due to multiple reasons, it was scaled down into what we call Sandtrap today.

I am going to explain to you the main reasons why I can assure both the fans, and Bungie, that putting this map into a DLC pack in Reach will be an excellent and absolutely neccessary idea.

1. In the link I provided you, from the designs and layout of the map, this was clearly designed for the gametype: invasion. The goal was to have the attacking team push through the beachhead and make their way into the pit and then infiltrate the enemy base. But, unfortunately, they mentioned in the update how they had to abandon the idea due to the gametype not being included in the game. Well, I am here to tell you invasion is in Reach, and fairly safe to say the idea was spawned from bungies early intensions way back in the makings of halo

2. This would be a PERFECT oppritunitty to create another invasion based map like bondeyard and add it into a DLC pack, to further stimulate the gametypes success.

3. Bungie had already done quite a bit of work in designing the map already, so unless they threw out the old blue prints, they could probably make it in half the time that it would take to make the other DLC maps, since they already have the tools and programming and design done for it.

4. They talked about making the map very vehicle focused. reach invasion to me seems very balanced out and perfect for this kind of map. other things that were added into the game such as armor abilities etc would work perfectly if not make the maps’ gameplay run even better than originally designed.
    guys, bungie, the point is, this is a flawless idea : not some stupid fanboys idea and wishlist, but bungie has designed it themselves! this would be a perfect fit for DLC, providing yet another invasion map to play on, as well as promoting the kind of gameplay that bungie has so freely expressed support over.

My question is, should the original concept of sandtrap be put into Halo: Reach?

(sorry about the spelling, i have somewhere to be, without a whole lot of time on my hands. i did the best job to clean it up as i could though.)
*****guys! please keep this thread alive! i would really like bungie to notice it, for it is a good idea. please leave your thoughts in reply-form also, because voting does NOT bump.

okay, this bit is the idea part of the thread. all of the common/reasonable suggestions for the map i will put here.

1. i have seen choppers be requested multiple times. it would be great to put them in the map, since it is so closely designed for older vehicles then new. i am still to page 7 getting more requests for choppers. this man says it best:

Now, this is my position on choppers. I think many people would just take it as a taunt if they didn’t put it in, because in my opinion, the multiple choppers were the best part of the map. Choppers can destroy banshees, but not easily, they can be killed by a single foot soldier, but can also slaughter easily if the driver is good, and they can splatter vehicles. In my opinion, of course, i would say that the chopper needed a ton of skill to be good, but if the driver IS good, can be one of the best vehicles in the game because of its unique aspects.

1. new object sets. in the noble map pack, we got the same template for tempest that we got in foregworld. it is a request that i think many would agree on to recieve a new set of objects for us to play around with.

2. They could block off the rest of Sandtrap and only use the normal H:3 Sandtrap for BTB and TS. It would be amazing!

3. okay, i know this is a stretch bungie, but literally EVERYONE has been suggesting this. they want elephants. here’s a theory on how they could work posted by a member:
    I just imagined if they put the elephant in and you could actually use it to serve a purpose. You could use it to attack during one of the invasion phases and use it as a mobile spawn point. This would be the most intense map ever.

4. this is from another member. it related once again to sectioning off the map for other gametype usages, which is altogether a great idea.

the beach area could be closed off in more symmetric gametypes. team slayer, possibly?

============================================================= =======================================

this section is dedicated to all of the people who were nice enough to leave their input beyond just voting. thank you all for taking that extra step in order to keep this thread alive.

Dear Bungie Studios:

sure why not

This is an idea that i completely support, i loved that map and a better version would only be better.

sure, idea sounds great

Now, after reading your post and the BWU, I would love this idea

Yes

Sounds…ok.

I can totally see this happening.

Yes.

I love this Idea.

When I first found out how Invasion would work, I remembered that article and thought how good that version of Sandtrap would be for it.

good idea OP.
props on the research, going that far back.

This is an excellent thread. I agree 100% and hope your idea comes to fruitition.

Really good idea,

My head is beginning to explode this is such a good idea.

It’s actually a really good idea

I want this map

I would love this as both a forge map and a vehicle map!

here here!

They really need to bring it back, something along the lines of “Forge Desert” would be amazing.

awesome idea
BUNGIE please make it

I love this idea C’mon Bungie DO IT!

okay, its a good idea

Wait, the sandtrap from that update forever ago? I would love that

this would be sweet.

Hot topic and top topic!

This sounds like a fun idea. I would play it.

bumping for hoped success!!!

Sounds interesting

This is an excellent idea, I hope Bungie seriously considers this.

This I would definitely pay 10 bucks for

i remember reading that update and being dissapointed it was never fully explored.

we definitely need something like this

this would be amazing

Great Idea!

i just answered yes. the more the better…

I’d be all for it,

Yeah this sounds good. :smiley:

So when is this petition going to be established?

(Needs map, speechless)

awesomely epically hoping they will listen and answer

I like how everybody is giving good ideas and feedback. I have yet to see flaming or hate. I like the way this is going, we may have a successful thread on our hands.

Make it so.

Please remake this map Bungie

EPICNESS

BUMP for lack of replies.

Oh my god, Invasion on Sandtrap would probably have been so awesome that brains would have exploded in moments of sheer epicness.

YES!

Agree 100%

I very much like this idea.
In all, I agree, Bungie better be working on this.

it would be great

Wonderful idea OP, you got my support.

Thier original design for sandtrap was awsome, It would be amazing for invasion

Your idea sounds awesome dude!

AND MANY, MANY MORE TO COME.

I miss Sandtrap :´(

I saw this thread in b.net and I agree completely.

yes, thank you for coming here and leaving feedback as well.

Thanks for bringin’ it here. Don’t worry, 343 will see it.

I really dont want Sandtrap back. Wed have to find out if it would play well for Reach first.

you may not have read my post. i reccomend you do, and especially read some of the link i provided you. we are not requesting sandtrap exactly, and we DO KNOW that it would play well for reach.

please read the rest of the article, thanks

please keep this thread alive! you guys did good on BNET you can do great here!

/signing off for the night.

I loved Sandtrap, and once I had read what it was originally going to be like I had been disappointed it didn’t turn out that way.

PLEASE MAKE THIS!

I’m really loving this idea. The new map pack is going to be great!! :smiley: Hopefully they make a Sandtrap invasion!!

Saw it on Bungie, showing my support.

Yea, I see no problem with this.

Sorry, double post.

But anyway, they would have a hard time doing this, because if they take DLC ideas off of the community, they may look like they are running out of ideas.

> GUYS IT IS LOOKING REALLY GOOD SO FAR MANY POEPLE ARE VOTING YES; HOWEVER WENEED REPLIES TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS IN REPLY FORM AS WELL AS VOTING. THANKS.

Cut the CAPS… -.-

YES One of the best ideas in a long time!!!

Only if these forums were as good as Bungies’. No poll, no quotes and not as popular :frowning:
Most of my work will go un-noticed on this forum, oh well. Sandtrap concept FTW.

[deleted]

I’m back again, showing my support, but I’m still not too cure on what to believe in terms of who is in charge of the DLC for Halo; Reach. I would really appreciate it if someone would either PM me or post a link to any written proof by 343 or Bungie (I feel those would be the best resources).