POLL: 343i...Map Packs must...

…be more value for money. Across most games now, a Map Pack includes not only maps but, also, for example, weapon skins, armor, characters and, so much more.

For me, the price is not an issue but content. I would like to see future map packs, whether Halo 4 or Halo 5 and beyond, include:

3 maps;
weapon skins;
armor;
emblems;
stances; and
characters (ie, Promethean, Covenant, ODST etc that are playable in MM)

Would you like to see these things come with future map packs?

Can you suggest other things that might be good too?

I would rather have good maps than armor or skins, but we’re not getting either at the moment.

Oh well.

> I would rather have good maps than armor or skins, but we’re not getting either at the moment.
>
> Oh well.

Good maps sure but, assuming we have or get good maps, whether for Halo 4 or any Halo game beyond it, what additions should we get other than just maps?

Yes, armor and skins would be good!

i somehow knew castle map pack was gonna be BTB maps, and i was hoping for the return of the Hornet…

:’(

“Other”
All of the Above

> i somehow knew castle map pack was gonna be BTB maps, and i was hoping for the return of the Hornet…
>
> :’(

I love BTB!

But, for a while I had been calling for one map of each…4v4, medium and large. Fair and balanced. I was disappointed too!

> “Other”
> All of the Above

I’m an all of the above type too :slight_smile:

I’m glad they are BTB maps seeing as all of Majestic were 4v4, Maybe we can get some Objective based gametypes to go along with them

Crimson = Like it

Majestic = Love it

Castle = GOTTA HAVE IT

> I’m glad they are BTB maps seeing as all of Majestic were 4v4, Maybe we can get some Objective based gametypes to go along with them
>
> Crimson = Like it
>
> Majestic = Love it
>
> Castle = GOTTA HAVE IT

That’s a fair point about Majestic!

Objective game types would be good. As they released Extraction with Crimson and FFA with Majestic, it is my guess that BTB Objective might come with Castle.

Playable characters like Prometheans and the Covenant would make DLC a must.

> > “Other”
> > All of the Above
>
> I’m an all of the above type too :slight_smile:

ya if you compair the halo map packs/season pass to others in differnt games, the halo content is lacking a little. I would say at least try to match what other games offer in theirs. As to the content in the map packs, what ever gets people to want to buy it.

> Playable characters like Prometheans and the Covenant would make DLC a must.

It would be good :slight_smile:

> > > “Other”
> > > All of the Above
> >
> > I’m an all of the above type too :slight_smile:
>
> ya if you compair the halo map packs/season pass to others in differnt games, the halo content is lacking a little. I would say at least try to match what other games offer in theirs. As to the content in the map packs, what ever gets people to want to buy it.

…hence the poll.

343i, on the whole, seems to listen and make most changes called for. While not at the pace some would like, changes are made none the less. Let us hope that future changes will include what is included in map packs.

For me I’d have to go with a public “Forge Playlist” in the end over character/weapon skins. While yes it’s fun to play private matches with Forge maps with some buddies, it would still be fun to have it as an option.

> For me I’d have to go with a public “Forge Playlist” in the end over character/weapon skins. While yes it’s fun to play private matches with Forge maps with some buddies, it would still be fun to have it as an option.

You mean included a Forged community map in the map pack? Or, are you meaning a play list in the War Games lobby?

Weapon skin - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.

playable character skins - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.

emblems - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.

weapons - This is just unfair and weapon DLC should never be available unless it’s free.

vehicles - This is the only one I slightly agree with. It would be nice to have some new vehicles (although they would only be on new maps).

avatars - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay, their are already many Halo avatar DLC items.

additional increase to rank caps - This shouldn’t be available based on purchased DLC. It something that should be available to everyone. It would just turn people off of Halo 4 if they had to pay to continue to rank up.

game modes - They should either launch with the game or be free dlc.

mix of new, forge and remake maps - Forge maps should be free(so everyone can enjoy the fruits of labor), many people don’t want remake maps as some people don’t like being charged twice for the same play space.

New maps are fine but it would be nice to get more than 3 maps in a pack. Gears of War 2 had it right with 5 maps per pack. It actually felt like you were getting something unlike Halo 4 where the maps get played out in a couple days. I understand that it’s much easier to design GoW maps but that’s besides the point.

I would pay for better forge environments. I think we should get a unsc flying vehicle. I voted for game modes too, but I think we should get new gametypes without having to pay for them.

As a playlist itself, to be added with the last map pack.

Even though as we know that along with most of the things already listed could be added with the weekly/monthly updates/TU.

> Weapon skin - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.
>
>
> playable character skins - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.
>
>
> emblems - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay.
>
>
> weapons - This is just unfair and weapon DLC should never be available unless it’s free.
>
>
> vehicles - This is the only one I slightly agree with. It would be nice to have some new vehicles (although they would only be on new maps).
>
>
> avatars - Aesthetic that does nothing to improve gameplay, their are already many Halo avatar DLC items.
>
>
> additional increase to rank caps - This shouldn’t be available based on purchased DLC. It something that should be available to everyone. It would just turn people off of Halo 4 if they had to pay to continue to rank up.
>
>
> game modes - They should either launch with the game or be free dlc.
>
>
> mix of new, forge and remake maps - Forge maps should be free(so everyone can enjoy the fruits of labor), many people don’t want remake maps as some people don’t like being charged twice for the same play space.
>
>
> New maps are fine but it would be nice to get more than 3 maps in a pack. Gears of War 2 had it right with 5 maps per pack. It actually felt like you were getting something unlike Halo 4 where the maps get played out in a couple days. I understand that it’s much easier to design GoW maps but that’s besides the point.

As I made the Poll, I won’t actually disagree with anyone whether I personally agree or not. I thank you for your post and leave it to others to agree or disagree with.

Cheers

> As a playlist itself, to be added with the last map pack.
>
> Even though as we know that along with most of the things already listed could be added with the weekly/monthly updates/TU.

…or via a hot fix I think.

But yes, a forge only play list would be nice.