Polite Question to Grim

Hey Grim, I’d love to wish you a happy holidays and wish you a Merry Christmas, I have just a few questions, I don’t really expect them to be answered though.

How come REQ variant vehicles and weapons aren’t able to be placed in Forge, I know Warzone is important, but placing them in Customs won’t take away from that experience.

Are cross species relationships a thing, I’ve asked this a ton mostly because of the Halo 5 Intel: DO NOT OPEN that has a Sangheili actually in love with Spartan Palmer, has this sort of behavior been a thing with other species besides that one Sangheili, or is it simply a silly addition?

What kinds of foods do each species eat and could we get a few names besides those like Kolo or Iruken be given?

How come we haven’t seen the Plasma Rifle, Focus Rifle or Spiker make a return in Halo 5, will we get to see them at a later date though?

Why haven’t we seen the return of Skirmishers within Jul’s rebel faction?
On that same question, what happened to the Servants of Abiding Truth that was so heavily focused on in Kilo-Five up until Mortal Dictata, that faction as well as Juls should have been a huge force against The Arbiter, yet by Halo 5, they’re defeated…

Again, I’m not looking for instant answers or trying to be a huge -Yoink-, I love the entries you place for us ungrateful few and I appreciate all that you do.
As a avid fan of these entire series, I love every bit of info placed before us.

~Love Verses Fatum
PS: Please don’t lock, I’m desperate ;~;
PSS: Be my Valentine

That was beautiful. I think Mr. Grim is out for some much needed R&R though… Happy holidays!

> 2533274807399716;1:
> Hey Grim, I’d love to wish you a happy holidays and wish you a Merry Christmas, I have just a few questions, I don’t really expect them to be answered though.
>
> How come REQ variant vehicles and weapons aren’t able to be placed in Forge, I know Warzone is important, but placing them in Customs won’t take away from that experience.
>
> Are cross species relationships a thing, I’ve asked this a ton mostly because of the Halo 5 Intel: DO NOT OPEN that has a Sangheili actually in love with Spartan Palmer, has this sort of behavior been a thing with other species besides that one Sangheili, or is it simply a silly addition?
>
> What kinds of foods do each species eat and could we get a few names besides those like Kolo or Iruken be given?
>
> How come we haven’t seen the Plasma Rifle, Focus Rifle or Spiker make a return in Halo 5, will we get to see them at a later date though?
>
> Why haven’t we seen the return of Skirmishers within Jul’s rebel faction?
> On that same question, what happened to the Servants of Abiding Truth that was so heavily focused on in Kilo-Five up until Mortal Dictata, that faction as well as Juls should have been a huge force against The Arbiter, yet by Halo 5, they’re defeated…
>
> Again, I’m not looking for instant answers or trying to be a huge -Yoink-, I love the entries you place for us ungrateful few and I appreciate all that you do.
> As a avid fan of these entire series, I love every bit of info placed before us.
>
> ~Love Verses Fatum
> PS: Please don’t lock, I’m desperate ;~;
> PSS: Be my Valentine

Well I don’t think there’s much point to ask a writer (Grim) about things regarding gameplay, like the presence (or lack of) of specific weapons in a game or game mode. Those things aren’t really story related.

Whats with people and interspecies relationships? This is a rhetorical question BTW.

The Servants of Abiding Truth were mentioned in a mission log, but nothing major.

Well the Jiralhanae eat -Yoink!- Sapians, Sangheili, Thorn Beasts, Unggoy, Kig-Yar… Well, the Brutes eat lots of things. Kig-Yar and Unggoy also eat Jackals.

Skirmishers probably haven’t been seen due to their rarity and due to the lack of in-game assets. While we’ve seen Jul’s Kig-Yar being the Ibieshan variety, there are likely to be other variations as well.

I may not be Grim (nor a 343 writer), but I hope this helps. And yeah, merry Christmas Grim, and a Halo new year.

P.S Grim, MACs, universe entry, make it happen. Pretty please Grim? :smiley:

The Skirmishers haven’t been used after the battle of Reach, because most of them died in combat during the war after that point.

> 2533274886001034;4:
> The Skirmishers haven’t been used after the battle of Reach, because most of them died in combat during the war after that point.

But many did end up surviving the war. Chol Von, that Skirmishers working with that mercenary group in Escalations, so on so forth.

Also something to note is that the Skirmishers originate from a single colony, which is an asteroid, which would not really be a place to hold a significant population. So it makes sense to not see Skirmishers that often due to their small population.

Now if only we can have some sort of explanation on how the Brutes can be such a large significance to Covenant society, especially considering how they’ve replaced the Elites, when they’ve only been a space faring race for 58 years. That’s not enough time for the Brutes to come up with the numbers to effectively replace the Elites (who should number in the trillions). So unless the Brutes have reproductive rates of the Unggoy, or if a single Brute is worth 20, 30, or even 50 elites (which unless we’re referring to a hand to hand fight, is not possible due to numerous reasons factors and each race is composed of individuals), the Brutes cannot effectively replace the Elites as the Prophet’s protectors.

Although, considering Truth was planning to burn the entire galaxy and rule as king of the ashes, it’s sort of makes sense to replace the Elites with the Brutes. But for the rest of the Covenant, not so much.

> 2533274926227685;3:
> > 2533274807399716;1:
> > Hey Grim, I’d love to wish you a happy holidays and wish you a Merry Christmas, I have just a few questions, I don’t really expect them to be answered though.
> >
> > How come REQ variant vehicles and weapons aren’t able to be placed in Forge, I know Warzone is important, but placing them in Customs won’t take away from that experience.
> >
> > Are cross species relationships a thing, I’ve asked this a ton mostly because of the Halo 5 Intel: DO NOT OPEN that has a Sangheili actually in love with Spartan Palmer, has this sort of behavior been a thing with other species besides that one Sangheili, or is it simply a silly addition?
> >
> > What kinds of foods do each species eat and could we get a few names besides those like Kolo or Iruken be given?
> >
> > How come we haven’t seen the Plasma Rifle, Focus Rifle or Spiker make a return in Halo 5, will we get to see them at a later date though?
> >
> > Why haven’t we seen the return of Skirmishers within Jul’s rebel faction?
> > On that same question, what happened to the Servants of Abiding Truth that was so heavily focused on in Kilo-Five up until Mortal Dictata, that faction as well as Juls should have been a huge force against The Arbiter, yet by Halo 5, they’re defeated…
> >
> > Again, I’m not looking for instant answers or trying to be a huge -Yoink-, I love the entries you place for us ungrateful few and I appreciate all that you do.
> > As a avid fan of these entire series, I love every bit of info placed before us.
> >
> > ~Love Verses Fatum
> > PS: Please don’t lock, I’m desperate ;~;
> > PSS: Be my Valentine
>
>
> Well I don’t think there’s much point to ask a writer (Grim) about things regarding gameplay, like the presence (or lack of) of specific weapons in a game or game mode. Those things aren’t really story related.
>
> Whats with people and interspecies relationships? This is a rhetorical question BTW.
>
> The Servants of Abiding Truth were mentioned in a mission log, but nothing major.
>
> Well the Jiralhanae eat -Yoink!- Sapians, Sangheili, Thorn Beasts, Unggoy, Kig-Yar… Well, the Brutes eat lots of things. Kig-Yar and Unggoy also eat Jackals.
>
> Skirmishers probably haven’t been seen due to their rarity and due to the lack of in-game assets. While we’ve seen Jul’s Kig-Yar being the Ibieshan variety, there are likely to be other variations as well.
>
> I may not be Grim (nor a 343 writer), but I hope this helps. And yeah, merry Christmas Grim, and a Halo new year.
>
> P.S Grim, MACs, universe entry, make it happen. Pretty please Grim? :smiley:

I only ask the inter species thing for story purposes, SFW btw just so you know, but I’ve always wondered if that was a thing in Covenant society since apparently San Shyuum are the pimps of the universe

I know most of my questions won’t be asked, and I ask about weapons in general because I’d like to know if everything from Halo CE-Reach are still usable per Spartan preference or Sangheili preference.

As well as why I’m so adamant about asking about cross species relationships, and I don’t mean between a Sangheili and Human, this isn’t Mass Effect XD but like other species like a Romeo x Juliet scenerio

The only thing I really want is Mythic weapons in forge, to be honest I just want to try them all.

It would be nice to have silenced weapons in Forge for ODST type maps :confused:

About the cross species thing, what if a boss in halo 6 was a brute crossed with an elite with an energy hammer/axe. It could be the leader of the new covenant and an extremely hard boss.