points system

First post on this forum but.

Has anyone else gotten a little bit annoyed at how you can go 20-5 k/d in a game but get second or third place to someone else that’s done considerably worse than you… I don’t know maybe its just me.

Whoever plays the objective most should be rewarded as the top player of the lobby. Since you get points for playing the objective I guess there is no problem with the points system. For example, if you’re playing dominion and you go 30-1 but capture no bases and someone goes 25-30 but captures 7 bases and they have nearly twice as many points as you than they should be top of the team.

That’s ok but I only play slayer. People regularly go +5 to my +15 and still somehow get a higher score. :confused:

> First post on this forum but.
>
> Has anyone else gotten a little bit annoyed at how you can go 20-5 k/d in a game but get second or third place to someone else that’s done considerably worse than you… I don’t know maybe its just me.

If you’re playing objective, that’ll explain everything. If not, well I don’t know what to say lol unless the dude has something like 18 assists.

[deleted]

Ya I think its just cause they get points for aggressive behavior. I use to play competitive and don’t know but I play conservative most times.

So if someone gets a 20/24 = -4 ratio to my 14/5 +9 ratio he still gets more points than I do simply because he’s more active I guess.

>
> Has anyone else gotten a little bit annoyed at how you can go 20-5 k/d in a game but get second or third place to someone else that’s done considerably worse than you… I don’t know maybe its just me.

I always run around the map trying to get distractions, trust me, it’s the fastest way to powerlevel your account.

Ya you got it Standard. Why the ADSF would they do it that way?

>

Who wins the game isn’t being determined based on points earned.

That just goes towards your personal score which is more a record of style than anything else. Infinity Slayer, SWAT and other gamemodes are still being determined by number of kills.

The reason you can go 20-5 and someone else does worse than you and still win is because winning isn’t determined by K/D ratio. It’s determined by number of kills total.

Yes the other player died more. He also outscored you. Just like in Reach. Just like in H3. Just like in H2.

/thread

I love it when I come in 2nd or 3rd place with only 4 or 5 kills but 25+ assists from driving the warthog.

When it happens I always hear, WTF or HOLY EFF when the game is done.

It doesn’t really bother me because if it is a team game and that means if I had more kills then someone who got higher points then me they probably did a lot of team work. I do however get annoyed when playing FFA regicide and get like 26 kills but lose to someone who only got like 14. That annoys me, but that is just how that dumb game type is played…

I prefer this new system, actually. For the most part, I think it’s vehicular destruction that causes players with fewer kills to overtake others on the leaderboard. Those people who go 25-1 are usually the ones camping in the corner with a sniper rifle (and sometimes that person is me), whereas other players (and my brother is one of them) might be single-handedly responsible for taking down enemy vehicles, which, if you’ve ever tried it, takes a good deal of work. If an enemy tank or banshee remains active for more than a minute, it usually spells disaster for the other team, and I think it’s fitting that the players who put their (in-game) lives on the line in order to remove those dangers be rewarded.