Points for Assists

Now, I’ve been watching every last gameplay video I can find, and I watched one just now in which a fellow used the SAW (it’s in the title of the video).

At one point, nearer the tail end of the game, he got an Assist, and acquired 10 points of EXP for it. Now, from (maybe almost) everything else I’ve seen, assists only net 5 points… so, if the guy contributed more than half of the damage needed to kill the enemy, but didn’t finish him off, does that mean he gets 10 points for an assist rather than 5?

it could also have to do something with the method his team mate killed that guy or the state the team mate was in currently

> Now, I’ve been watching every last gameplay video I can find, and I watched one just now in which a fellow used the SAW (it’s in the title of the video).
>
> At one point, nearer the tail end of the game, he got an Assist, and acquired 10 points of EXP for it. Now, from (maybe almost) everything else I’ve seen, assists only net 5 points… so, if the guy contributed more than half of the damage needed to kill the enemy, but didn’t finish him off, does that mean he gets 10 points for an assist rather than 5?

I beleive thats how it works, yes.

The same thing happens in reach from time to time, where you et anywhere from 3-6 credits for it.

> > Now, I’ve been watching every last gameplay video I can find, and I watched one just now in which a fellow used the SAW (it’s in the title of the video).
> >
> > At one point, nearer the tail end of the game, he got an Assist, and acquired 10 points of EXP for it. Now, from (maybe almost) everything else I’ve seen, assists only net 5 points… so, if the guy contributed more than half of the damage needed to kill the enemy, but didn’t finish him off, does that mean he gets 10 points for an assist rather than 5?
>
> I beleive thats how it works, yes.
>
> The same thing happens in reach from time to time, where you et anywhere from 3-6 credits for it.

Ahh. See, the pop-up isn’t as obvious as in H4, I only glance in that corner for Credit pop-ups maybe once every 3 or 4 games.

> > > Now, I’ve been watching every last gameplay video I can find, and I watched one just now in which a fellow used the SAW (it’s in the title of the video).
> > >
> > > At one point, nearer the tail end of the game, he got an Assist, and acquired 10 points of EXP for it. Now, from (maybe almost) everything else I’ve seen, assists only net 5 points… so, if the guy contributed more than half of the damage needed to kill the enemy, but didn’t finish him off, does that mean he gets 10 points for an assist rather than 5?
> >
> > I beleive thats how it works, yes.
> >
> > The same thing happens in reach from time to time, where you et anywhere from 3-6 credits for it.
>
> Ahh. See, the pop-up isn’t as obvious as in H4, I only glance in that corner for Credit pop-ups maybe once every 3 or 4 games.

I really never notice the credits pop-up in Halo: Reach, the first few weeks I didn’t even know they were there… >.<