Pointless to use Reqs in WZ Firefight?

The reason i ask is because if us just use a mantis or phaeton for killing enemies but you get no reward towards commendation, i feel even in that mode people will hold back them even more from using them in FF. and even if you do get maxed kill commendations for them. to use them in FF might not be as rewarding as using them in regular WZ so i’m just curious what the motive will be. i know smaller stuff like ghosts, gungooses, and warthogs will be used but i don’t think hardly anyone will use their reqs that are of higher value almost at all in WZF unless it’s really rewarding to do so. Not sure if they maybe already mentioned this and someone knows because i see it as it’s hard to get mantis and even Phaeton cards. i won’t see much of an incentive to use them in WZF unless the kills in there count towards commendation. to get nothing out of it, i would see a lot refraining from using the better reqs.

I get what you mean. I’m a bit worried about how the commendation system will work in WF, if at all

> 2535440242367710;2:
> I get what you mean. I’m a bit worried about how the commendation system will work in WF, if at all

ya because if no commendation is used than it would almost seem wasteful to use a mantis or phaeton which are already impossible to get and than waste it on a game of WZF and not get any completion from it. I think maybe make to that for ever 10 AI kills, unless a boss, count as 1 kill. and bosses count as 1 kill. And anyone that is about to disagree remember this, you get kill counts for AI banshee and phaeton kills even though it says player controlled, so i see nothing wrong with this. Also i hope to fight humans in WZF, idk if i’ll get my wish, so i can get Mantis kills and gun/mongoose kills. i’m glad warden will be in it, so, by the looks there are only 5 players possibly more, you have a 20% chance of getting a warden kill. though after i get that i still will go for warden because he is worth a lot even for assisting. but he looks a lot tougher. he looks like he has reddish armor like the new knights they showed as well so it must mean he is gonna be tougher to kill.

I’m just gonna use my loadout weapons if there isn’t any commendations.

There might be a req point multiplier based around time to complete, which would provide a great incentive to call in an ONI Tank.

If WZF stays to to the original roots firefight was born from there should be some naturally spawning vehicles, power weapons, etc. and maybe even the ability to high jack enemy vehicles.

What would truly suck is a player killing a fellow spartan when they pull a mantis just to feed their commendation and leave.

Good topic I’ve been thinking the same. I wish that they made it like halo reach firefight. I’m not gonna use my good reqs on AI enemies.

Good topic I’ve been thinking the same. I wish that they made it like halo reach firefight. I’m not gonna use my good reqs on AI enemies.

I use all reqs since having to make a new account. so I have 100s on deck its a good small boost not bad on the commons it adds up I think enough to were its worth keeping and using.

Risk / reward. THey said it will be the most enemies on screen at once so there will be some serious firefights for sure, you are going to want the big guns.

> 2533274860390817;4:
> I’m just gonna use my loadout weapons if there isn’t any commendations.

This is what i fear

And same with me except for the Warden kill. but other than that if i am not going to get mantis and phaeton commendation progress i won’t call in anything and let the other players call it in. Than we will get the water/wine problem. where no one wants to fork over the more expensive wine so they all go with water than everyone gets water and than it is unpleasant. So no one will call in any reqs, or low ones, and than there might be a problem. so they should make sure to make a way to get commendation completion in WZF.

> 2533274805818439;10:
> Risk / reward. THey said it will be the most enemies on screen at once so there will be some serious firefights for sure, you are going to want the big guns.

you are going to want to, but if there is no reward for commendation and other things than they won’t fork it over because that’s expensive and rare to get. so they want to get bang for their buck for using it. the only one i see i would call in req is if its on warden since i’ll get a warden kill out of it possibly which will help for that commendation. but mostlikely when it comes, as it will be the last DLC i think, most will have Warden commendation completed by than.

> 2533274850361394;8:
> Good topic I’ve been thinking the same. I wish that they made it like halo reach firefight. I’m not gonna use my good reqs on AI enemies.

ya i thought about that when seeing the vehicles being used. saw the same with WZA with Phaeton and i was like “no one who even gets to the point of calling in a phaeton is gonna without there being a reward”. i only saw phaeton called in one time in WZA and that was because the enemy team was farming us on Urban so he got lots of kills out of it and completed his commendation.

> 2535409018972222;9:
> I use all reqs since having to make a new account. so I have 100s on deck its a good small boost not bad on the commons it adds up I think enough to were its worth keeping and using.

not sure what you said.

> 2533274821600947;6:
> If WZF stays to to the original roots firefight was born from there should be some naturally spawning vehicles, power weapons, etc. and maybe even the ability to high jack enemy vehicles.
>
> What would truly suck is a player killing a fellow spartan when they pull a mantis just to feed their commendation and leave.

you mean when its naturally spawned or req spawned and they get TK’d? either way friendly fire will definitely be turned off. and they will have to spawn them naturally otherwise if there is no incentive on commendation i won’t call in mine.

> 2533274826614653;5:
> There might be a req point multiplier based around time to complete, which would provide a great incentive to call in an ONI Tank.

what you mean by req point multiplier? if you mean how many points you get end of game? that would have to be a lot. because say if you complete it early by calling in heavies and you get 5000 but you get 3000 if you don’t at end of game. i would rather play 2 games n get more than waste a mantis. you would have to give me like 15000 req points for me to fork over a good vehicle because it takes several gold packs to get back a mantis.

I’ll probably use the standard tanks… I have over a hundred of those bad boys.

I’ll just use my REQs that I’ve completed commendations for. Its like my own unlock system. I can’t use a REQ in FF until I complete the commendation, at which point I “unlock” it.

> 2533274863640603;12:
> I’ll probably use the standard tanks… I have over a hundred of those bad boys.

yup which is what i’ll be waiting for other teammates to do.

> 2560081931056311;13:
> I’ll just use my REQs that I’ve completed commendations for. Its like my own unlock system. I can’t use a REQ in FF until I complete the commendation, at which point I “unlock” it.

same for the most part. but even afterwards i still won’t use mantis or phaeton because they are too insanely hard to get so i won’t waste them on that. and like others said on here. they wouldn’t even use it in WZ until it gets buffed. which is what i hear a lot now for people that have the mantis n phaeton. they won’t use it until its buff. so i expect this maybe same outcome for WZF.

> 2533274800212919;14:
> > 2533274863640603;12:
> > I’ll probably use the standard tanks… I have over a hundred of those bad boys.
>
>
> yup which is what i’ll be waiting for other teammates to do.
>
>
>
>
> > 2560081931056311;13:
> > I’ll just use my REQs that I’ve completed commendations for. Its like my own unlock system. I can’t use a REQ in FF until I complete the commendation, at which point I “unlock” it.
>
>
> same for the most part. but even afterwards i still won’t use mantis or phaeton because they are too insanely hard to get so i won’t waste them on that. and like others said on here. they wouldn’t even use it in WZ until it gets buffed. which is what i hear a lot now for people that have the mantis n phaeton. they won’t use it until its buff. so i expect this maybe same outcome for WZF.

Yea totally. I think I’ve only used one mantis, and never even used a phaeton haha

Or you get to use all the ones you have but the are no longer onetime use in ff example you have one phaton you use it in ff you burn your req energy but not the req card

Exspecially the Phaeton would be pointless. I had it 6 or 7 times in all the time I’m playing Halo and used only 3. You have to be extremely lucky to get one,then get to Req level 8 what probably will be around the End of the Round, if you even reach it. Last but not least it get easily destroyed by the amount of BR and DMR running around. And with a shiny new Promethean flying Vehicle you are easily seen in the sky. It would be a waste using something like that against A.I.

I really hope they implement some sort of commendations for it or your right. I dont think i would even play firefight at all if there wasn’t any. I likely wouldn’t use my reqs on it regardless tbh tho

I am probably more likely to call in REQs during this firefight than in regular Warzone, that way I can actually get kills with them instead of paint a giant target on myself and die in less than a minute.

> 2533274836439997;16:
> Or you get to use all the ones you have but the are no longer onetime use in ff example you have one phaton you use it in ff you burn your req energy but not the req card

As extreme as that sounds, I like it. It gives incentive for people to play the game mode; and maybe tempts them to buy Req Packs.