plz take hard scoping out of halo

I think hard scoping is taking all the skills away from halo it would be way better if they had it back to normal when you couldnt scope in when you where getting shot

We forum folks call that flinch. and yes, I agree with you.

I agree with the fact it is annoying to some because it’s a FPS game, but disagree with that same fact because you are a Spartan who can lift near 2,000lbs, have a incredible pain tolerance, own bones almost impossible to break and a mindset extremely tolerant to the above, plus way more advantages to your body than the average soldier than I feel like typing, so why would being shot by a bullet make you have to look out from your scope?

> I agree with the fact it is annoying to some because it’s a FPS game, but disagree with that same fact because you are a Spartan who can lift near 2,000lbs, have a incredible pain tolerance, own bones almost impossible to break and a mindset extremely tolerant to the above, plus way more advantages to your body than the average soldier than I feel like typing, so why would being shot by a bullet make you have to look out from your scope?

WHY WOULD FALL DAMAGE HURT A SPARTAN IF HES SO INDESTRUCTIBLE???

flintch is stupid because it doesnt force you to learn how to use any weapon outside of scope. Next there will be a scope for noobs with the shotgun

> I agree with the fact it is annoying to some because it’s a FPS game, but disagree with that same fact because you are a Spartan who can lift near 2,000lbs, have a incredible pain tolerance, own bones almost impossible to break and a mindset extremely tolerant to the above, plus way more advantages to your body than the average soldier than I feel like typing, so why would being shot by a bullet make you have to look out from your scope?

Because it is not an actual physical scope you are looking through. It is the targeting system in your Spartan’s visor interacting with the weapon. De-scoping is a built in safety feature that keeps the Spartans from being surrounded while aiming at a far off target.

> > I agree with the fact it is annoying to some because it’s a FPS game, but disagree with that same fact because you are a Spartan who can lift near 2,000lbs, have a incredible pain tolerance, own bones almost impossible to break and a mindset extremely tolerant to the above, plus way more advantages to your body than the average soldier than I feel like typing, so why would being shot by a bullet make you have to look out from your scope?
>
> Because it is not an actual physical scope you are looking through. It is the targeting system in your Spartan’s visor interacting with the weapon. De-scoping is a built in safety feature that keeps the Spartans from being surrounded while aiming at a far off target.

Truth be told. You dismissed me, lol.

To the post above yours, falling SHOULDN’T matter seeing as how The Chief fell from top of the atmosphere in 3 and 4, Noble 6 had a insurance landing on his back.

Adding descoping again will support camping in very hard to reach places, plus it was annoying when i finally got into a good leverage and started getting shot by DMRs.

The sniper should stay scoped while being shot by any weapon such as a DMR might be shooting you from whereever, and staying scoped gives the sniper a chance to kill said DMR user.

BTW falling from great heights do damage Spartans internally. Sure their bones won’t break but their organs could be damaged, it is stated in The Fall of Reach when John is looking down a 30meter fall.

In Halo 3, John’s armor locks up to prevent any damage, he is rendered unconcious despite it

Noble Six is seen limping after the fall, he fell and skid out of his re-entry unit by a few meters.

Descoping has been and always will be better than flinch.

He said hardscoping, which would be just zooming in. Scoping.

I prefer flinch to descoping. Descoping was annoying. With flinch, you have to lower your aim by the right amount.

yeah being able to stay scoped in, is for the birds… there should be more consequences for being shot.

Descoping made it easier for you to know where you were getting shot from. if im scoped in all the time and i get shot, then i have no idea where its coming from and your most likely gonna die while trying to snipe someone, rather than descoping and taking care of the guy thats shooting from your left, or right, or behind you.

Anyone that thinks flinching is a better mechanic that de-scoping is a fool. I’m dead serious they must be out of their minds to think this.

> Anyone that thinks flinching is a better mechanic that de-scoping is a fool. I’m dead serious they must be out of their minds to think this.

Only in regards to certain weapons. Snipers and even the Precision Rifles, I can agree with.

Never understood descoping on the Magnum.

I very highly prefer Flinching over Descope. It’s a way better mechanic and requires more skill IMO.

However, I see that most players do not. So, I say:
Make Descoping the default
For those that want Flinch/hate Descope, bring back the Stability Armor Mod, which would replace Descope with Flinching.

> I very highly prefer Flinching over Descope. It’s a way better mechanic and requires more skill IMO.
>
> However, I see that most players do not. So, I say:
> Make Descoping the default
> For those that want Flinch/hate Descope, bring back the Stability Armor Mod, which would replace Descope with Flinching.

Hi, you just created a perk everyone who snipes will use constantly and will not solve any of the issue people have with the lack of Descoping.

Back in my day, Hardscoping was called sniping.

And i agree, we need descoping back.

> He said hardscoping, which would be just zooming in. Scoping.
>
> I prefer flinch to descoping. Descoping was annoying. With flinch, you have to lower your aim by the right amount.

An amount that is both impossible to predict, and different on every single weapon, and is based on where you get shot from.

> Back in my day, Hardscoping was called sniping.
>
> And i agree, we need descoping back.

The term “Hardscoping” came from Quickscopers who thought that people who did actual sniping were tryhards, and quickscopers were he only real snipers, so they created a word to be an insult.

“You hardscoping noob”

Its a CoD term, and honestly has no place in Halo as it doesn’t even apply.

> > He said hardscoping, which would be just zooming in. Scoping.
> >
> > I prefer flinch to descoping. Descoping was annoying. With flinch, you have to lower your aim by the right amount.
>
> An amount that is both impossible to predict, and different on every single weapon, and is based on where you get shot from.

As well as what you’re shot with