Plunder's predecations.

With the upcoming main weapon re-balance update impending, I thought I would take the time to time stamp a predication.

Despite the many hours Im sure was spent on this project, <mark>one rifle will rise to the top as the best performer.</mark>

Im not complaining, in fact Im happy, Im done with the DMR commendation, so lets hope it is a new rifle.

Here is my prediction: Everyone is still going to use the DMR.

If it’s not the BR, people will be complaining that the game is broken, the new rifle needs a nerf, and that 343i destroyed the Halo franchise.

If it is the BR and it makes every other weapon redundant, then people will be claiming that the game is finally balanced.

I voted light rifle, because the way they said it is now, the LR has received the biggest buff of all weapons. It can kill from farther and its already insane 4 shot will have a slight RoF increase as well.

The BR will just have its killtime buffed up to that of the DMR, but the slower RoF means that if one shot is missed, it will be punished more severely than before. The BR will be as it always should have been.

But the LR will shred at long range.

DMR will still be the most used weapon overall. Easier to use than the Carbine and LightRifle, better range than the Carbine and BR on small maps (scoped), same range but less obstructive scoped reticule and faster unscoped killtime than the LightRifle on large maps.

I suspect we’ll see a much greater portion of players using the BR on small maps, a slight increase in Carbine users, and a slight increase in LightRifle users on large maps.

All I know is that 343 will find a way to mess this up like everything else in the multiplayer.

True Halo fans will continue to complain (because they actually care enough to try to ask for Halo to be a better game).

Pseudo fans will tell the real fans to “shut up and play the game”

343 will listen to the few pseudo fans who praise them for everything and anything, and they will ignore the real fans who are being honest about the lack of weapon balance, pretending those fans don’t exist.

343 will have a huge party where they all pat themselves on the back and talk about how awesome they are and how amazing Halo 4 is!

And then I will probably get told off from the mods for writing a comment where I’m merely making predictions, which are scarily true. :slight_smile:

It’s possible that the LR could turn into a DMR at a long distance and a BR in close range.

In long range the DMR is still going to have beat the LR and the same goes for the BR in close range.

The LR is an all rounder but is weaker in specific situations. 343 will have to be careful with this.

Neo Kaiser may have a point.
The amount of BR love out there right now could cloud the decision of the majoruty of players, which could result in more problems that will never be resolved because there won’t be enough people to speak up.

In other words if you use the BR or DMR user you can’t be trusted on the same level as other players, but if the majority is happy with an OP BR maybe thats ok, democracy.

P.S I’m an AR user so I’m trust worthy. The AR needs even more magnatism and a boltshot charge up atachment, don’t listen to the others, it’ll work perfectly.

I predict fire power will be a very wise choice to switch back and forth between DMR and BR… Even if for solely experimental reasons.

> Here is my prediction: Everyone is still going to use the DMR.

Considering that the precipice for this update is the OP nature of the DMR, I think it is going to end up being the red headed step child of the bunch.

(Apologies to any red headed step children reading this.)

> I voted light rifle, because the way they said it is now, the LR has received the biggest buff of all weapons. It can kill from farther and its already insane 4 shot will have a slight RoF increase as well.
>
> The BR will just have its killtime buffed up to that of the DMR, but the slower RoF means that if one shot is missed, it will be punished more severely than before. The BR will be as it always should have been.
>
> But the LR will shred at long range.

Agreed!

The BR will obviously be used quite a bit, but I still feel every weapon will have its place. Especially on the bigger maps(which this game does not lack), the DMR and Light Rifle will dominate due to their lack of recoil and spread.

I think it’ll be either the BR or the LightRifle. I know I’ll definitely be using the LightRifle more once it gets buffed. I use the BR most of the time right now anyways, and that’s not going to change.

> If it’s not the BR, people will be complaining that the game is broken, the new rifle needs a nerf, and that 343i destroyed the Halo franchise.
>
> If it is the BR and it makes every other weapon redundant, then people will be claiming that the game is finally balanced.

I honestly cant wait to watch this one play out.

> > If it’s not the BR, people will be complaining that the game is broken, the new rifle needs a nerf, and that 343i destroyed the Halo franchise.
> >
> > If it is the BR and it makes every other weapon redundant, then people will be claiming that the game is finally balanced.
>
> I honestly cant wait to watch this one play out.

I actually asked that once. I asked, if the DMR was 5 shots, and the BR was 4 shots, made every other weapon reduntant and everybody was using the BR because they had no choice, would it then be balanced? Someone actually responded with, “Yes, it will be balanced then”.

But you know what would be really great? If they split the playlists between the old and new weapon balance, and the new balance only has 1/10 of the old playlists.

These changes all seem very balanced.

The LR will be best at long range but bad at medium
The DMR will be inbetween,
The BR will be the medium range rifle of choice.
The Carbine will be roughly equal with more range but a higher skillgap.

The automatics won’t be painfully slow. The warthog will be capable of killing things, the Beam Rifle won’t be a snapshot cannon.

But my prediction: People who don’t understand what the word balance actually means will complain in droves because the DMR/BR are no longer the best guns in the series.

> I voted light rifle, because the way they said it is now, the LR has received the biggest buff of all weapons. It can kill from farther and its already insane 4 shot will have a slight RoF increase as well.
>
> The BR will just have its killtime buffed up to that of the DMR, but the slower RoF means that if one shot is missed, it will be punished more severely than before. The BR will be as it always should have been.
>
> But the LR will shred at long range.

Just from what I have heard and what I know about the game already, Im feeling like the LR might be the front runner too.

> Here is my prediction: Everyone is still going to use the DMR.

Until smaller maps are played more often, Adrift will be come a BR map, but the rest I really see staying the DMR (which is sad)

> But you know what would be really great? If they split the playlists between the old and new weapon balance, and the new balance only has 1/10 of the old playlists.

Ha, Reach. I see what you did there.

From my understanding of the bulletins the changes will be playlist-wide, but will not affect on-disc gametypes, nor Campaign or Spartan Ops. Just means if you want to play a custom with updated weapons, you need to play the gametype in matchmaking then save it or get it from someone’s file share.

Probably the Light Rifle. (It should be canonically anyway, it’s a freakin’ forerunner weapon!)

But I’d definitely laugh if the Carbine takes the cake.

> > > If it’s not the BR, people will be complaining that the game is broken, the new rifle needs a nerf, and that 343i destroyed the Halo franchise.
> > >
> > > If it is the BR and it makes every other weapon redundant, then people will be claiming that the game is finally balanced.
> >
> > I honestly cant wait to watch this one play out.
>
> I actually asked that once. I asked, if the DMR was 5 shots, and the BR was 4 shots, made every other weapon reduntant and everybody was using the BR because they had no choice, would it then be balanced? Someone actually responded with, “Yes, it will be balanced then”.
>
> But you know what would be really great? If they split the playlists between the old and new weapon balance, and the new balance only has 1/10 of the old playlists.

You’re implying that they are making all of these changes because people love the 4SK BR and only want it back for nostalgia, not balance.

The Battle Rifle in its current state is useless, a weapon intended for long range can beat it in its niche role.

It is about time they started making these changes universal, splitting populations was a poor idea, Reach proved that.