Plug it in man...

Why do people that have mics choose to not plug it in? I seriously cant find one good reason for this. I hate going into a game by myself and im the only one with a mic in my team. I dont mind so much when im playing with my friends but we are not always going to be on at the same times so you cant respond with “play with a team” though i doubt anyone would since this isnt the Halo Reach forums from Bnet. I put on the search restriction to find people with mics but it doesnt work.What perplexes me even more is when i went to play call of duty WaW a fairly old CoD game everyone in every single match i played had a mic! the reason this is so confusing is because you need no team work what so ever in CoD games. Yet in a game like Halo where the word “team” isnt just a word its a definiton of what should be done, no one uses a mic. People we have to get out of the habbit of not using our mics, i understand if you dont have one but if you do please do use.

Let me know if you guys agree, or if you have a scenario on why you wouldnt use a mic besides you dont have one, or some made up scenarios that would never happen.

> Why do people that have mics choose to not plug it in? I seriously cant find one good reason for this. I hate going into a game by myself and im the only one with a mic in my team. I dont mind so much when im playing with my friends but we are not always going to be on at the same times so you cant respond with “play with a team” though i doubt anyone would since this isnt the Halo Reach forums from Bnet. I put on the search restriction to find people with mics but it doesnt work.What perplexes me even more is when i went to play call of duty WaW a fairly old CoD game everyone in every single match i played had a mic! the reason this is so confusing is because you need no team work what so ever in CoD games. Yet in a game like Halo where the word “team” isnt just a word its a definiton of what should be done, no one uses a mic. People we have to get out of the habbit of not using our mics, i understand if you dont have one but if you do please do use.
>
> Let me know if you guys agree, or if you have a scenario on why you wouldnt use a mic besides you dont have one, or some made up scenarios that would never happen.

i feel your pain. and if they DO have mics, they are in party chat. double facepalm there. lol.

some people dont really care, thats the main reason i’d reckon. pretty sure everyone knows that using your mic is beneficial to your team, no one would really debate that. its just a matter of how much each individual person cares about winning. i mean… lets face it… most people play reach for the explosions, to fly around in their jet pack, and to shoot bullets. cant really expect much out of casual kids.

I’ve gotten complaints over my Kinect mic picking up every single sound in my living room and have to remind myself to turn that one off. Plugging in the mic to the controller, I as well find few people using their mics, but I have a bad habit of not talking very much, my fault there.

I don’t talk unless I am playing with people I know. I have my mic plugged in also, but I rarely use it when I am playing alone. Most of the time when I am playing as a random, I don’t have any other teammates to talk to because all they do is scream in their microphones which causes me to mute them.

I only take when I play with my friends when I play on my own I don’t speak unless someone wants people to speak back.

Yea people that go into games in party chat is also annoying haha. Also even if you dont talk im glad you at least have it plugged in. Therefore if i ever meet up with you as a random i can call out and you can respond. I understand the obnoxious players that get muted. i have met some rather annoying kids and had to mute them as well. Still put your mics in theres alot of good people out there wanting communication to win the game.

> I don’t talk unless I am playing with people I know. I have my mic plugged in also, but I rarely use it when I am playing alone. Most of the time when I am playing as a random, I don’t have any other teammates to talk to because all they do is scream in their microphones which causes me to mute them.

Ditto!

meh, the world needs to hear my conversations with the wife about which groceries need to be bought and when to start the laundry about as much as I need to hear 12 year olds screaming racist obscenities and pretending they’re on American Idol instead of playing a video game.

You have to understand that having a mic in is the best choice. I played Arena and MLG and I usually wait until I see that the players are “comfortable” to talk to. Other people have raged at me for not having mics in but you have to understand that having mics in and making callouts doesn’t make the team even better.

I did have a mic, but it recently broke. I know it can be annoying if you play a team games and you need to git your team to concentrate fire on a single foe.

I’m going to get a new mic soon next time I go to the game store

> meh, the world needs to hear my conversations with the wife about which groceries need to be bought and when to start the laundry about as much as I need to hear 12 year olds screaming racist obscenities and pretending they’re on American Idol instead of playing a video game.

When you plug in your mic you can mute your mic and only speak when you want to say something game related. Also even if you dont plug in your mic you can hear them trough your television. Now i know someone will say just mute players, but you can plug in your mic and mute the obnoxious kids.

Yeah, I typically pluc in my mic when my kids are around due to the unpredictability of the conversation that may be heard via the tv.

> > meh, the world needs to hear my conversations with the wife about which groceries need to be bought and when to start the laundry about as much as I need to hear 12 year olds screaming racist obscenities and pretending they’re on American Idol instead of playing a video game.
>
> When you plug in your mic you can mute your mic and only speak when you want to say something game related. Also even if you dont plug in your mic you can hear them trough your television. Now i know someone will say just mute players, but you can plug in your mic and mute the obnoxious kids.

Personally, I just got tired of the quality of people I tend to end up having to listen to. Not saying everyone is like that but a fairly large portion of the population could do with a lesson in maturity. So if I ever use my mic, its just to talk with my friends.

> Personally, I just got tired of the quality of people I tend to end up having to listen to. Not saying everyone is like that but a fairly large portion of the population could do with a lesson in maturity. So if I ever use my mic, its just to talk with my friends.

You still hear them from your tv…and if you mute everyone from the game options then why not have ur mic in and just mute the immature kids. see what im saying?

I don’t hear them from the tv. Because I turned that off. I’m just sick of dealing with people. I talk to my friends online. That’s about it. I just leave it off entirely most of the time because the percentage of people worth talking to online seems to go down daily. I prefer to enjoy my games without the constant profanity, racism and sexism. IF people would grow up a little I might reconsider. Until then, I’m perfectly content in my little bubble.

I hate talking to randoms.

I gotta disagree with you man - I’ll mic up to play with friend or peeps I know but seriously why would I wanna have a conversation with some little 8 year old turd or some random dink that does nothing but swear at the top of his lungs for literally the whole match and come on you can’t tell me thats not 80% of the ppl that use their mics cuz in my experience im way more likely to mute someone then to run to find my mic.
I do feel your pain man cuz there is something to be said for having a well co-ordinated team - I guess it doesnt bother me as much cuz Im to busy kick -Yoink- on my own

*kicking -Yoink-

hahaha on that note tho - I always love it when I go into a matchmaking lobby and randomly see someone that ive already muted in the passed - Its like a reminder that I didnt like that person so I should try extra hard to whoop em and tbag the -Yoink- out of em and then imagine them screaming into there already muted mics in frustration :stuck_out_tongue:

> *kicking yoink

You can edit posts by clicking on the small pencil in the upper right of posts you authored.