Plot holes in halo

I am going to make a video going over the various plot holes I’ve noticed throughout the halo games. If you would like to add one you’ve noticed, comment below. Also, please don’t mention halo 5, I know that game has a janky story but I don’t want to feature it for that reason.

As a general sort of thing and without thinking too hard, I’ve always wondered why the Didact isn’t able to just squeeze the Chief and crush him like a little grape, considering he can hold him in the air and close solid metal doors and stuff. Might just be a misunderstanding of the lore; I’m not really a lore master.

Sounds interesting, when will it be up? hope I don’t miss it :slight_smile:
I can’t think of any plot holes atm though.

> 2535440275755392;2:
> As a general sort of thing and without thinking too hard, I’ve always wondered why the Didact isn’t able to just squeeze the Chief and crush him like a little grape, considering he can hold him in the air and close solid metal doors and stuff. Might just be a misunderstanding of the lore; I’m not really a lore master.

Hmm, I wouldn’t say it’s a plot hole. I don’t know the answer ofc but I have some speculations.

First off we don’t really know how the technology the Didact is using here works. Secondly Didacts personality could be relevant. Maybe he just felt like Chief was no real threat so he was in no rush to kill him (this was kind of the sense I got). Or maybe he was holding back due to Chief being his wifes work. Didact had a lot of history with humanity so it’s hard to tell what is going through his mind seeing a human after so many years locked up.

Another thing to note is the fact that after Chief is saved by Cortana, he can barely crawl his way to the bomb, which indicates that he took an extreme amount of damage from being held in the air by the Didact. It’s possible that the Didact did try to kill him, but chiefs titanium armour along with his “basically” unbreakable bones and spartan strength kept his alive long enough.

Major plot holes abound when it comes to the Ark… the end of H3 suggested that the Ark was pretty much destroyed, or at least that no sentient life survived thanks to the firing of Installation 04B (Installation 08). Heck even the Flood was finished according to Cortana.

But then Hunters in the Dark shows abundant wildlife still on the Ark. Then HW2 and its Awakening the Nightmare DLC shows that the Flood actually managed to survive within High Charity.

And then the new story from Shadows of Reach, “Sacrifice”, shows that there were even some old Covenant guards still alive within a Forerunner Dreadnought that should have been killed during the firing of Installation 04B.Needless to say, the details surrounding what happened after the Master Chief activated Installation 04B have been kinda wonky ever since the end of H3.

Aside from the selective use of teleportation throughout the whole series. I think the biggest plot holes come from H3. Specifically how did the gravemind get to the Ark? The covenant spends all this time and resources fighting for the portal to the ark, only for high charity to come zooming out of slip space. It was the best excuse they could find to bring the gravemind to the Ark without Earth becoming completely infested by flood. If high charity came from the earth portal there would be a much greater urgency to wipe earth clean than one cruiser.

> 2717573882290912;5:
> Aside from the selective use of teleportation throughout the whole series. I think the biggest plot holes come from H3. Specifically how did the gravemind get to the Ark? The covenant spends all this time and resources fighting for the portal to the ark, only for high charity to come zooming out of slip space. It was the best excuse they could find to bring the gravemind to the Ark without Earth becoming completely infested by flood. If high charity came from the earth portal there would be a much greater urgency to wipe earth clean than one cruiser.

Catalogue already explained the Gravemind used precursor space magic to effectively piggy back on the portal’s transit path without actually using the portal’s ‘gateway’.

Thank you guys for the responses! I’ll start putting something together and will let you know when it’s done.

How did Brutes, obviously mammals, evolve to only have two giant toes on each foot with a giant gap in the middle?

> 2533274964189700;6:
> > 2717573882290912;5:
> > Aside from the selective use of teleportation throughout the whole series. I think the biggest plot holes come from H3. Specifically how did the gravemind get to the Ark? The covenant spends all this time and resources fighting for the portal to the ark, only for high charity to come zooming out of slip space. It was the best excuse they could find to bring the gravemind to the Ark without Earth becoming completely infested by flood. If high charity came from the earth portal there would be a much greater urgency to wipe earth clean than one cruiser.
>
> Catalogue already explained the Gravemind used precursor space magic to effectively piggy back on the portal’s transit path without actually using the portal’s ‘gateway’.

Regardless how you explain it, it’s a pretty big plot hole that Bungie left for a later retcon to waive away.

Why doesn’t spark in CE just beam chief somewhere inconvenient. He teleports him without consent when they first meet.

Similarly the didact displays control over structures in halo 4, but other than mildly inconveniencing chief one time by taking out part of the floor, he doesn’t use it to any real effect.

I know there’s geas stuff involved, but it seems like the covenant was particularly bad at understanding forerunner language for thousands of years. We’re talking civilizations that literally evolved and grew around it, and yet they seem to really stumble to understand their written words, while being able to mimic their tech.

Whats with this weird rock in FoR that happens to have halo’s coordinates on it. Its just such a weird way to store data in and of itself.

> 2535421108515819;8:
> How did Brutes, obviously mammals, evolve to only have two giant toes on each foot with a giant gap in the middle?

That’s a good question.

How did Johnson, Arbiter and Keyes get back to Earth from Delta Halo before Chief, when Chief left before then, on a forerunner ship. Also whatever happened to In Amber Clad on High Charity? Didn’t Cortana say she could remotely detonate it? But even that doesn’t make sense because in CE when we first tried to blow up a ships fusion reactor we had to grab Jacob Keyes neural lace to be able to do it, and now Cortana is talking like that isn’t necessary and she could do it whenever. And if she could do it why didn’t she? It was in the middle of a giant, mobile flood hive, blowing it up would have destroyed the gravemind.
Also how does Halo kill the flood? Combat Evolved says it kills the flood by starving them to death, but then other sources (Forerunner books) say that it kills the flood, but it also kills everything else because the only way to target the flood is to neutralize a nervous system. In Halo legends and H2A terminals we even see that the rings destroy flood biomass. So what is it? How does it work?

> 2533274839452751;11:
> > 2535421108515819;8:
> > How did Brutes, obviously mammals, evolve to only have two giant toes on each foot with a giant gap in the middle?
>
> That’s a good question.

“Because sometimes people don’t think the universe be like it is, but it do…”

For real though, that’s a question for an evolutionary biologist. Or more accurately in this context, an evolutionary xeno-biologist. As a layman, I’d speculate that perhaps the geologic makeup of Doisac necessitated two large toes rather than a series of smaller toes. Idk, maybe smaller toes are too fragile for the over 2 gees of gravity experienced on the planet, and the Jiralhanae needed two large toes to handle it.