Please, will not change again the MC armor.

The Master Chief´s armor it´s great, it´s okay, i´ts fine. For Halo 5, personally, I want this, no a new redesing. Current armor is the best!

Thanks

I do agree that John’s armour should stay roughly the same for Halo 5 (a few minor visual upgrades is not a bad thing, of course), but it should definitely change for Halo 6. I mean, having the same armour for three games in a row would get a little tiring, no?

> I do agree that John’s armour should stay roughly the same for Halo 5 (a few minor visual upgrades is not a bad thing, of course), but it should definitely change for Halo 6. <mark>I mean, having the same armour for three games in a row would get a little tiring, no?</mark>

No.

He’s got the infinity armory at his fingertips coming out of halo 4, I doubt he’s throwing on the same beat up dirty armor, I’d expect the most drastic overhaul of the series

> > I do agree that John’s armour should stay roughly the same for Halo 5 (a few minor visual upgrades is not a bad thing, of course), but it should definitely change for Halo 6. <mark>I mean, having the same armour for three games in a row would get a little tiring, no?</mark>
>
> No.

To each their own, I suppose. The one thing I was most excited about when it came to a new company making Halo 4 was that the designs would change, to be different yet recognizable. I find that they didn’t quite live up to the potential for this though, since only a few things (Warthog, MC, the BR, Elites, etc.) were given the graphical overhaul, while a fair amount of things look the same as in Reach. I’m hoping that, in future Halo games, they’ll continue to bring in fresh-yet-recognizable designs for everything else.

Alas, that’s my point of view on the situation, and I know very well that a lot of people disagree with me.

At the least I’d want him to have the GEN2 Mk VI armor that we get in multiplayer, that to me looks alot better than the current one, not to mention it looks alot more like a Halo 3 Mk VI armor just “re-imagined”.

> > > I do agree that John’s armour should stay roughly the same for Halo 5 (a few minor visual upgrades is not a bad thing, of course), but it should definitely change for Halo 6. <mark>I mean, having the same armour for three games in a row would get a little tiring, no?</mark>
> >
> > No.
>
> To each their own, I suppose. The one thing I was most excited about when it came to a new company making Halo 4 was that the designs would change, to be different yet recognizable. I find that they didn’t quite live up to the potential for this though, since only a few things (Warthog, MC, the BR, Elites, etc.) were given the graphical overhaul, while a fair amount of things look the same as in Reach. I’m hoping that, in future Halo games, they’ll continue to bring in fresh-yet-recognizable designs for everything else.
>
> Alas, that’s my point of view on the situation, and I know very well that a lot of people disagree with me.

There is no point for drastic redesigns, especially when they break canon.

I want Mk VII or VIII. I’ve always despised the Mark VI.

> > > > I do agree that John’s armour should stay roughly the same for Halo 5 (a few minor visual upgrades is not a bad thing, of course), but it should definitely change for Halo 6. <mark>I mean, having the same armour for three games in a row would get a little tiring, no?</mark>
> > >
> > > No.
> >
> > To each their own, I suppose. The one thing I was most excited about when it came to a new company making Halo 4 was that the designs would change, to be different yet recognizable. I find that they didn’t quite live up to the potential for this though, since only a few things (Warthog, MC, the BR, Elites, etc.) were given the graphical overhaul, while a fair amount of things look the same as in Reach. I’m hoping that, in future Halo games, they’ll continue to bring in fresh-yet-recognizable designs for everything else.
> >
> > Alas, that’s my point of view on the situation, and I know very well that a lot of people disagree with me.
>
> There is no point for drastic redesigns, especially when they break canon.

I disagree, drastic redesigns give the game a sense of freshness that wasn’t there before. When I drove the Halo 4 Warthog for the first time, the new look and sounds made it feel as though I was driving a whole new vehicle. After having the same old Warthog that never changed for 10 years, it was refreshing to have something different for once.I mean, it’s a completely new company, they’re allowed to put their own artistic views on an already established franchise.

It’s not like Bungie never did drastic redesigns either. Brutes and Elites never looked the same in any of their games. The Elites in Halo Reach look as different from the ones in Halo 3 as the ones in Halo 4. And have you seen the Brutes between Reach and 2-3? Completely different.

> I disagree, drastic redesigns give the game a sense of freshness that wasn’t there before. When I drove the Halo 4 Warthog for the first time, the new look and sounds made it feel as though I was driving a whole new vehicle. After having the same old Warthog that never changed for 10 years, it was refreshing to have something different for once.I mean, it’s a completely new company, they’re allowed to put their own artistic views on an already established franchise.
>
> It’s not like Bungie never did drastic redesigns either. Brutes and Elites never looked the same in any of their games. The Elites in Halo Reach look as different from the ones in Halo 3 as the ones in Halo 4. And have you seen the Brutes between Reach and 2-3? Completely different.

The Brutes have an explanation for variations, they are different clans that have different habits. The Reach ones were rather bald? That is how that clans likes it. The Halo 2 Brutes were very hairy? That is how that clan likes it. I have no problem with the Warthog since it looks the game, though the gas cans on the back are weird. As for the Elites, I just attribute that to graphical change. Their anatomy has remained the same.

My issues come into play with things like the Dawn, somehow in Halo 4 is got larger and changed the location of it’s hanger. Chief’s new armor also breaks canon.

> > I disagree, drastic redesigns give the game a sense of freshness that wasn’t there before. When I drove the Halo 4 Warthog for the first time, the new look and sounds made it feel as though I was driving a whole new vehicle. After having the same old Warthog that never changed for 10 years, it was refreshing to have something different for once.I mean, it’s a completely new company, they’re allowed to put their own artistic views on an already established franchise.
> >
> > It’s not like Bungie never did drastic redesigns either. Brutes and Elites never looked the same in any of their games. The Elites in Halo Reach look as different from the ones in Halo 3 as the ones in Halo 4. And have you seen the Brutes between Reach and 2-3? Completely different.
>
> The Brutes have an explanation for variations, they are different clans that have different habits. The Reach ones were rather bald? That is how that clans likes it. The Halo 2 Brutes were very hairy? That is how that clan likes it. I have no problem with the Warthog since it looks the game, though the gas cans on the back are weird. As for the Elites, I just attribute that to graphical change. Their anatomy has remained the same.
>
> My issues come into play with things like the Dawn, somehow in Halo 4 is got larger and changed the location of it’s hanger. Chief’s new armor also breaks canon.

The Brute’s bone structure and proportions have changed in every game. It wasn’t as visible between Halo 2 and 3, but the ones in Reach are completely different. It doesn’t bother me in the least bit, just thought I would point it out.

As for the Dawn, I understand how that can be frustrating, though the ship itself is still the same size. In-game, it appears the be bigger for the sake of gameplay, similar to how the Pillar of Autumn seems to be 3x longer than it actually is in The Maw. Personally though, I think the ship looks fantastic and don’t have anything against its redesign. Like I said though, I understand why people don’t like it.

As for the Chief’s armour, how does that break canon?

From the looks of it he will likely get new armor for 5 and 6.

> The Brute’s bone structure and proportions have changed in every game. It wasn’t as visible between Halo 2 and 3, but the ones in Reach are completely different. It doesn’t bother me in the least bit, just thought I would point it out.

I never noticed that, so maybe you are right.

> As for the Dawn, I understand how that can be frustrating, though the ship itself is still the same size. In-game, it appears the be bigger for the sake of gameplay, similar to how the Pillar of Autumn seems to be 3x longer than it actually is in The Maw. Personally though, I think the ship looks fantastic and don’t have anything against its redesign. Like I said though, I understand why people don’t like it.

The ship may have artificial inflation, but I think it actually became larger “in-universe”. Just comparing the back sections between 3 and 4 look way different. And also, with the hanger now not at the back, how did Chief and Arby get on in Halo 3?

> As for the Chief’s armour, how does that break canon?

It is Mk.VI modified by Cortana. Fine, except in the Prologue we see the S-IIs all in the same armor despite the fact it shouldn’t and couldn’t exist yet.

> > The Brute’s bone structure and proportions have changed in every game. It wasn’t as visible between Halo 2 and 3, but the ones in Reach are completely different. It doesn’t bother me in the least bit, just thought I would point it out.
>
> I never noticed that, so maybe you are right.

Yeah, though I guess it’s the same deal as the rest of the Covenant. I wouldn’t look into it too much, since the Elites went through the same kind of changes.

> > As for the Dawn, I understand how that can be frustrating, though the ship itself is still the same size. In-game, it appears the be bigger for the sake of gameplay, similar to how the Pillar of Autumn seems to be 3x longer than it actually is in The Maw. Personally though, I think the ship looks fantastic and don’t have anything against its redesign. Like I said though, I understand why people don’t like it.
>
> The ship may have artificial inflation, but I think it actually became larger “in-universe”. Just comparing the back sections between 3 and 4 look way different. And also, with the hanger now not at the back, how did Chief and Arby get on in Halo 3?

According to this image, the Charon-class frigate is still 490m long, which is the same length as the ones in Halo 3. Furthermore, both the Stalwart-class frigates seen in Halo 2 and the Paris-class from Reach are 478 and 535 meters long, so it all fits in nicely. About the hanger being smaller, it must be one of those situations where canon was bent a bit. It’s still there, just visually different. While it is annoying to have an inconsistency like this one, it’s just something we’ll have to deal with, I guess, since there have been several others across the games.

> > As for the Chief’s armour, how does that break canon?
>
> It is Mk.VI modified by Cortana. Fine, except in the Prologue we see the S-IIs all in the same armor despite the fact it shouldn’t and couldn’t exist yet.

Alright, I’ll give you this one since I agree 100%. The only thing that I can think of is that they didn’t want to confuse new players by showing off a different set of armour, which is really silly if you ask me. The whole prologue was full of inconsistencies.

> Alright, I’ll give you this one since I agree 100%. The only thing that I can think of is that they didn’t want to confuse new players by showing off a different set of armour, which is really silly if you ask me. The whole prologue was full of inconsistencies.

>don’t want to confuse new fans
>confuse older fans

Seems legit.

> > Alright, I’ll give you this one since I agree 100%. The only thing that I can think of is that they didn’t want to confuse new players by showing off a different set of armour, which is really silly if you ask me. The whole prologue was full of inconsistencies.
>
> >don’t want to confuse new fans
> >confuse older fans
>
> Seems legit.

Yeah, I dunno… I can’t see any logical explanation for them messing up the prologue like that… Still, it can’t be changed now so we just need to deal with it.

I think the Halo 4 armor looks very close to what it was described as in the novels, so i give it two thumbs up.The fact it doesnt look like the armor in halo 3 is not surprising, 5 years is a big gap.

Alright, if it takes a team of eggheads and some serious machinery to remove the armor.

How do spartans go to the bathroom?

Do they have a trap door or does it just shoot out the back of the boots?

> I think the Halo 4 armor looks very close to what it was described as in the novels,

Based on?

You can find more detail about the armor in wiki, but when i think of a suit underneath the armor plates everyone sees, i think of a muscle like texture similar to what was seen in I-Robot, which is described as a layer of metal liquid crystal which is also amorphous,increasing movement force and lifting capacity.Im not talking about just the metal plates but also what is shown underneath in detail.Some details are described in chapter 27 in “The Fall of Reach” novel.I didnt look further because i dont feel like rereading everything to find a exact reference.With the armor in Halo 4 i see function and not just looks.