Please support Reach

I want to start by saying that I am A Halo veteran. I have loved and played every game in the series. I am on a new 360 profile however. So I am replaying each Halo to get my Gamerscore back where it should be. I ran through Anniversary first to get an easy 1000gs and a nostalgia trip. With the 100000 creds that I got from that I decided Reach should be step two. So I completed the campaign and firefight achievements, then I went happily on to the online portion! This is where the fun stopped and the annoyance began.

Reach’s DLC is set up in a way that won’t punish players that don’t own the content, which is a good thing. The problem is, it punishes people like me who did pay for it. Weather it’s the Anniversary only infection map, or the Noble 1 only Invasion map I cannot play them. I cannot after two days of searching find a single match on the dlc maps. Because the playlists will omit those maps if anyone in the game doesn’t have them. When they came out they each had there own playlists, but now only Anniversary does. And that is only 4v4. So there are a solid 12 achievements that are unobtainable. Not to mention that I can’t simply enjoy the maps I payed for!

I and I think many others want this to be addressed. I realise that 343 is off doing there own games but this feels like Reach has been abandoned. There is still a community here, and we deserve to be given some attention. Please reinstitute DLC playlists that allow us to play these maps, and obtain these achievements. If it’s to much time or money to do that, make the DLC free for everyone. This was Bungie’s final Halo. It won’t be in the Xbox One collection either. So please do something about this.

First off let me express my general annoyance at anyone who makes a thread beginning with the whole “I’ve been playing Halo since (insert number here)” or “I’m a Halo Veteran” etc. You don’t need to tell people that, it doesn’t make your opinion any more or less valuable, I’m just saying.

With that being said I agree with you completely, it does feel like Reach has been abandoned and to a certain degree it has. DLC maps are near impossible to play unless you’re with a full party of friends who have the maps or something along those lines, unfortunately we’ve seen what happens when we put DLC exclusive playlists in the game.

Halo 4 attempted this and lost a large chunk of it’s playerbase, I’m not saying this exact same thing will happen to Reach but like it or not it will cause somewhat of a population drop unless a new playlist is created specifically for DLC owners. The only issue with that would be that there’s just too much in the game to shoe into one playlist and I doubt they’d make more.

As crappy as it sounds, Reach is better off without the DLC playlists at this point and this is coming from a person who bought every single DLC pack (minus one that was gifted by Waypoint, thx BS Angel)

If you’re going for the achievements then I sympathize but the only thing you can really do is grit your teeth and keep trying to get into DLC matches or find other players with the same maps. :frowning:

Lem me help you out with the defiant dlc, we are setting up a way that people can play defiant today at 4:00pm CST

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst246629_Second-Halo-Reach-Defiant-DLC--I-will-show-up.aspx

“First off let me express my general annoyance at anyone who makes a thread beginning with the whole “I’ve been playing Halo since (insert number here)” or “I’m a Halo Veteran” etc. You don’t need to tell people that, it doesn’t make your opinion any more or less valuable, I’m just saying.”

It’s context. It is meant to show that I didn’t just pop in the game and find a problem to complain about. I think an opinion colored by years of experience is more valuable then one generated by a tiny amount of experience. In your opinion that might not make it more valuable, but you don’t dictate how I should post. Thanks.

Finding DLC matches in h4 is easier since u can back out.
In reach ,however, it’s almost impossible. Heck, I even deleted my reach DLC a while ago for space…