Please stop trying to drive

Dear fellow Warzone players,

There may come a time when you see a teammate sitting alone in the gun of a warthog. Perhaps it’s even a gauss hog. You may find yourself with the sudden urge to be helpul. After all, surely they want to work on their commendations. Surely they want to kill people. You know that your in-game driving skills aren’t the worst – you know how to go in a straight line, anyway. But please, I beg you, don’t get behind the wheel if you’re just going to careen headlong into a firefight resulting in the gunner’s – and your own – immediate death, not to mention the waste of his 2, 3, or even level 8 Req.

If you don’t know the nuances of being a good wheelman, including how to watch your gunner’s shields, how to slide around bends, how and where to dip into cover to protect your gunner, where every tiny bump in terrain that could send your vehicle careening into the great beyond lies, please leave the gunner and vehicle to someone else who is a capable driver. It’s better for your team, and the gunner won’t be offended if you run past and leave him waiting for a more proficient driver.

Sincere thanks on behalf of all of us.

also P.S.

the gunner is just as responsible for his shields as well, if they are starting to go down just hit A and hop in the passenger seat, it gives you move cover and time to heal without getting hit as much.

Hey, anything’s better than having someone drive you off a cliff

> 2533274881086487;2:
> also P.S.
>
> the gunner is just as responsible for his shields as well, if they are starting to go down just hit A and hop in the passenger seat, it gives you move cover and time to heal without getting hit as much.

Also that.

Seat-switching is thankfully becing more well-known, but when you have inexperienced players driving you straight into a wall or getting lodged in the door of an enemy armoury, or, God forbid, launching you off a cliff, ducking into the passenger seat won’t help.

I recently made a terrible choice of being the gunner for a random warthog driver. Usually, I’ll drive around to help out teammates (it’s usually my warthog), but I got driven into a base and left. I died shortly after, with maybe one kill to show for it.

Driving should be left to the veterans, I suppose

i wish the vehicles in this game were simply more useful. seems the mongoose does the most damage in BTB, which is absurd. Overall the vehicles drive like they are the same weight as a piece of paper. Ive been shot through the air numerous times just trying to splatter someone on a ghost for instance. The warthog has always been diffcult to drive (CE veteran here, then it didn’t matter because they never blew up! haha) but i considered myself a good driver until this game. The warthogs should not jump, flip, and roll so easily. I can’t believe that the spartans warthogs all of a sudden lost all of the vehicle weight and now are so easily thrown off course. The smallest bump in the road can flip you completely around after putting you on 2 wheels. i mean seriously? no off road vehicle such as the warthog should do so poorly on this type of terrain.

wholehearted agree

i have to make sure one of my friends is sitting in the drivers seat so i dont get driven in to oblivion

if i have a rocket hog set up outside the core i have it there for a reason. i can suppress enemy movement and even keep a few in the respawn scree

but there is always one -Yoink- that wants to drive me straight to the back of the base and get us killed instantly

Pro Tip: if you are the gunner and dont have a driver, once you press A to switch you can immediately start driving backwards without even being in the drivers seat

that will get you out of plenty of sticky situations

> 2533274881086487;2:
> also P.S.
>
> the gunner is just as responsible for his shields as well, if they are starting to go down just hit A and hop in the passenger seat, it gives you move cover and time to heal without getting hit as much.

I certainly wouldn’t say “just as responsible”…

I’m trying to be really good about driving. I don’t go full speed the whole time, and I try to slow down just enough to let my gunner get some shots in, but I tear out as soon as he’s getting shot. I carried a guy around on Stormbreak the other night for the first time in a while and he took out 6 or so Spartans, a ghost, and we obliterated Wamik in nothing flat. We got annihilated by a tank, but there was no getting away from that guy…

EDIT: On the other side of that, I jumped into the gunner seat of a hog when a guy pulled up and blew the horn at me, and he drove us straight into an armory and bailed just as I got rained on by grenades. :confused: I’d rather drive than shoot most days.

> 2533274873204041;9:
> I’m trying to be really good about driving. I don’t go full speed the whole time, and I try to slow down just enough to let my gunner get some shots in, but I tear out as soon as he’s getting shot. I carried a guy around on Stormbreak the other night for the first time in a while and he took out 6 or so Spartans, a ghost, and we obliterated Wamik in nothing flat. We got annihilated by a tank, but there was no getting away from that guy…

I’m happy you are someone who sounds good about driving. Most of the time people drive me they are horrible and get us into impossible situations and die. I’ve only been with this one person who was amazing and we lasted so long and he was great at driving. I hope I find more great people like him… But driving can be hard at times and even I know I’m not that great.