Please stop pushing agent locke on us.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

This is probably one of the worst characters added to this universe in quite some time, and comes off as complete and utter pandering to the P.C crowd.
Give us more Masterchief, a.k.a the face of Halo we all grew up with. Seeing Locke plastered on everything Halo 5 kills most if not all of my anticipation for this. Now to trudge through half the game with him… Don’t know if I can take that.

Halo is not only about John-117. That is all that should be said.

Considering he’s not a bad character and is also a main character of the game there is no reason to exclude him from the game’s marketing.

man you must have hated odst and reach

Nah, I think Locke is perfectly acceptable character whose point of view will provide some comparison and contrasting with Chief’s portion of the campaign. But if his presence outrages you, well, the door is to your right and the best of luck to you.

How is adding a new character pandering to the PC crowd?. I can’t even. Locke is a great character and I really like him. Probably more than I like John-117. Probably cause I never cared for John in the first place.

Anyone want to place bets on whether the OP is also furious at the idea of gasp 4 female characters in the campaign as well? The insanity of it all!

Locke is awesome. You crazy man

First off, what about this character is pandering to the “PC crowd”, the fact that he’s black? The addition of a black character automatically means they’re pushing an agenda? You must understand how moronic that sounds but hey, you probably think all people now and in the future are white guys?

Second, Halo has never revolved around just one character. There are so many Halo fans whose favorite character isn’t the Master Chief that it would be ridiculously boring to focus solely on him, a faceless character who barely speaks. Why do you think there was so much hype when Buck and the Arbiter were announced to return?

I have a feeling that if the OP knew that Spartan Tanaka was half black and half Japanese, he’d just about faint.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

> 2734328345197358;1:
> This is probably one of the worst characters added to this universe in quite some time, and comes off as complete and utter pandering to the P.C crowd.
> Give us more Masterchief, a.k.a the face of Halo we all grew up with. Seeing Locke plastered on everything Halo 5 kills most if not all of my anticipation for this. Now to trudge through half the game with him… Don’t know if I can take that.

PC crowd? What the…
Because he’s black? I can’t even. Are we still at this stage as a community? “New character is black, therefore his identity is defined by him being black and that is why he’s here.”
Jeez.

There are plenty of examples of media that very clearly Do pander to that crowd. However, this is completely consistent with the universe and it feels natural. These characters are fleshed out. Their backgrounds make sense. The racial mix is pretty typical of Halo in general. It’s not as if Locke is some random token black dude thrown in solely to deflect from potential accusations of racism. Nor are the female characters simple pandering to gender ideologues. The members of Blue Team have been around since 2001 and female Spartans are hardly new either. This complaint is a bit silly.

> 2533274812652989;10:
> I have a feeling that if the OP knew that Spartan Tanaka was half black and half Japanese, he’d just about faint.

Shhhh we can’t tell him. It would damage his fragile perception of the world.

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

Apparently this guy has previously made a thread on this very topic. Joy. Well, thanks for the waste of a thread, lad. Good knowing you.

What has Locke done to you?

I can’t even believe some of you are bringing up Race and Gender in a Game that’s been Diverse since the Beginning, Pathetic quite frankly…

> 2533274924655113;15:
> What has Locke done to you?

He was born with different melanin levels than the Chief. Apparently that offends him.

> 2734328345197358;1:
> This is probably one of the worst characters added to this universe in quite some time, and comes off as complete and utter pandering to the P.C crowd.

Worse than Palmer AND Andrew Del Rio? By default?

…already?

I kinda get the feeling that pandering is a projection you made to avoid obvious racial implications in your post, because god knows blackwashing isn’t the reason he was added to the series, and certainly not to replace John (which was confirmed, might I add…)

Who cares what you think he ‘panders’ to…

All disgrace the not conquering hero the one who supposed to save us all well now I must save us from you OP. Locke is a cool character idk why you hate him

The funny thing is, he isn’t even black because 343 decided they wanted him to be. The actor that was cast as him just happened to be black.
So how you can say they’re “pandering to the PC crowd” is beyond me.

And, even if they were, so what?