Please stop neglecting halo 2

I called it a year ago that the halo 2 custom game browser wouldn’t happen, 343 had neglected that game and has effectively killed the community for it. It will be 2022 and Ill still have no ranked playlist, no custom game browser, but new silly cosmetics and genderless Spartans. Wow just wow…

Halo 2 isn’t my favorite halo, but I think it’s the only one in Mcc that hasn’t had a single content update.

At this point, given what they’ve done to 3, and now Reach, I think I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need ugly cosmetics, and that seems to be all that’s on offer these days.

All Halo titles will receive custom games browser support. If they want to do it right, H2 needs more time to cook in the oven, on the bright side H2C is getting mod support tomorrow.

> 2535417788857962;3:
> At this point, given what they’ve done to 3, and now Reach, I think I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need ugly cosmetics, and that seems to be all that’s on offer these days.

Who said we needed Cosmetics, I’d rather they carefully fix the Halo 2’s Vista Coding

> 2535428779736382;5:
> > 2535417788857962;3:
> > At this point, given what they’ve done to 3, and now Reach, I think I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need ugly cosmetics, and that seems to be all that’s on offer these days.
>
> Who said we needed Cosmetics, I’d rather they carefully fix the Halo 2’s Vista Coding

I know at least tomorrow when season 8 drops Halo 2 is getting the bump mapping and lighting fixes that Halo ce got so it’s at least a start. Some more work with 2 after that I think should still be worked on.

> 2535417788857962;3:
> At this point, given what they’ve done to 3, and now Reach, I think I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need ugly cosmetics, and that seems to be all that’s on offer these days.

Yep, for some reason the average gamer nowadays is completely obsessed with dressing their avatar up and must have more options, over more important things like, you know, actual improvements to the game. I won’t directly bash anyone for their wanting of cosmetics anymore but you bet my opinion on the matter hasn’t changed a bit. -Yoink- cosmetics, -Yoink- skins, fix and improve the game.

sadly that’s the way of games now, cosmetics first, fix game later. sucks but what can you do?

> 2535428779736382;5:
> > 2535417788857962;3:
> > At this point, given what they’ve done to 3, and now Reach, I think I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need ugly cosmetics, and that seems to be all that’s on offer these days.
>
> Who said we needed Cosmetics, I’d rather they carefully fix the Halo 2’s Vista Coding

Very true. The only issue holding many halo 2 fans back from even touching mcc is this issue.

How can they neglect a game when it’s the game that is unstable? I thought everyone knew Halo 2 is a plate of tangled spaghetti with it’s code? Guess not. One wrong move and the whole thing breaks.

> 2533274919781308;10:
> How can they neglect a game when it’s the game that is unstable? I thought everyone knew Halo 2 is a plate of tangled spaghetti with it’s code? Guess not. One wrong move and the whole thing breaks.

This has actually been debunked. The code has been fixed by project cartographer and the whole thing has not been broken. I thought everyone knew this? Guess not.

> 2533274795624524;11:
> > 2533274919781308;10:
> > How can they neglect a game when it’s the game that is unstable? I thought everyone knew Halo 2 is a plate of tangled spaghetti with it’s code? Guess not. One wrong move and the whole thing breaks.
>
> This has actually been debunked. The code has been fixed by project cartographer and the whole thing has not been broken. I thought everyone knew this? Guess not.

Even if it’s broken I think 343 Industries, one of the biggest studios under Xbox, have the sources and employees to fix it. I simply can’t return to H2 MCC after Project Cartographer.

It hasn’t gotten customization, but they did do several bug fixes in this update.

> 2578846929501283;1:
> I called it a year ago that the halo 2 custom game browser wouldn’t happen, 343 had neglected that game and has effectively killed the community for it. It will be 2022 and Ill still have no ranked playlist, no custom game browser, but new silly cosmetics and genderless Spartans. Wow just wow…

Buddy, I’m fairly certain the reason for Halo 2’s neglect has been restated multiple times.

Halo 2’s codes is being held together by duct tape. It’s disorganized and any tampering code break the entire game. Nobody has touched it since.

> 2578846929501283;1:
> I called it a year ago that the halo 2 custom game browser wouldn’t happen, 343 had neglected that game and has effectively killed the community for it. It will be 2022 and Ill still have no ranked playlist, no custom game browser, but new silly cosmetics and genderless Spartans. Wow just wow…

The spartans aren’t genderless. It’s just up to you what you consider your Spartan.

It is only getting neglected cause it isn’t as popular or polished as Halo 3 or Reach.
343i sees more people playing H3 and HR…
want more H2 content? try to get more people playing it actively.