Please Somebody :(

I need some help guys :frowning: Any advice would be appreciated. This post is is regards to forge. I’m from Australia and as such I get 1 game out of every 10 that doesn’t have a signal latency of about 1.5 - 2 seconds so it’s understandable why I never play match making.
My options are thus to play campaign all the time, or to forge. I chose the latter because I love being creative. However forge in halo 4 is the most glitchy and inconsistent thing in any of the halos that i’ve played. I have successfully created a 95% accurate remake of Countdown from Halo Reach. I have also created an 85% accurate remake of Boardwalk from reach as well not to mention a few of my own projects on the side.
But every single map I make seems to cause the dynamic lighting to break and I am thus stuck with half a map that I have to delete expensive but perfect pieces and replace them with cheap but crappy looking pieces. Which is worth it since the map has to be finished… but then the cheap pieces get all used up because ive had to use them in places they wernt necessary. So i then get stuck with a 2/3 finished map that looks like like a pile of slop.

Honestly guys forge is the only thing I can do in Halo 4 so please help me out, does anybody know how to get around the dynamic lighting glitch? For those of you that don’t know, the lighting just doesnt produce shadows on the objects anymore. On ravine when you go into a custom game everything shines brighter than the sun which is crappy. And on impact everything is in a shadow unless you are standing on or in its immediate vecinity and it looks so bad.

Just to clarify I am looking for a fix for the dynamic lighting, not to use less pieces. I recently made a map on ravine and barely used any decorative pieces which tax the system the most, and I had 4,500 budget left and still the dynamic lighting kept breaking. I hate making small maps. I like making medium sized maps. I even reduce the ammounts of aesthetics I put in the map and I cant even create a bare version of the map without dynamic damn lighting screwing up.

Go to my file share and check out particularly my impact map titled “Harbour 9” and youl see what I mean. also check out my countdown map and if anybody is particularly skilled at forge try to edit the map and fix the lighting. Im at the point where I dont even care about getting credit for the maps anymore I just want them finished :frowning:

Harbour 7**

I stopped reading at Boardwalk.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???

I just thought it looked nice… obviously its not to everybody’s taste though but I know countdown is the map which most people liked from reach which is why i said to check that one out the most. sorry for the big essay btw ^^

> I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
>
> WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???

the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.

> I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
>
> WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???

Hey, I’ll take this guy’s Boardwalk over one of the several Cage/Uncaged remakes already out there…

OP, I wish I had advice for you. I’m the world’s worst forger. I delete only important things quite on accident so my friends have learned to make me a bouncy house out of shield doors and put me off to the side somewhere when we forge. :slight_smile:

I will ask some of the forgers I know if they have advice for you maybe. Check back later once they have a chance to wake up and whatnot, okay?

> > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> >
> > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
>
> the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.

So mean lol

As for the OP, I cannot help with any of this. I haven’t played online yet and every map I’ve created in forge offline seem to work out fine.

By the way, I live in Austalia as well. Is the connection as bad as Halo 3?

> > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> >
> > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
>
> Hey, I’ll take this guy’s Boardwalk over one of the several Cage/Uncaged remakes already out there…
>
> OP, I wish I had advice for you. I’m the world’s worst forger. I delete only important things quite on accident so my friends have learned to make me a bouncy house out of shield doors and put me off to the side somewhere when we forge. :slight_smile:
>
> I will ask some of the forgers I know if they have advice for you maybe. Check back later once they have a chance to wake up and whatnot, okay?

Thank you so much I deffinitely will :slight_smile:

> > > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> > >
> > > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
> >
> > the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.
>
> So mean lol
>
> As for the OP, I cannot help with any of this. I haven’t played online yet and every map I’ve created in forge offline seem to work out fine.
>
> By the way, I live in Austalia as well. Is the connection as bad as Halo 3?

Its worse… in reach it wasnt so bad because you had the custom search option even if the waiting time to find a lobby was double it was still worth it but that option isnt in halo 4

> > > > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> > > >
> > > > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > > > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
> > >
> > > the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.
> >
> > So mean lol
> >
> > As for the OP, I cannot help with any of this. I haven’t played online yet and every map I’ve created in forge offline seem to work out fine.
> >
> > By the way, I live in Austalia as well. Is the connection as bad as Halo 3?
>
> Its worse… in reach it wasnt so bad because you had the custom search option even if the waiting time to find a lobby was double it was still worth it but that option isnt in halo 4

Wow…looks like I won’t be playing Halo 4 much. I couldn’t stand players teleporting everywhere on Halo 3. Halo Reach was way better, I would barely lag out of games.

> > > > > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> > > > >
> > > > > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > > > > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
> > > >
> > > > the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.
> > >
> > > So mean lol
> > >
> > > As for the OP, I cannot help with any of this. I haven’t played online yet and every map I’ve created in forge offline seem to work out fine.
> > >
> > > By the way, I live in Austalia as well. Is the connection as bad as Halo 3?
> >
> > Its worse… in reach it wasnt so bad because you had the custom search option even if the waiting time to find a lobby was double it was still worth it but that option isnt in halo 4
>
> Wow…looks like I won’t be playing Halo 4 much. I couldn’t stand players teleporting everywhere on Halo 3. Halo Reach was way better, I would barely lag out of games.

Odd, I’m from Australia and my connection is almost always perfect in halo 4 matchmaking, better than reach even with custom search on.

I’m Kiwi and my connection is perfectly good.

FTS Bear, the connection should be fine. I assume the King over there has problems with people using his network while he’s playing or some other problem.

im from Aus as well but i dont have that many issues as you but late at night after midnight when all the europeans hop on is when i start having one or two issues but apart from that everything is fine in MM

> Just to clarify I am looking for a fix for the dynamic lighting, not to use less pieces. I recently made a map on ravine and barely used any decorative pieces which tax the system the most, and I had 4,500 budget left and still the dynamic lighting kept breaking. I hate making small maps. I like making medium sized maps. I even reduce the ammounts of aesthetics I put in the map and I cant even create a bare version of the map without dynamic damn lighting screwing up.

Snickerdoodle woke me up and asked me to drop by.

Here’s what you already know: You’re using too many objects. When the lighting system is overtaxed, it shuts down. There’s no way around that, you need to use fewer objects.

Here’s something you might not know: The cost of an object in Forge is NOT an accurate representation of how taxing it is on the lighting system. For example, have you ever thought that it was strange that a 1x1 block costs $10, and an Impact 4 Way Large also costs $10? The Impact 4 Way Large actually costs more like $100 when it comes to the effect it has on dynamic lighting. Here’s a great post from ForgeHub that goes into a lot of detail about this.

So you need to be more efficient in general by using less objects overall, but I would start out by reviewing that post at ForgeHub and replacing the objects that have a deceptively high impact on the lighting system.

If you have more Forge questions in the future, I keep a pretty close eye on the Community Forge Q&A Thread in the Community Creations forum.

> > > > > > I stopped reading at Boardwalk.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU REMAKE THAT HORRENDOUS MAP???
> > > > > > WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???
> > > > >
> > > > > the guy comes on here for help and this is what he gets.
> > > >
> > > > So mean lol
> > > >
> > > > As for the OP, I cannot help with any of this. I haven’t played online yet and every map I’ve created in forge offline seem to work out fine.
> > > >
> > > > By the way, I live in Austalia as well. Is the connection as bad as Halo 3?
> > >
> > > Its worse… in reach it wasnt so bad because you had the custom search option even if the waiting time to find a lobby was double it was still worth it but that option isnt in halo 4
> >
> > Wow…looks like I won’t be playing Halo 4 much. I couldn’t stand players teleporting everywhere on Halo 3. Halo Reach was way better, I would barely lag out of games.
>
> Odd, I’m from Australia and my connection is almost always perfect in halo 4 matchmaking, better than reach even with custom search on.

Also Australian and I generally have no problems. My brother on the other hand always has lag issues and we use the same console. Strangest thing was when we played splitscreen MM, in one match he had lag and I didn’t.

OT: I’ve been using Forge almost daily in Halo 4 and have only ever had one problem (an object would become invisible when lowered beyond a certain point).

> > Just to clarify I am looking for a fix for the dynamic lighting, not to use less pieces. I recently made a map on ravine and barely used any decorative pieces which tax the system the most, and I had 4,500 budget left and still the dynamic lighting kept breaking. I hate making small maps. I like making medium sized maps. I even reduce the ammounts of aesthetics I put in the map and I cant even create a bare version of the map without dynamic damn lighting screwing up.
>
> Snickerdoodle woke me up and asked me to drop by.
>
> Here’s what you already know: You’re using too many objects. When the lighting system is overtaxed, it shuts down. There’s no way around that, you need to use fewer objects.
>
> Here’s something you might not know: The cost of an object in Forge is NOT an accurate representation of how taxing it is on the lighting system. For example, have you ever thought that it was strange that a 1x1 block costs $10, and an Impact 4 Way Large also costs $10? The Impact 4 Way Large actually costs more like $100 when it comes to the effect it has on dynamic lighting. Here’s a great post from ForgeHub that goes into a lot of detail about this.
>
> So you need to be more efficient in general by using less objects overall, but I would start out by reviewing that post at ForgeHub and replacing the objects that have a deceptively high impact on the lighting system.
>
> If you have more Forge questions in the future, I keep a pretty close eye on the Community Forge Q&A Thread in the Community Creations forum.

Thank you SO MUCH! That post has been a HUGE help I should finally be able to complete at least my own maps perfectly. and thank you snickerdoodle too :slight_smile: As for my countdown remake… I have used virtually every single piece on the impact structure pallet so there is no way to substitute more taxing pieces for less taxing pieces because there are no pieces left :frowning: I made it mainly out of sentimentality and for people to say “wow” but whatever. Thanks so much again :slight_smile:

I’m also in australia, i just realised the relevance about distance reading this… >.<

If you ever like to do co-op on campaign or spartan ops, feel free to add me, i got no friends for halo 4 :frowning:

Dat OP’s gamer tag…