Please. Save Halo Wars 2

Hi, I have been playing Halo Wars 2 since the first day. I have the Ultimate Edition and after I bought Awakening in The Nightmare.
I feel very angry because this game is forgotten for 343 and CA. We need a new maps, a balance patch and a free content like a new leader. Please dont forget this game.

Hello Darkness my old friend…

> 2533274943081242;1:
> Hi, I have been playing Halo Wars 2 since the first day. I have the Ultimate Edition and after I bought Awakening in The Nightmare.
> I feel very angry because this game is forgotten for 343 and CA. We need a new maps, a balance patch and a free content like a new leader. Please dont forget this game.

We got Forge and Spearbreaker as free content and you want more!? I would not mind a few new maps but the only priority right now is gug fixes and more importantly, balencing.

> 2535428931727626;3:
> > 2533274943081242;1:
> >
>
> We got Forge and Spearbreaker as free content and you want more!? I would not mind a few new maps but the only priority right now is gug fixes and more importantly, balencing.

I thought Spearbreaker was part of the season pass.

> 2533275001759937;4:
> > 2535428931727626;3:
> > > 2533274943081242;1:
> > >
> >
> > We got Forge and Spearbreaker as free content and you want more!? I would not mind a few new maps but the only priority right now is gug fixes and more importantly, balencing.
>
> I thought Spearbreaker was part of the season pass.

My bad, Spearbreaker was part of season pass. I meant Forge and two new maps. I need a brain examination :laughing:

> 2533274943081242;1:
> Hi, I have been playing Halo Wars 2 since the first day. I have the Ultimate Edition and after I bought Awakening in The Nightmare.
> I feel very angry because this game is forgotten for 343 and CA. We need a new maps, a balance patch and a free content like a new leader. Please dont forget this game.

They haven’t forgotten about the game they’ve just chosen to focus on Halo 6. They’re still going to add updates and patches and bug fixes to Halo Wars 2, they’ve just stopped with any big DLC. I think it’s the right call to, and the fact we ended with the flood returning was satisfying to me.

this game needs a major balance update to many dlc leaders that are messed up!

Once the balance patch returns I’m going back to Ranked.

> 2533274806495508;2:
> Hello Darkness my old friend…

I’ve come to talk with you again…

This game is hardly forgotten, we’re getting a balance patch soon.

I do not want a new leader though

> 2533274927740213;10:
> This game is hardly forgotten, we’re getting a balance patch soon.
>
> I do not want a new leader though

same, just want a balanced game already.

> 2533274927740213;10:
> This game is hardly forgotten, we’re getting a balance patch soon.
>
> I do not want a new leader though

Word. We have enough leaders to play with

> 2533274943081242;1:

Its not forgotten but most people working had vaccation (This may be shocking but devs are just humans too that want to celebrate holidays with their families) and the upcoming balance patch may be massive which is why it takes so long.

Btw why are there like 3 threads a day like this one? Just read the one up and leave it with that. You know what happens when kids frequently ask if we arrived already.

> 2533274840435203;13:
> > 2533274943081242;1:
> > Hi, I have been playing Halo Wars 2 since the first day. I have the Ultimate Edition and after I bought Awakening in The Nightmare.
> > I feel very angry because this game is forgotten for 343 and CA. We need a new maps, a balance patch and a free content like a new leader. Please dont forget this game.
>
> Its not forgotten but most people working had vaccation (This may be shocking but devs are just humans too that want to celebrate holidays with their families) and the upcoming balance patch may be massive which is why it takes so long.

343 are humans?!?! This whole time I thought they were just Zealot Class Elites who make really good games portraying their battle with the UNSC and don’t understand how strong a spartan is. Why do you think a spartan dies whenever it touches a little bit of water or gets punched twice in any halo game?

I just hoped we would get an update on improved ai or atleast get the legendary ai a bit harder. Skrimish just get’s boring because it’s to easy. (offline)

content wise im pretty happy: only a bit dissapointed buying the ultimate edition and not getting the (latest dlc) flood, so many people wanted the flood ow but yea the flood comes with an extra 20 price tag thank you.

Its sad because Halo 5 in 3 years has received more patchs and updates and the only what we expected is a balance and a little content like mapa or free new units like Vampire or Hawcks.

> 2533274943081242;16:
> Its sad because Halo 5 in 3 years has received more patchs and updates and the only what we expected is a balance and a little content like mapa or free new units like Vampire or Hawcks.

Halo 5 also has a larger team working on it. The HW2 team is much smaller but is still working on balance updates for us.

> 2533274943081242;16:
> Its sad because Halo 5 in 3 years has received more patchs and updates and the only what we expected is a balance and a little content like mapa or free new units like Vampire or Hawcks.

Every time someone mentions the Vampire I slip into an insatiable rage.

I don’t know why people think they were a good thing for balance in Wars 1. A flying AA unit is something I can only imagine was conceived because Ensemble was hot-boxing the office.

> 2533274830489835;18:
> > 2533274943081242;16:
> > Its sad because Halo 5 in 3 years has received more patchs and updates and the only what we expected is a balance and a little content like mapa or free new units like Vampire or Hawcks.
>
> Every time someone mentions the Vampire I slip into an insatiable rage.
>
> I don’t know why people think they were a good thing for balance in Wars 1. A flying AA unit is something I can only imagine was conceived because Ensemble was hot-boxing the office.

But without vampires boost banshees would be the only thing a covenant would built in team games, like vampires were literally the only way to stop them?

> 2533274916206345;19:
> > 2533274830489835;18:
> > > 2533274943081242;16:
> > >
>
> But without vampires boost banshees would be the only thing a covenant would built in team games, like vampires were literally the only way to stop them?

Well, there are a lot of things wrong here. First, the game shouldn’t be balanced around team games. RTS games are built to be played 1 vs 1. Team games in RTSs are hardly ever balanced. Halo Wars is no different. Yes, being a console RTS it brings in many casual players and thus team games are more popular, but that doesn’t change the fact that it is an RTS, and should be balanced like any other RTS. If something is balanced in 1v1 and unbalanced in 2v2 and/or 3v3, well too bad. You’re just going to have to suffer through it.

Boost Banshees are already rampant, and removing Vampires would indeed make them even more dominant. But, that’s only if their replacement is not viable. The replacement would be an AA Wraith. Basically a tanker Wolverine without a Y ability. And in reality Wolves do their job fine, it’s just that why would you build them if your ally can build AA that flies? It’s not as if Wolves are terribly outclassed in terms of firepower. Vampires aren’t the only way to stop air, they’re just the easy way to stop air.

Also, remember that Hogs will keep Banshees in line. The absence of Vampires would do nothing to limit how quickly they shred air. While a Vampire-less Covenant would see less unit diversity, it wouldn’t change balance, and to be honest it would hardly change unit diversity. You go from having two easily spammable units to having one. So what.